It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not really a believer. Why do I still look to the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think you and all of us look to the sky just because it is possible that anything can happen and it just might be our chance or luck to see something not of this world. Usually you see things when you're not really looking for it, so enjoy star gazing and one day just maybe.....

btw I like to look at the night sky because of its vastness, it helps me to realize my place in the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
why do I STILL look to the stars when I'm out at night?

For the same reason I look. Because as you look up in the general direction of a cluster of stars, you wonder if someone there is looking back in our general direction.

I'm also firmly in the camp that life exists more often than not... but that we have never been visited by any extraterrestrial travelers of any type.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I believe that there is ET life out there, the mathematical odds are for it. I just don't particularialy subscribe to contact. My question is, with my beliefs, why do I STILL look to the stars when I'm out at night? The constellations are my friends. They don't move very quickly.

Thoughts?

Well, for me, it's the closest I'll get to time travel. When I look up at the stars, no telling how far back in time I'm seeing. The light I see could be from a star that died millions of years ago... I find that completely fascinating....and humbling....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think intrepid pointed out something for all of us here even him self; we are not honest with our self we do not see our self only the one that is build up of memories, but there is another self that is not build up of memories a self that already knows everything. but we never rely on our self.. nobody knows why.. so therefore you look up to the stars.

a thought. ok

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Perhaps you still look at the sky because it is pretty and sparkley.

Do you really need another reason?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
When I look up at the sky, the first thing I think is 'WOW thats B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!' Then the next thought that floats through my head is 'Damn this place is HUGE!'

I believe there is some other form of life out there. I dont know whether we have been contacted or not, but I really feel that we would be very arrogant to think that we are the only thing out her in the vastness of space.

It also hits me in a spiritual way. I dont subscribe to Catholic dogma, but I do believe in the Almighty, and every time I get through thinking just how huge our universe is, I think about the awsome power that created it. It is right about there that my brain shortcircuits and I have to rewire

Good questions Canuk!

[edit on 2/26/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I know how you feel, Intrepid. You too Kidfinger:

When I look up at the sky, the first thing I think is 'WOW thats B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!' Then the next thought that floats through my head is 'Damn this place is HUGE!'

I, like most people here, also believe in life outside of this planet. I'm not sure if we've ever been contacted or not. I haven't really researched it enough to completely make up my mind, but odds seem to point to no. I think the other posters were right when they said you look at the stars because either "Just In Case", or maybe you want to believe you're one day going to see something. Hell, I'd be pretty exited if I did! I actually have seen some things that I couldn't explain, but I don't want to draw any conclusions as to whether it was a "UFO" or something, and I doubt anyone here really wants to hear about it
. But I know that looking up into space gets me thinking. It sometimes gets me thinking SO HARD that I wind up with a headache! I start thinking: "When did this all start? Before the stars were there, what was there? Before the blackness was there, what was there? But there had to be something there before it, nothing can just 'Have always been there!!!' Was it white? (haha). What about the end of the universe! What's after that? There can't be no end, there has to be an end! Is it just a huge wooden plank?
. But what then, once you find the end, is after that!? (repeat cycle) Ouch, I need some aspirin!!!!" I am a believer in God, though, so that helps a little!

I hope you found this at least a little helpful, if not, at least somewhat amusing!

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok

1. you state "im not really a beliver", yet you are a moderator on an ALIEN/UFO forum?

these are your ironic words not mine!

2. so now because a couple scientists or mathmatitions say it , its now fact and unchanging reality to you.?

you never answered......

3. yet theres no way in your oppinion that this universe teeming with life could ever interact with us, even though they surround us?

you never answered......

SO other beings interacting with humans is not logical to you?

you never answered......

I dont care if he belives my story or not!
any one who doesnt is uneducated on this reality, and in the dark!
I never metioned it in my post so why must you bring up my story to insult it!
you disbelivers of my story and others about these reptoids are hopeless and deserve anything youll get from these creatures, so be it!
and you claim deny ignorance, HAH, HYPOCRITE you live in ignorance if you think reptoids are fiction!
IVE OFFERED countless times to take any kind of test to verify my story is real and did happen!
Yet you or ATS dont step up with anything but oppinions from speculation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So put up or shutup if you are going to call me a liar!

[edit on 26-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilution
Alright. Do you subscribe to visitation?

As a possibillity, yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you Herman. You touch on the question of time -
"When did this all start? Before the stars were there, what was there?
What about the end of the universe! What's after that?"

