It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks ATS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just test out of critical thinking and logic at my school with ZERO studying. Bunch of questions on logic and strawman arguments and things like that and I knew all the answers!!!

I know I know. Critical thinking and logic? Not this one.

I kid I kid.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pointless thread is pointless?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

try to enjoy yourself a little and relax

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What are you going to school for?

I was under the impression you were older than typical college age.

Best luck and good on you for hitting the ground running, as we say.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

oh yeah I'm 33 and a carpenter I want to change careers currently getting a degree in network engineering with an emphasis on security but I am changing majors to data science with an emphasis on machine learning

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Are you unable to make ends meet with carpentry or are you simply done with it? Big change.
edit on 5/12/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I'm really sick of it I grew up in the industry and it's just garbage. plus the pensions get put on the chopping block every time the market shakes

also, the pay isn't as great as everyone thinks at the end of the day. once they take all your money out for everything your paychecks look like s****

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I sometimes consider myself lucky that I am basically unviable in the labor force. It sounds like a real hassle even to those who have the constitution for it.

I wish you success.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

it's almost not worth it for what you get out of it anymore it's like we work just to barely survive and then sit in your house and wait to go to work the next day

it's essentially a # culture

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

it's almost not worth it for what you get out of it anymore it's like we work just to barely survive and then sit in your house and wait to go to work the next day

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I agree. In your "enlightenment" thread from earlier this week, you were talking about questioning everything - self, the institutions we are expected to tolerate, our way of life...everything.

Nothing encourages that level of skepticism quite as effectively as a # culture.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

thanks, and no joke.. I grew up with a serious case of questioning authority due to the archaic and worthless nature of the education system

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

oh yeah I'm 33 and a carpenter I want to change careers currently getting a degree in network engineering with an emphasis on security but I am changing majors to data science with an emphasis on machine learning

Hell Yeah!

Grats bro. Good luck getting up there. That sense of accomplishment should be coming to ya soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Lol that was a cake walk just thought I would lighten up the convo a little

Thanks tho

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

33 and a carpenter? Where have I heard this before...? Oh yeah, the bible. Welcome back! It's been a while.
edit on 6/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

new topics

top topics

join