It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Not Chicken!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So my wonderful sister in law is hosting this year, and I hope she does not know my user name. She is a GREAT woman but couldn't cook a hot pocket. Before deciding to learn how to cook, she has decided to reinvent what we eat on the great day of fatness! I talked to my brother yesterday to establish the time and asked what I should bring. He cordially said they had it all covered. I said well let me do something, he said she made about 15 pies all the usual good stuff and a bought 14lbs of chicken, you just bring the beverages. I said "A CHICKEN" why no turkey, well she wants to change things up he says. I said " if you want to change things up cook a groundhog, I eat chicken 5 days a week" he agreed but you know the saying.

I am polite and thankful for her efforts so their will be nothing but smiles when she rolls out her GD chicken.

I will bring the beverages and alot of them!

I also will take to my grave that a bird that cant fly and has male genitalia for a neck should be shot and eaten on thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

edit on 22-11-2018 by Sabrechucker because: im an idiot

edit on 22-11-2018 by Sabrechucker because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Cook a secret turkey and when she brings her chicken "accidentally" drop it to the ground and take the turkey out

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I seriously did think about that. whoops you dropped the chicken, I happen to have a nice turkey in the truck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, we all like to be different.

I've been contemplating a goose this year for xmas in England, not sure how it will cook on the smoker but it is making its way to the top of the list.

The main question on my lips....

Where the bloody hell did she find a 14lb chicken?

It will be tough as old boots!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Bring a duck and call it chicken!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I don't know that is a big bird, maybe it was 4lbs. all i heard was chicken

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm going to bring some J&B and by the time we eat it wont matter anyway!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I'm with you ...

I have never in my life seen a 14lb chicken for sale.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I may have heard the weight wrong, 4lbs is more likely, or my brother said it wrong, That's just what was in my head. Now that I picture a 14lb chicken, highly unlikely

ETA- Just texted my brother...2, 7 pound chickens. he said he told me 14 pound's of chicken. feeding about 25 or so
edit on 22-11-2018 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

She got a turkey.
No way she found a chicken that big...

But I guarantee that she will over cook the bird and turn the Breast into a desert waste land.

People use that damn pop up thermostat.....ugh..

And stuffing is evil!
edit on 22-11-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I just verified "two" 7 pound chickens.

Oh yeah it will be beef jerky

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's terrifying

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Turkeys can fly.

I've a spot on the property with a huge cedar that they roost in.

They really can't get out of the tree very gracefully however... it's like watching Turkey bombs falling when they get up in the morning.

Makes for a super-easy Thanksgiving meal though...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I know they can glide into the ground, not technically flying though is it?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yup. I'm still dealing with my weekly meal prep of chicken breast. Not sure why I decided to cook up 12 breasts and the accompanying tenders. Call me crazy but I planned for me AND my wife to start cutting calories. Well. I totally forgot about Turkey day this week. Guess what we're eating tonight?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

GD chicken..me too unfortunately

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I decided to go with a chicken this year. Heard too many stories about the turkeys being recalled and just decided to play it safe. asked beforehand, and no one really cared anyways and it doesn't help that one has to work today so its a choice of either waiting and cooking it up this weekend when hopefully we can all sit and eat before 7:30 tonight or having it late tonight. what can I say, the danged employers blew our thankgiving out a few years ago. it's danged near impossible to come up with a time where everyone is off work at the same time.

still debating on what we are eating tonight. maybe the chicken, maybe something else. the something else would be more convenient for everyone but the sell by date on the chicken is tomorrow.. so, who knows...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If the sell date is tomorrow you'll be fine for a bit. just freeze it

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't want to freeze it today, just to take it out of the freezer tomorrow to make sure it's unthawed for saturday??? I am tempted to just hope and pray it can last till saturday though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join