There is no point in time that we cannot conceive of a moment before
and a moment after.

and Kidfinger touches on distance -
"Damn this place is HUGE!"
but the same thing applies to distance -

There is no place in any direction that we cannot conceive of an end,
there can always be something beyond it, even if empty space. There
is matter and the space between particles and the space around particles.

Having a finite human brain during this lifetime, it is easy to comprehend
those finite examples of why there can be no start nor end of time and no
limit to the universe, but hard to comprehend the infinite in its entirety.

The night sky reminds me of this. What is here has always been here and
always will, it is always just in a state or transformation, of change. And
whatever CAN be out there, quite possibly is, as there is CERTAINLY enough
space for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

2. so now because a couple scientists or mathmatitions say it , its now fact and unchanging reality to you.?

you never answered......

Well, I think he actually answered that when he said that he believes it. "The odds are for it!" I believe were his exact words.

3. yet theres no way in your oppinion that this universe teeming with life could ever interact with us, even though they surround us?

you never answered......

Just in-case Intrepid answering it himself TWICE, once before and once after your question didn't do it for you, I'll answer it again for him in his own words.

Posted by intrepid:

Did you read what I posted? I believe in ET's, not contact.

I hope that answers your question for the third time.

SO other beings interacting with humans is not logical to you?

you never answered......

......need I say more?

posted by intrepid
Did you read what I posted? I believe in ET's, not contact.

I dont care if he belives my story or not!
any one who doesnt is uneducated on this reality, and in the dark!

Oh really? And here I though we were open-minded and that we were supposed to deny ignorance. But apparently anyone who doesn't agree with you is just ignorant and in the dark, so it really doesn't matter, huh?

you disbelivers of my story and others about these reptoids are hopeless and deserve anything youll get from these creatures, so be it!
If they're anything like you, let's just hope they don't ask us any questions.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh do you speak for intrepid OFTEN?

Then speak for him on this since he doesnt himself,
He belives ET visits but never comes in contact with anyone, lol, is that right?

so to be correct he states:
ET surrounds us in the universe.
Comes by and visits now and again.
But nobody sees them ever and they dont abduct people or interact in any way not even colllecting samples from humans..... is that correct?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

He belives ET visits but never comes in contact with anyone, lol, is that right?

What the heck is your freaking problem?

Why do you CARE what he believes?

Why do you care if he believes you?

He has answered your questions put it to bed and quit whining like a little baby.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh i cant even ask someone questions about what they just posted?
But he can come regularly to mine and trash whatever i say?
I see how it is.....

and by the way dont tell me i dont answer questons anymore intrepid if your not going to respond to mine and let the record show he insulted again for the 6th time and i have not responded to it.

You can feel safe from logical questions now intrepid,
This is happily my last post on this or any of your threads.
good day.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No he doesn't. Actually Herman and I share different points of view on many issues. I respect him though because he resects the site and it's members.

I wanted to ask a question that I found compelling and got a descent response from the members, I appreciate that. You on the other hand are a troll. You are only here to disrupt the site. This will be my last response to you in this thread. I am going to show the members how to deal with a troll, you ignore them. Nothing gained by interacting with someone who's only purpose is antagonism. Feel free to berate anything here, as you do, just a little piece of advice? I'm not the only mod on this site. Guide yourself accordingly.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No I don't speak for him often. In fact, we're on opposite sides in most of the threads we participate in. I'm sure he is much more knowlegeable than me on these topics. My response was not about aliens in general, it was just to make the answers questions that he "Didn't answer" more noticable to you. Obviously, it does matter to you whether or not people believe your stories.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I look because I want to believe. Prompted by the few things I have seen in my life time that are unexplainable. However, there has been no solid proof that these things exist. So I go back and forth in my mind questioning my beliefs, looking for answers. In my opinion, the only answers exist in the skies above. Therefore, I continue staring up at the skies hoping, because I want to believe. Humbly taking in the beauty, the vastness, and occasionally getting a small reward in viewing the Aurora Borealis sent from our Canandian neighbors to the north.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've seen some things that have really made me wonder about 'unearthly aliens.' But mostly I look to the stars to internally speak with the Creator. I feel I open up my spirit to the vastness and minuteness of "being human".

Tuatara's Third Eye

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I saw it for the first time in my lafe a couple of months ago. It was incredibly beautiful. I was agog.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My question is, with my beliefs, why do I STILL look to the stars when I'm out at night?

Thoughts?

Because you are influeced by alien thoughts and ideas in this forum (and perhaps other sites). It would make you wonder whether all you see and here is true or not. That is quite normal, even if aliens would not exist at all.

If this forum was relating to God/s, you would still keep looking the sky, but searching for God, rather than aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join