It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio bill to ban abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

a reply to: Bluntone22

Unborn children aren't considered individuals.

They are property, subject to the owner.

So basically, if you support abortion, you support slavery.

Ok so I get where your coming from, but for you equate that to slavery is kinda over the top.

I always thought you are for less gubment. Why the change of heart now?

It's gubmint that made murder of unborn babies legal.

I have a few tabs up talking about the history about abortion and have some reading to do.
But before I finish I want to ask ya why you feel that abortion should be illegal?(not that you specifically said that) And do you not feel that is gubment overreach?

Not for religion.

Not for "muh feels".

But because I believe that unborn children are individuals and I believe in individual rights.

That's why I am against abortion.

I would be a hypocrite if I felt otherwise.

If you dismember an infant in the nursery, it is murder.

If you dismember in infant in his/her mother's womb, it is an abortion choice murder and currently legal.

What don't people understand here?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So retarded people, sleeping people, people in a coma, children, have no rights?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Anyone here hunt? If so, isn't one of the biggest reasons for hunting overpopulation? It's good for ther deer to have the herd thinned every once in a while. If the population isn't put in check they could destroy the environment around them. I guess the same logic can't be made for humans despite the fact that we are clearly destroying the Earth and its environment.

If that was the case you would expect people that would think that to be against any kind of immigration also, because it would just be more people.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

So retarded people, sleeping people, people in a coma, children, have no rights?

Hmmm

You got me man. Give me a day and let that sink in and for me to fully think about this.

That has never been brought up before. At least to me that is.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Those are two completely separate issues though. One is about controlling the population to lessen environmental impact, the other is a side effect of overpopulation.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Those are two completely separate issues though.

No, they are not. If it is about thinning the herd, they are of the same issue.

One is about controlling the population to lessen environmental impact, the other is a side effect of overpopulation.

Both are about population control.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Meanwhile, this just in:

CDC says U.S. abortion rate plunged in decade ending 2015
www.reuters.com...
edit on 11/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So why is okay to ban guns but not okay to ban abortion?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Have guns been banned?
Has abortion?

Your question doesn't seem to make sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So why is okay to ban guns but not okay to ban abortion?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Meanwhile, this just in:

CDC says U.S. abortion rate plunged in decade ending 2015
www.reuters.com...

So what's your point?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The abortion rate has been falling dramatically.

Is that bad?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Will there be a ban on miscarriages?

Or is the body the only thing that can make the choice?

Should throw her body in jail and put the moms head in a Futurama jar until her body serves the time?

Why would a woman who knows she can't care for a baby be forced to have it?

Is it because babies are cute, or the anti-choice people can't have babies?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Meanwhile, this just in:

A federal judge struck down a Mississippi ban on abortions after 15 weeks, one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country, ruling Tuesday that the ban “unequivocally” infringes on the due-process rights of women.

source

Another judge who understands what "settled law" means.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I dont really care one way or the other about abortions.
But I would assume birth control is better or more available today, that or women are just protecting themselves better.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

But I would assume birth control is better or more available today, that or women are just protecting themselves better.
Indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Or another sign of lower sperm count in men

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It only takes one.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm all for abortion. But the problem isn't whether or not abortion is (or ought to be thought of as) murder. It's that people just don't use common sense when it comes to reproduction. If people had an ounce of common sense in this area the vast majority of pregnancies would never happen in the first place and there would be nothing to debate.

I suppose unwanted pregnancies will always be a problem, as there will always be cases of rape that end in unwanted pregnancies. "Accidents" are getting harder and harder to justify as such, as everyone has ample access to the information they need to prevent accidents and medical technology is more than advanced enough to prevent the vast majority of them if one out of every two sex partners takes the slightest bit of initiative in preventing them.

So it really comes down to stupid people (ignorance really can't be an excuse in most areas of the world), drugs and alcohol. Can't get rid of any of those things with a law. I include religion in the stupid category because getting pregnant because you believe birth control is a sin is stupid.

Most people have no business even trying to reproduce as they have neither the intellectual capacity nor the financial resources to do anything right unless they just accidentally get things right or the child turns out to be smarter than they are and pulls his/her self out of the pit they were born into.

This. +1000.

I won't go so far as to say abortion should be illegal, but it should be far rarer than it is...

There is no excuse for accidental pregnancies relative to the number of abortions preformed. Most modern birth control is highly effective. The problem is the average idiot in this country thinks skeeting on some chicks tramp stamp is birth control. Then when the woman is pregnant, they want to throw around excuses like "condom's break" or she forgot to take her pill.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Does it include healthcare/financial assistance for disadvantaged pregnant women? Does it hold the biological father responsible? And does it simplify the adoption process? (Hallmarks of an anti abortion bill that is actually solving the situation.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join