It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law banning female genital mutilation ruled unconstitutional!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great New!

female genital mutilation

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that the U.S. law banning female genital mutilation was unconstitutional and dismissed charges against several doctors in Michigan who carried out the procedure on underage girls as part Muslim sect’s religious practice.

Is it just me or does about 90% of the rulings from judges lately seems so far off. Male circumcision is not even close to this. Though male circumcision is not as common as it once was it is the removal of loose skin (foreskin) that can tear and may cause hygienic issues not really seen today. When we talk about female circumcision it is the removal of the clitoris to prevent sexual pleasure, and that is about the same thing as cutting off a males penis head...

I'm not going to debate male circumcision, but "female genital mutilation" is a perfect term here and for a judge to suggest it is OK in my view is so backwards and wrong I really do not understand how the judge can come to this outside of Interpretation of law at a level that removes the whole human factor in it.

edit on 21-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

but "female genital mutilation" is a perfect term here and for a judge to suggest it is OK in my view is so backwards and wrong

Absolutely agree , I'm shocked a judge would take that view if he knew what FMG is , I hope this decision can be overturned by right thinking judges.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What kind of god wants a collection of genital "skin" as proof of belief!?
FGM is just horrific!

edit on 21-11-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Do you think the ruling was in relation to the recent transgender rights movement?
I understand this was a father/daughter and religious and disgusting on top of it.
I just wonder if that might be the background to the judge decision?

Or do you think it was more freedom of religion ruling? Either way - no, just no.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

A federal judge ruled it was unconstitutional because the procedure was part of a Muslim sect’s religious practice

We should just be thanxful they don't practice human sacrifice and cannibalism...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It was a good ruling. The state up north then banned the act. This is what each state needs to do.....not Congress.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Judges are crazy lately. We need a complete redo.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

It isn't just skin , they remove the child's clitoris.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It was a bad ruling because it causes permanent irreparable damage.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Skin is fine. It's not skin they remove.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's been illegal for years in the UK but not a single prosecution. Culture of silence in the communities and police not wishing to seem racist by targeting particular cultures.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I understand what FGM is and think it's horrific, disgusting and controling. I was just making a comment about circumcision in general in this day and age, does God need to wear them or something?

edit on 21-11-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The rulling isn't that FGM is in anyway ok, it's that that federal government can legislate against it under the commerce clause.

edit on 21-11-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Posted already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I agree about circumcision, I think it is barbaric. We don't really do it in the EU like they routinely do it in the US.
There are different levels of FGM though, one of which is removing just the hood of the clitoris, that is equivalent to male circumcision.
All of it is barbaric to me, my foreskin is clean and healthy, I actually know how to use soap and water every day.
If male circumcision had a definite health benefit then the NHS would be all over it to save costs...it doesn't, it just reduces pleasure for males having sex...they might last longer in bed because their penis is like leather due to chafing but there is no medical need for the procedure.
I'm massively against all forms of cutting genitals of kids.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Male circumcision is beneficial and cultural. It's beneficial in every way when done right.

If you want to know more you can study it but no God isn't interested in the skin.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wonder , what if these little girls want to leave islam when they become adults? What if they decide that they want to start having sex, and enjoying it?

They can’t. That right has been stolen from them for the remainder of their lives.

What an imbecile that judge is. “Because it’s a religious practice”. Well, so is stoning. Dare I say it but I imagine this low-iq moron of a judge would also allow stoning if it came to being discussed in court.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What kind of doctor does this? They just do whatever stone age barbaric crap people want?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's purely cultural just like FGM in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i didn't like the way this sounded when written

Withdrawning the comment
edit on 21-11-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join