It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever opened a bottle of Pine-sol?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Preschool assistant accidentally serves students Pine-Sol instead of apple juice
www.wesh.com... aWp-hOMFnWO_0xRXSfOnzIuR2YS5iBPMMx-Ww

You know Pine-sol that stuff you clean with. You open the bottle and the massive smell of the chemical pine forest shoots right into
your nose. Yeah that stuff. Well apparently this dummy can't tell the difference between Pine-sol and apple juice. Apple juice which has little to no scent.
These are the people watching our kids, we should be very worried!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Common sense education gone bye-bye 😆

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is just one stupid person. It’s not the end of society. Probably slipped through the cracks by showing off all of her participation trophies.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Greek wine retsina smells like Pine-sol. The story is that the Turks used to raid the Greeks and steal their women and their wine. So the Greeks discouraged the Turks by putting pine resin in the wine so they could keep the wine.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Really? The "assistant" didn't notice the smell???

three students who took small sips of the cleaning product, but none of them needed treatment.

The smell???

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We are raising a country full of people who are unaware of what they are doing. There are two things with this that are of concern, why was the pinesol in an area where it could get mistaken for juice. Next is why didn't this person even look at the bottle to make sure it was juice.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe someone could make this type of “mistake”.

Something maliciously fishy about the circumstances of this story.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

This is just one stupid person. It’s not the end of society. Probably slipped through the cracks by showing off all of her participation trophies.

I actually know a lot of younger people who would possibly do things like that. When I was way younger, I knew people my age that also would do stupid things like this. The difference is that there are way more of them now than when I was young. People think that stuff is safe because it is bought in the store, but that is not true, it is considered safe for a specific purpose. The young also think if they open a can or bottle of food it is safe, yet that is not always true. You look at the food, smell it, then even take a small taste of it if it does not smell quite right. Sometimes a stronger odor might mean more spices in the batch, sometimes it may mean it is spoiled. Be aware of this even with petfood, and remember, that best buy date is not a guarantee that it is not spoiled. I have to keep telling this to younger people over and over, it does not sink in.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You look at the food, smell it, then even take a small taste of it if it does not smell quite right. Sometimes a stronger odor might mean more spices in the batch, sometimes it may mean it is spoiled.

I'm so glad someone else has some common sense!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This person may not have had a sense of smell. It does happen.

My dad used to fill the anhydrous-ammonia tanks where he worked, and after so many years of doing that, the smell receptors in his nose are pretty much wrecked. If you ask him to detect something by smell, you're SOL.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

You look at the food, smell it, then even take a small taste of it if it does not smell quite right. Sometimes a stronger odor might mean more spices in the batch, sometimes it may mean it is spoiled.

I'm so glad someone else has some common sense!

I cannot convince younger people to do this all the time. It is like talking to the wall. Maybe they do not understand that a can can be defective or the seal not correct. We even had a moldy tomato in a can of tomatoes one time, it was all fuzzy but the seal was good. We always check our food out. Listen for the vaccuum when opening the can and make sure to watch the lid, sometimes the hiss is air escaping, the food is bad, the lid goes down instead of rising.

Hopefully someone here other than you is paying attention to what we are saying, evidently parents are not teaching this to their kids anymore, my parents taught me, I taught my youngest daughter who lived with us but my oldest daughter doesn't pay attention so much. She trusts in the system but does not realize the system includes people knowing they have to be observant every time they open a package. People find all sorts of things in cans, bottles, and packages, even mice in with frozen veggies. People working in restaurants do not pay attention either, many just dump things into pots without looking and observing. You cannot always tell if something is bad, but the more observant you are the less chance of someone getting sick.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have so many questions. Was the Pine Sol inside an Apple Juice container? If so, it should not have been. Even so, you can definitely smell it! I feel like this likely was NOT a mistake....

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This person may not have had a sense of smell. It does happen.

My dad used to fill the anhydrous-ammonia tanks where he worked, and after so many years of doing that, the smell receptors in his nose are pretty much wrecked. If you ask him to detect something by smell, you're SOL.

Happened to me for two years, no known reason. We were driving back home from a conference and my wife said, "You probably don't know this, but..." and I said, "Skunk!" I've never been so happy to smell a skunk in my life!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

No. This comes on the tail end of a clerk and a supervisor in the in Washington, D.C. superior court telling a man from New Mexico that he needed immigration papers.

And, in case you missed it, its a whole damn generation that's been getting participation trophies. At least one of them is in then federal legislature now.

Not the end of society. Just the beginning of the end.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have brushed my teeth with Deep Heat before

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's why she teaches at that level. Probably on Vicodin and xanex. Don't let her buy a gun.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko My husband is the same way. He is always asking me to smell food to see if it's spoiled, because he can't smell much. First thing I thought of when reading this.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well, that's one way to learn. Darwin style. The ones who sniff it and know they shouldn't drink it will be smart enough to live a few decades without eating batteries.

Which reminds me of my pet peeve with batteries. You can't buy a pack of batteries without having a big warning label on the package that tells you not to eat them. If you can't survive without a warning label that tells you not to eat the batteries, you don't deserve to survive. Right?

edit on 3-12-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

This is what happens when you can't read.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey there are some people on this planet with no sense of smell. It's called anosmia. Is possible this person has such a condition. I myself have it. That being said, last I checked pines-sol and apple juice come in very different containers. As such the smell thing should be mostly irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join