It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio bill to ban abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow, F#, let's solve the problem via science and medicine.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ohio bill to ban abortion? I was under the impression that if Bert Kavanaugh was confirmed to the Supreme Court it would mean a national end to abortion ... someone ought to tell the people in Ohio they are just being redundant.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Ohio bill to ban abortion? I was under the impression that if Bert Kavanaugh was confirmed to the Supreme Court it would mean a national end to abortion ... someone ought to tell the people in Ohio they are just being redundant.

What power does Kavanaugh have within a republic of, supposedly, a republic?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Himself? Not much. But with a SCOTUS majority of like thinkers, quite a lot.

Of course, he did say quite publicly that Rove v. Wade is "settled law."

We'll see what happens. Holding him accountable is problematic now that he's seated.

edit on 11/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: InTheLight

Himself? Not much. But with a SCOTUS majority of like thinkers, quite a lot.

Of course, he did say quite publicly that Rove v. Wade is "settled law."

We'll see what happens. Holding him accountable is problematic now that he's seated.

Seated in power is always problematic.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

this law that we are discussing seem to ban abortion, in all cases! no exemptions whatsoever. if places the right of the fetus' life above the life of the pregnant woman.... effectively revoking the most basic right to any and all pregnant women, since although it's only around 1% of women who this law might adversely effect, any women who becomes pregnant will become sub-equal to the small cluster of cells growing within her. Believe me when I say this, women see enough women dying in hospitals because the rights of the fetus (even when that fetus manages to embed itself in the wrong place, like a fullopian tube, men will find it much more difficult to find relief from their sexual impulses!!!

and, the women don't pay a price bit.... that is bull crap!!! men get off with paying a percentage of their paycheck, it is dependent on their earnings and the courts usually leave enough for them to live on. women spend 18 or so years raising the kid, which kind of interferes with their earning ability some, and while you say that women hold all cards when it comes to sex, men do hold all the cards it seems when it comes to money!!! they also spend 9 months with the little tyke putting extra stress on their body, and sometimes...
they pay with their lives!!!
which by the way, maternal deaths have been raising for awhile now and who knows maybe it's just coincindence, but that rise began about the same time as the catholic hospital system started taking over a large number of hospitals across this country. this bill would force every hospital in the state to operate like those hospitals do when things go astray and the termination of the pregnancy is the best solution to the women's health crisis.

First, You only care more about women...because you are one. That means nothing to me at all. The small cluster of cells that you so callously (and sociopathically) described, would one day become a living being, much like yourself. It's a process that HAS TO HAPPEN to be a human being. When you stop that process, you have committed murder, because the process can no longer happen. The woman has already had a great deal of her life usually so if she dies...then she dies. Let the baby have a chance at life now.

Most mothers who have actually given birth to a baby would die for them anyway. It's only sociopaths like you who consider them as nothing more than "clusters of cells" that keep them from becoming a great person one day or having dreams that they can go after in life. As there is such a low percentage of women that actually die these days...killing millions of baby's a year just to escape your responsibilities, while forcing the responsibility on men, is no good for me. I have seen the Planned Parenthood stats and even rapes are within 1%, so most women are killing baby's simply because they're not ready to deal with that chapter in their lives yet. Men do not have an option.
So you can take your "Bull#" and shove it.

You claim that women should get off easier than men because they simply have to carry a baby around for 9 months? I have kids and witnessed my ex and my new wife those 9 months, and although they were in a bit of discomfort, it wasn't all peaches and cream for me either. Someone has to pay the bills while she is out of work for a year, while listening to her bitch and complain (again, another right afforded to women that most men aren't privy to...except for those Millennial stay at home dad's, whose wife holds their testicles in her purse, until she feels they need them). Those...uh hem...men, are the exception. They may stay at home while their wives bring home the bacon. Real men get out and work a real job. Everyone else has it figured out, they should as well.

