It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska earthquake: Strong 7.2 quake ROCKS city of Anchorage - Tsunami Warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Amazing that no one really got hurt.

I've been watching the KTVA live feed and seeing the damage inside some of the buildings and man o man, people are lucky!

There was a kind of funny part when watching during an aftershock and the reporters all ducked under the studio desks.
It was funny but scary....

I wonder how bad this will mess up postal and shipping ports?
A lot of things go up to Anchorage before coming back down the coast to Southeast AK.

*ponder*

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I was born here, moved when I was 9 and always dreamed of coming back.

Best thing I ever did for myself

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I was subject to an Earthquake once. Sort of. The magnitude was 2. TWO.

I didn't like it. though. It felt like somebody had cut a huge tree down and it shook the Earth, but it was sustained shaking. Tree down, one big rumble and it's over. This thing went on and on.

Spooky. Makes you feel insecure.

I'm glad Alaska is going to be okay.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wanted to jump back on here after years of absence because this is the only group of people who may appreciate this.

Does anyone remember that story that came out hours before the Anchorage earthquake about strange seismic waves off the coast of Madagascar?

www.nationalgeographic.com...

I may be reaching here, but that area is almost the exact polar opposite to Anchorage.

www.geodatos.net...

My mind is toying with the idea that there was some sort of connection.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was last to leave work at 4 PM.

Mid-town still dark. They cut power to the building so power transformers don’t overload when power is restored. Even the lower staircase was in the Darcy (very TWD!).

While walking home (everyone else was already home) decided to go to the neighborhood bar. They had power!!!

First song on the jukebox? Shake, Rattle, and Roll!!

Funny guys here at the watering hole!

Besides mid-town, I gotz nothing more to report!

Hope everyone else made through as smoothly!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Glad all you folks are okay.

I can't even imagine a quake as big as that. I remember the absolute terror I felt in one that was only a bit over 5.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

The port is OK to receive, so we wont have any shortages of goods I think. The airport is slowly being reopened and flights have been getting in and out for a few hours.

126 aftershocks of 4+ and 4 over 5.0. 4% chance of a larger one and if I get it right they expect three more or so 5+.

The city is mostly functional and if you were on most roads you would no know. The building codes did their job here.

We got off lucky here I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

They suck!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There were only 6 quakes when I started watching, fewww. You Alaskans(Hawaiians too)
As for someone that values sleep.. get the feeling you guys are laughing now.

But please and thank you for updates. Stay warm and cozy..
Shout if anything is needed!🤗

Edit: did anyone check on the prisoners over at Goose Creek?
edit on 30-11-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Interesting about the cabinet doors holding. What sort of fasteners do you have? My daughter and I were just discussing the wisdom of storing our home-canned produce on open shelves. I have two large antique commercial cabinets that have secure fasteners on the doors. We decided to use the open shelves for things in tin cans or plastic and keep the glass inside the secure cabinets. Did we do right?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

At 430 tonight the line out the door at one of the many liquor stores around here wrapped out the door and halfway around the side of the building. Probably 60 people.

Alaskans will sleep fine tonight, some of us without any assistance, even. I'm tired from cleaning up broken glass and calming down kids and my wife following the aftershocks. As far as I'm concerned, we've entered s#!t or get off the pot territory... Earth needs to decide whether she's done with her little manic episode and calm herself or get it out of her system a little faster.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Bigburgh

At 430 tonight the line out the door at one of the many liquor stores around here wrapped out the door and halfway around the side of the building. Probably 60 people.

Alaskans will sleep fine tonight, some of us without any assistance, even. I'm tired from cleaning up broken glass and calming down kids and my wife following the aftershocks. As far as I'm concerned, we've entered s#!t or get off the pot territory... Earth needs to decide whether she's done with her little manic episode and calm herself or get it out of her system a little faster.

Damn.. HOLY DAMN!
Epic

Honored to here that.

Edit: still sucks, but my respect has grown tremendously

Still shout if neededed.
edit on 30-11-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've been observing this throughout the day. Happy everyone's okay!

Wonder if and how well a warning system worked for Alaska? Washington State is falling behind on the early warning system as Shake Alert is still being updated.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

California is starting a warning system that uses cellular data to “feed forward” info so people in front gat least seconds if not minutes to prepare.

Just started this year from the 79’s!!
edit on 30-11-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid google search for Mutombo

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Can’t believe I missed it I was there for the last big one that was like a 7.2 or something I love being in an earthquakes

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Earth needs to decide whether she's done with her little manic episode and calm herself or get it out of her system a little faster.

Amen Brother! I'm sick of those damn aftershocks.

I found an unopened bottle of Gentlemen Jack I did not know I had. I plan on sleeping really well.

We have plenty of food and gas in the vehicle so we are staying home and chilling. It's good to be prepared and not have to go out. I don't do well in lines.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yeah, aftershocks suck. If I were by myself, I wouldn’t mind so much... I would lay in bed, and guesstimate the seriousness/magnitude before maybe being forced to take appropriate measures, but there’re others to worry about, so gotta be ready to mobilize.... Stressful... Oh, well.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Look I found out a out it from a tweet from Trump . None of my news I watch posted anything about it I had to goggle quake in Alaska to find news about it all my news feeds kept talking about that liar Cohen. Prayers go out to Alaska it's December so I know it's got to be cold there already and to go thru this and to be with out power for heat would really suck.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Someone told me the Alaskan quake was at the top of the crack and will zipper all the way down to Chile.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
Someone told me the Alaskan quake was at the top of the crack and will zipper all the way down to Chile.

Was that someone a YouTube "awakened mind" expert with logic stretching misinterpreted video clips while ominous music plays in the background or was it someone with some actual scientific knowledge?

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join