It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market headed towards recession territory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

A little off topic, but I watched a documentary on Warren Buffett and it was amazing.
He also has the absolute cutest giggle. I'm being dead serious, he has the cutest man giggle i've ever heard.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No worries, half the responses are littered with off-topic ramblings and self-proclamations. At any rate, yeah, Warren seems to be a legit, genuine human. Everyone wants a piece of him and he’s still ‘the son of a Omaha bean counter’. Hard to stay in our reality when you have that kind of pull, but as you note, he’s amazing. Pretty sure if you (not you but John Q. Public) don’t like Warren, you’re just a hater.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Look at those fang stocks

Man I think we are seriously headed into recession territory

Maube right after low holidays numbers its going to hit hard

Get ready

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The predictions I'm reading are estimating at least another 2000 point drop before things stabilize, but with tariffs about to hit, not to mention coming into tax season, where people are going to get slammed by the fact the IRS was under withholding this year to make the tax cuts for individuals seem larger... maybe it will be more than 2000.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The market is down because Democrats gained control of the House.

Regardless, this will be a buying opportunity for people like me. I look forward to making money off of the unfounded panic of other pessimistic investors and institutions.

It's odd how they never seem to realize that.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah. Just like business and people would become more confident and take out loans during a Trump presidency.

Actually, the banks we approached for an auto loan (including ours) last year were significantly more rigid in their baseline criteria to meet than when we'd approached for a possible mortgage in '15. The loan officer at our bank very bluntly said they weren't buying Trump's prosperity line at all, and they tightened their criteria out of caution.

We did eventually get that auto loan, but it was like pulling teeth to get it. Our credit & credit history is fine, they just weren't particularly willing to loan. To anyone.

Hmm, I didn't have that problem at all when I bought my truck. My credit wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I came to a final price with my salesman, he walked off for about 3 minutes and was back with my approval and monthly payments.

<< 1  2   >>

join