After all of this 9 months of inconvenience (compared to 18 years of financial Hell for men) ...an epidural keeps her from remembering any of the pain of the actual birth. I would trade that 9 months in a freaking heartbeat. It's nothing like 18-20 years of the Hell of court summoning, Financial ruin, the ex using the child as a battering ram into your wallet because she spent the child support money on something stupid....like herself, using it to try to control you and the lingering threat of Jail over your head constantly, when times get tough. The courts even take your passport and car away if you're a man, if you weren't able to make a few payments....just to make it harder to even get to his job.
Her times weren't tough, she just worked like everyone else, got a paycheck and soaked up all of my money too....all while hooking up with some other sucker after the break up, and robbing him blind too. So, in essence...she gets 3 paychecks. Wanna know the beautiful part? She cheated on me, THAT'S why we got a divorce, I did not cheat on her...and she STILL got everything. So, women don't impress me and don't expect me to "feel your pain".

Again, I am a man. I do not empathize with your plight as a woman, and I would rather that the mother die than the child. If she is so willing to murder her own (would be) offspring, just so she can party more or get that job position that she has always wanted and would sacrifice a child's life to do it....she doesn't deserve to live anyway.
edit on 23-11-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I find it strange how anyone can call a fetus merely a small cluster of cells. We are all a small cluster of cells.

I find it strange how anyone can refer to whether or not to abort a fetus as being in control of their own bodies when another body is involved, one of which is not their body.

I find it strange how anyone can argue freedom of choice, when we don't have the freedom of choice from crime.

The discussion needs to focus on what's important. The discussion should be on what abortions are acceptable. It's a difficult decision, but I feel it's more logical. I'm on the fence for abortion, but we all know that no ground is to be gained by how we discuss it.

ETA: There needs to be universal healthcare for maternity, at least. I'd support that any day, all day. And I lean right in universal healthcare.
edit on 23-11-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
That's a start. How about universal contraception?
Universal child support as well?

edit on 11/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

The small cluster of cells that you so callously (and sociopathically) described, would one day become a living being, much like yourself.

not if it made the mistake of embedding in the fullopian tube!! not if the mother is miscarrying before it is viable!! not if the mother dies before it is viable!!!!!!!
while I agree, there are many mothers who would prefer to risk death than give up on the baby they are carrying, I highly doubt if anyone would see the sanity ever in not taking care of a tubal pregnancy ASAP... except of course, except for many some of the crazy hard line pro-lifers like you who just say, well, if she dies, she dies!!!

As there is such a low percentage of women that actually die these days

that low percentage has been rising for awhile now. we are no longer number one.

www.npr.org...

and, I felt the pain for every one of my children, and that "little inconvenience" you speak about at least for me included not really being able to walk too well while pregnant with my third child, being yelled at by my doctor for lifting up my two living breathing children, and worrying about falling while holding and carrying them. That "little inconvenience" sometimes affects more than just the mother, if she is unable to fullfill the responsibilities she had... if affects the whole family!!! Throughout their childhood, I spent time as a stay at home mom, a working mom, and for a short time a single mom. As a stay at home mom, I could go months eating a meal every other day just to make sure the rest of the family had enough, as a working mom, I lived on 4 hours or less sleep, broken sleep at that, and well, my time as a single mom was so short because well... our horror story as far as the child support system is so much worse than anything you have said!!! No man deserved that kind of crap!!! So it was back to living on too little sleep, or going hungry sometimes, or not having the things we needed...

So you can take your "Bull#" and shove it!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Let me relate an experience a doctor doing his first year in-house hospital training experienced and explained the absurdity of what he saw in the hospital. In one wing of the hospital they were spending hundreds of thousands of dollars keeping preemie babies alive some as young as 6 months. In another wing of the hospital they are killing babies that same age.....the only difference one is wanted by the mothers and the other isn't wanted by the mothers. When he saw that, his life long choice against abortion was formulated.

Based on that, is it morally correct for a woman that is 6 months pregnant, with a perfectly healthy baby that breaks up with her boyfriend, and suddenly no longer wants his baby and "chooses" to terminate the pregnancy based a rush of new emotions ?
Well some choices lead to genocide, in this case the unwanted unborn.

Ohio trying to stop this Genocide is a good thing.

