It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez compares members of migrant caravan to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
She's right. Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime.

But border-hopping, eluding examination and inspection, or providing willfully false or misleading representation is.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"It's not that I am defended her...I think she is young/naive and mis-speaks a lot. Then again Obama thought there were 51 states(not really did he?) Bush and Trump have so many gaffes its impossible to catalog them all.

Anyway, this childish, irresponsible "reporting" has gotten out of hand IMO. I does nobody any good".

From the OP. Whew, broke a sweat there!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

EXACTLY! Thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: watchitburn

That could go for 99% of officials. Look at that fool from Hawaii claiming border patrol used chemical weapons.

My point is, gimme NEWS not OPINIONS! This is one of the things I detest about our economy though, the news has been hijacked by corporations, so opinions have replaced facts.

I'm used to it. You have to find unedited videos anymore to make your own decision.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That's kind of how I feel..

I check for headlines than try to find local coverage of a story since that is usually a little more honestly covered.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I try to limit my time on here to be honest. You get called a Leftist by people who get mad at the Left for labeling people. Kinda moronic, but I get it. Peeps are being conditioned and I have fallen for some crap I shouldn't have in the past so I am just as guilty.

The OP is really about sensationalist headlines making claims that the words in the ensuing article does not back up. You could put a lot of names in there, it just so happens that I thought this particular one was pretty egregious in nature. But, Oh Boy, peeps just see a name in the headline and their eyes glaze over the content as they type the reply as fast as poss! LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Clearly they have to stay in Mexico, and I think any progressive should back me up on this. The US is just not safe for them and their poor, poor children. We have way too many gun nuts on the street. They might be shot at any minute in one of the millions upon trillions of mass shootings that occur every day here.

Don't they know? It's Aramageddon in the US and far, far worse than what they left.

And we're all Nazi loving baby Hitlers. Why would they want to come here at all?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Congrats on that win BTW, 7 overtimes! Christ, those boys will need a break after that.(I assume that is LSU tigers)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That is exactly what I try to do. In this case there was none, but yes, I like my reporting like I like my beer. Locally brewed as much as possible!

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Not all, just the deplorables. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Congrats on that win BTW, 7 overtimes! Christ, those boys will need a break after that.(I assume that is LSU tigers)

We lost

But we had 4 wins in the last drive and 1st OT, just to be taken away. Only to finally lose 72-74 after a bogus PI call on our CB when the ball was 10 yards over the WR's hands gave A&M another shot, which was successful. As frustrating as it was, it's nice to see national sports media recognizing how bad that officiating was. It was as bad as the 1990 Colorado "Fifth Down" TD that won them the NC, but the implications in this game weren't as high, although LSU could have had a myriad of miracles happen next week and still get into the top 4.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Many of these caravan refugees are running for their lives.

Source?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

What would constitute a source to you?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I have doubts about it, because they are some of the best dressed, most well fed running for their lives refugees I have ever seen.

I am sure there are some that truly fit the definition of a refugee running for their life, the majority are not they are economic refugees which is an entirely different thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I don't disagree. I just want to add that migrant workers coming to the US by caravan isn't an unusual happening. They come every year. Illegal migrants have been picking our fruits and vegetables for decades.

edit on 26-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for the idiots that supposedly elected Ocasio-Cortez. Just how many Jew men were fleeing their homes? the last time i checked Jews in these two last world wars fled as families.

In all of these recent migrant caravans whatever its in America and Europe all i see in the images and videos all i see are nothing but young adult men fleeing. With just a small number of children and whom knows if those children are even theirs.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What ? Is this Freakin ' Women ReeeeTaaaaRED ?
edit on 26-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They have to apply for refugee status in the first safe country they land in.

I remember you stated in another thread that this was international law or UN law or something. could you cite this law for me?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: crayzeed

They have to apply for refugee status in the first safe country they land in.

I remember you stated in another thread that this was international law or UN law or something. could you cite this law for me?

It appears that the law requiring you apply for refugee status in the first country of landing was abolished sometime after 2016. A system obliging refugees to register in the first European country they enter looks set to be abolished

I also found this (PDF file: )

Section 11 The concept of first country of asylum

I also found this quote from a US Immigration lawyer:

You aren't required to apply in any safe third country before applying for Refugee or Asylum status with the U.S., BUT, you may have to prove that IF you were in a safe third country, why you were not able to stay there and ask for Refugee or Asylum status.

I assume you mean the caravan that is coming up. I cannot get into a political discussion about this, but the grand majority are not going to be let in because they are coming for economic reasons, not for Asylum/Refugee status. They will not be able to pass a credible fear interview and will not be let in.

People don't understand the reality. The reality is that most of the persons coming will not be let in. Some will be let in that are able to convince an officer that they are in danger of persecution because of their race, nationality, religion, social group or political opinion. And of those that are let in, most will eventually be sent back.

Above is from this site where someone asked about the migrating caravan: Just Answer- Immigration Law

And this: The facts about asylum

There is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach. A European regulation allows a country such as the UK to return an adult asylum seeker to the first European country they reached. This means that countries on the edge of Europe have responsibility for a lot more asylum seekers than others. Some of the countries through which people travel to get to Europe are not safe places and many have not signed the Refugee Convention, meaning that people who remain there will not get international protection and be able to rebuild their lives.

edit on 11/27/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/27/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Now you see why we feared the coronation of the bug-eyed cortex queen.
Her expansive knowledge of history will enlighten the masses and awaken a new revolution.
Occasional Cortex 2020

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join