It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Muslims

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well, us Brits would just love to live in a country like the US where gun control is such a joke that any old homicidal maniac can go and buy an assault rifle and hose down innocent people.

Actually, no thanks.

I think I would rather be shot to death than stabbed or run over by a huge vehicle....the lesser of three evils?????
edit on 15-11-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Racist twat!

Going with that spurious logic one could argue that Christians are responsible for the majority of the rest of the world's woes.

edit on 15-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The uk is a very violent place , we do not need guns on the streets with the average joe as every weekend would be a bloodbath that would make the USA look like pacifists

A few years ago someone put up the stats that showed we are 8 times more densely packed and way more violent than the USA

pussies

edit on 15/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: ssspppeeeellllings

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Is there a choice, then?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa
certainly beats being jumped on by 10 boys fae the young team!

I remember a viscious assault in the papers and a gang had been fighting another gang in glasgow
and a lad had jumped on the other lads head repeatedly whilst holding onto a near by railing as he jumped!

That level of violence is sickening, Ive seen full on young teams (boys from the scheme in a squad of up to 20 ) square up to each other with chibs, half bricks, samurai blades , machetes and claw hammers ! its not pretty

Stabbings are viscious as well , stabbing multiple times, although my mate james was chased by a young guy who tried to stab him, he took a laceration to the abdomen and then took the knife off his attacker, chased him and tripped him , took the knife off him then stabbed him right up the #er!

not my cup of tea , but some people are that way inclined

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

everyone with a fully functioning brain unimpaired by congnitive disability has a choice !

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It wasn't all that long ago that London passed New York city in terms of per capita murder even though New York allows guns. And its happening with knives. UK had bad murder rate. Logical answer - ban guns and hope it stops people form doing bad things. Murder rate increases. Logical response - ban another inanimate object and hope it stops people from doing bad things.

When your efforts and legislation are directed toward inanimate objects that do not commit crimes by themselves you give up the right to be surprised your efforts and legislation failed to achieve the desired results.

Where does this thought process end? People are killing other people with guns so they ban guns. Problem not solved. People are killing other people with knives so they ban knives. Problem not solved. People are killing each other with pointy sticks. Cut down all the trees, they are weapons. Problem not solved. People are killing each other with baseball bats. Ban baseball. Problem not solved. People are killing each other with 2x4's. Ban building supplies. Problem not solved. People are killing other people with pieces of pipe. Ban plumbing. Problem not solved. People are killing other people with rocks. Planet Earth has to be destroyed. Its a weapon and we simply cant have that laying around where someone can grab it and commit murder.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You are missing the point that guns are much more lethal and efficient at killing/injuring people than, for example knives or, indeed, pointy sticks.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's me knackered, then.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

hehehehe!

some of us who have a fully functioning brain still cant make choices !

I cant choose to shave off my beard whenever I like as my fiance' would go mental at me !

I also cant choose NOT to use moistureiser as my fiance' will go mental at me !

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

A decade or more ago i was working at the Grangemouth refinery and living nearby i took my dog out late one friday night and walked with a friend past a bus stop towards the park my friend was going to his brothers house .

We got jumped by this mob 2 minutes later ,maybe 10 + on each of us , i am 6.3 and my friend is a judo black belt and we got kicked stupid ,plus 2 guys run out from their house to help us and got the same beating .

That same group carried out 10 separate attacks that night on women and men with no regard to age or gender a woman was kicked senseless on her way to her car and it was stolen , a guy in his 50s with his wife and a female friend got the same walking through the park on their way home from bingo ,

That was 3 events i cannot remember the rest, my friend had broken ribs and jaw i had 15 teeth kicked out by a metal toe cap , the cops did catch those responsible but they played the blame each other game and the law could do nothing to them they raged in age from 14-20 s and some were bigger than me

Lucky no knifes or weapons were used that night but those young uns were out of their nut on something , i was more worried about where my dog had got to and if he was ok , the police walked into where i was staying as i had left the front door open as i was pulling what was left of my teeth with pliers in the bath room seconds later the mutt came back tail between his legs ,but rumour has it all those young uns got sorted out in the proceeding years by karma and you ken what a bitch she can be

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Then why did the murder rate in London go up after they banned guns? Prior to the ban New York had a higher per capita murder rate. After the ban London passed New York. It would seem that knives are lethal enough to move London ahead of New York in terms of murder. That is lethal enough for me.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Depends where you get your news from:

Reality Check: Has london's Murder Rate Overtaken NY's? - BBC

So, not really, no.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Okay, for the initial statement I made the stats were apparently cherry picked. However, it is still true that in some months London is higher but I concede that year over year New York is still higher, though the margin is decreasing. I can accept that. It still proves the point though - the weapon should not be the target of the efforts to stop the crimes. Your own reference indicates that the rate is increasing in London and the gap is narrowing. And that happened after the gun ban. And you have to admit London is talking about banning knives now. That mind set never solves the problem, here or in the UK.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Grangemouth you say! (my home town)

I bet I ken half of them ! ten years ago I was 26 and still living in Grangemouth !

it's a shame that happened to you mate , poor wee doggie as well
im glad you didnt suffer to much pain and managed to come out alive !

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Carrying knives has been criminalised for quite some time in the UK. Including London.

My point remains, guns are more lethal. No one here really wants guns anyway.
edit on 15-11-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Then why did the murder rate in London go up after they banned guns?

What are you talking about? We heavily restricted firearms in 1689 and pretty much banned handguns in 1920. There have been numerous restrictions since. Which ban are you talking about? The UK murder rate is still a fraction of the USA's.

Prior to the ban New York had a higher per capita murder rate. After the ban London passed New York.

Where are you getting this rubbish from? For a start New York has one of the lowest homicide rates in the US, and London one of the highest in the UK. More importantly, New York had twice the number of murders in 2017, and will have more this year. The London murder rate was higher for one month.

And again, what ban are you talking about? There's never been a gun culture in the UK, and firearms have always been heavily restricted.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Many British people have kids out of marriage or have no long term partners and that goes hand in hand wiwth the violent kids

Lots of a drug called coc aine on our streets in the inner city hence this affecting people and having turf wars as for inner city kids they can make more a hour than a month at their only other option fastfood takeaway jobs

TV has loads of violent mixed martial arts on it and young kids must be being mind altered by this and such violence does need banning if it is held as a sport or glorfied.

Foreigners have moved into Britain recently and they are involved in gang warfare that is pure of evil these people are often war crims in their own lands.......................... They all carry knives then what do our native caucasian and native afrocaribean lads do in response to these evil Balkans Albanians Knosovans Macedoonians? Our lad stert carrying knives too.

Lots of things above to ponder on but it's getting very violent here in the UK but it's always been this way. My dad used to tell me what it was like growing up on a council estate in the fifties, he said Teddie Boys were hell on earth and people were getting stabbed all over the place. Maybe Brits are predisposed to violence or something?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

oh FFS - not this shiite again

which " gun ban " exactly are you talking about ???????????

one assumes either 1987 or 1998 - but hey - lets hear what you think

now - the killer question :

how did the ownership of any firearm [ held legally under the firearms act 1968 ] make the country safer - and or reduce crime

YES - certain crime stats did rise in 1988 and 1999 - but the reduction in legally held firearms - had nothing top do with the rise

when will merkins get this into thier heads ???????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join