Another point, it was women baby boomers who pushed for abortion rights in the 60's and 70's, this supported the free love spirit that enveloped the country and a solution to all the unwanted babies created from that. It might be these same women that as they mature into their later years realize now they need to protect the unborn. Women pushed abortion, if it does become more illegal in the future they will have to lead the charge against it. Maybe they will want to be grandmothers more than protecting the rights they pushed for several decades ago.
Imagine the impact and excitement of a potential grandmother of the father of the example I mentioned, only to have that snatched away by another emotional woman, when she chooses to abort. It could permanently change her perspective on abortion.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 round and round is right. Look at all the gun legislation that keeps popping up even though the SC has already ruled on such a proposal. Ohio is even working on a stand your ground law and the proposal is being called racist.

This abortion law is very bold.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33 the opponents of this bill had a 7 or 8 month pregnant woman come in and testify how she was still Pro abortion. If only they could see what that looks like to rational people.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

This post here represents the scary nature of the lack of grasp of how these things work. Good luck America

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
as a mother of three sons, I can honestly say that I would prefer to have a living daughter in law, no matter how badly I might want to be a grandmother....

so tell me, just how many tubal pregnancies lead to a live birth of a healthy baby???
none??? so why risk the women's life by denying her an abortion???
the problem with the pro-life/pro-choice debate is that we swing from wanting abortion to be allowed in just about all cases to banning it in all cases while just about everyone is somewhere in the middle on that.
this law bans it in all cases.. which is as illogical as saying that we should allow women to abort nine month fetuses. you raise up 6 month fetuses when only 3.8% of the abortions involve fetuses that are between 16- 20 week period. only 1.3% involve a fetus past the 21st week while 89% occur in the first 12 weeks.

abortion is a medical procedure first, the decision to abort or not should be based on medical information first and foremost- how much danger does the pregnancy pose to the mother, will the pregnancy cause a disabling condition, either temporary or permanent, and if so, does the women and her family have the support system and resources to overcome the problems the pregnancy poses. any legislation that overlooks that aspect of it should be shot down by everyone!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Anyone here hunt? If so, isn't one of the biggest reasons for hunting overpopulation? It's good for ther deer to have the herd thinned every once in a while. If the population isn't put in check they could destroy the environment around them. I guess the same logic can't be made for humans despite the fact that we are clearly destroying the Earth and its environment.

Totally agree. For some reason, people think overpopulation doesn't apply to humans.

It creates problems in every single species. Abortion is one small way to help overpopulation.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I appreciate the statistics.

I also wish we could say we are trying to save the woman's life not perform an abortion, if in the medical procedure that at least tries to save both, the fetus doesn't make it, at least you tried. It's just like an operation that a person has but their survival rate is 50/50. If my wife life was threatened, I would ask that the doctors to do everything they can to save both, but if they have to pick one, once the operation is under way, my wife would get priority.

But don't start from a point of we are terminating and that's it, that's not the starting point for a proper moral choice, there is always risks to any surgery and medical drugs people take. People die of "complications" all the time in hospitals, that doesn't mean the hospital personnel didn't try their best, there are so many variables in play.
edit on 24-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The left will go nuts but heck why not? Its the in thing to subject someone else to the whims of intrusion based on a sense of self righteous entitlement to tell others how to live their lives. Heck, just being white is a sin these days. I say go for it and let them gnash teeth.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I agree

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

But don't start from a point of we are terminating and that's it, that's not the starting point for a proper moral choice, there is always risks to any surgery and medical drugs people take. People die of "complications" all the time in hospitals, that doesn't mean the hospital personnel didn't try their best, there are so many variables in play.

You could prevent 99% of all abortions very inexpensively by getting men to wear condoms.

As simple as that.

But the pushback here that I hear is that men think it doesn't feel as good... which implies that male sexual satisfaction is more important than easy and cheap and (the most effective) birth control.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

You could prevent 99% of all abortions very inexpensively by getting men to wear condoms.

As simple as that.

But the pushback here that I hear is that men think it doesn't feel as good... which implies that male sexual satisfaction is more important than easy and cheap and (the most effective) birth control.

I wonder if the scientific health community could come up with a man's birth control pill that would render sperm inactive or something along those lines.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join