It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Status Quo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

There is no birth without pain. There's no fire without a spark. Tension is good it excites and forces the old to find new forms. Evolution is everywhere. Nothing exists in a vacuum. The vacuum is a lie it doesn't exist in reality. Energy is flowing through everything.
The flow dictates evolution.
Where is the age of enlightenment? Why does it seem things are getting worse instead of better? Like the collective consciousness vibrates lower instead of higher.
It's your fault and mine, we fear pain instead of embracing it. We value things more than life.
The path to real growth is scary. Sharing and giving are hard, receiving is easy. Passive means dead, only who is active is alive. Causes new story lines. Ignites new transformation.

The fundamental interconnectedness of all things says you can't stop or start what's meant to be, you participate either way. Everything dances to the sound of cause and effect.
Like in those old greek stories, if you try to prevent something you're probably starting it.
The flow doesn't care, it doesn't judge, it builds and destroys and you can call it cruel and try to reason with it, but it won't change a thing.
No eyes no ears no mouth. Why are we trying to argue with fate?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What about the Santa Quo??

GIVE (BUY)!

GIVE (BUY)!

GIVE (BUY)!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It looks good. I will put it on my list. I've been lost in this series:

I just feel like I am member of the Gallagher's family. It reminds me growing up in New Jersey.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Three words. Attachment is suffering.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

There is no birth without pain. There's no fire without a spark. Tension is good it excites and forces the old to find new forms. Evolution is everywhere. Nothing exists in a vacuum. The vacuum is a lie it doesn't exist in reality. Energy is flowing through everything.
The flow dictates evolution.
Where is the age of enlightenment? Why does it seem things are getting worse instead of better? Like the collective consciousness vibrates lower instead of higher.
It's your fault and mine, we fear pain instead of embracing it. We value things more than life.
The path to real growth is scary. Sharing and giving are hard, receiving is easy. Passive means dead, only who is active is alive. Causes new story lines. Ignites new transformation.

The fundamental interconnectedness of all things says you can't stop or start what's meant to be, you participate either way. Everything dances to the sound of cause and effect.
Like in those old greek stories, if you try to prevent something you're probably starting it.
The flow doesn't care, it doesn't judge, it builds and destroys and you can call it cruel and try to reason with it, but it won't change a thing.
No eyes no ears no mouth. Why are we trying to argue with fate?

How do you know all of these things, which you claim?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Observation

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

How can one be sure that observation is truth, and not merely filtered perceptions?

Consider the metaphor of the five blind men, observing different parts of an elephant, and all reaching different conclusions.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm not a blind man. Also sure it's filtered perception, the question is what filter you use.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I'm not a blind man. Also sure it's filtered perception, the question is what filter you use.

Blindness is another metaphor, as you may have heard? (Or seen?)

Whom would believe that their own filter was true?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I used many filters that was my point, I changed perception so often I can say I saw the overlapping inner core.
Free yourself from bias and look around. There is a quint essence in everything.
Language is always a metaphor, how else could we communicate?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

It's a tough one! The older I get, the more I realise conflict is the fuel in humanity's technological engine.

Where are those ancient rock throwers? Where are the Heidels or the little 'pithacus? Their fires are all buried and their bones all crushed to dust in the dirt. Same place we'll be in the future; rolled over and folded into the living DNA of planet Earth.

We can get metaphysical and philosophise for decades and often the ideas are reflected in reality. As much as some traditions seek to detach consciousness from materiality we're all products of both. After all, without the processes of evolution, the Gautamas of history wouldn't have been able to meditate on existence.

Where are they now and where did the daffodils go from spring?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I used many filters that was my point, I changed perception so often I can say I saw the overlapping inner core.
Free yourself from bias and look around. There is a quint essence in everything.
Language is always a metaphor, how else could we communicate?

Just because we alter filters, doesn't mean that what is seen through both, or many of them: is real, nor true.

Not so sure that all words are metaphors, but if you mean that a word is always a weak representation of an underlying essence: would tend to agree.

Is there a bias that you perceive in me, that is not in yourself?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What is true with all filters has a good chance of being true.

How could I know your bias? We spoke by far not enough for me to tell?

Words are symbols like numbers, all just representations not "it". That's what I meant.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What is true with all filters has a good chance of being true.

How could I know your bias? We spoke by far not enough for me to tell?

Words are symbols like numbers, all just representations not "it". That's what I meant.

Am agreeable, if we speak of probabilities, (..."...a good chance..."...), but no more.
A filter is a filter. We do not know all possible filters. Our perceptions are limited.

You mentioned something about bias: (..."...Free yourself from bias and look around..."...), so that wasn't for me, but just a general bit of advice to others?

Understand what you mean about words. Agreed that words are a minimized form of describing something, or a concept, and most invariably fall short.
Perhaps words are better than images though, as a picture is worth only a thousand words.

(Don't 'know' these things. They are merely opinion/belief/temporary ideas/observations).

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Everything is a probability, nothing is one hundred percent certain, even if the maths suggests it is. I totally agree with your (last sentence)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Everything is a probability, nothing is one hundred percent certain, even if the maths suggests it is. I totally agree with your (last sentence)

Thanks for being agreeable. It is noticed and appreciated.

Seems to be a bit rare hereabouts, these days.

Sometimes feel it necessary to put that caveat at the end of posts: "(Don't 'know' these things. They are merely opinion/belief/temporary ideas/observations)."

Could we apply a similar caveat to your OP? (Points back towards my first question).

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Sure I agree those are just my observations.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am unoffendable, and therefore am invincible.
I do not want anything, and therefore have everything.

The status quo is offendable, and therefore is weak. The status quo is contingent on your compliance, and therefore is of no value to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

"We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
-Watchmen

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Great!
Is there anything from your observations that you would like to examine?
Would you want to exchange about the 3 questions you asked?
Want me to just go-away? (Lol)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join