It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divorced woman blows up wedding dress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Only in texas....

"Big bang: You could feel this Texan’s divorce being finalized from ’15 miles away,’ video shows"

"Kimberly Santleben-Stiteler held her breath for just a second as she squeezed the trigger of the scoped rifle."

"When the glow of that great big orange explosion lit up her face Saturday night, she says waves of relief — or maybe it was adrenaline — flowed throughout the rest of her body."

That's some funny stuff right there....

www.star-telegram.com...

After reading the article and watching the video I think the ex husband is lucky he wasnt wearing the dress....
edit on 13-11-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ohh my. That is definitely one way finalize a divorce!
I like that dude that yells “boom” with a beer in hand! Reminds me of home lol

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

America is a beacon of good.

I love the part where she says she could have made some donations to prematurely born babies... But opted to blow her things up instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I love the part where she says she could have made some donations to prematurely born babies... But opted to blow her things up instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Christ, what kinda round was that? I want some!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Christ, what kinda round was that? I want some!

The rifle round didn't cause the explosion, it triggered it.
There must've been some explosives set up over there.

edit for quote from link:

The dress was rigged with $200 worth — or 20 pounds — of Tannerite, which is the explosive component of those explosive targets used for longer range firearms training

edit on 13-11-2018 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lol...i got that. Was just trying to make a joke. It obviously failed. Lol

a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Judging people you have never met after reading a snippet from an article.

America indeed...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wow. What I want to know is what the hell happened in that marriage?! Obviously there is a juicy story there.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You have to say its a great symbolic way to end a marriage if you're spouse was abusive or just extremely hard to live with.
Now you have to wonder what the divorced man's symbolic gesture would be since he doesn't have a wedding dress to blow-up, lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Kimberly’s divorce party, at their father’s farm in the small town of Lacoste, about 25 miles west of San Antonio. She had about 40 guests, who all cheered when the dress was no more

Jesus, is that a thing now? Divorce parties and blowing up tokens of what should be a happy loving day?

I mean... I don't know what the terms of the divorce were... but I can't imagine any woman going through these kinds of motions after a divorce was any kinda woman you'd wanna be married to.

Tendencies people... tendencies.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Probably burning the child support and alimony paperwork...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I could think of a lot of scenarios where this would be appropriate:

- a repeat cheater/liar

- a physical abuser

- someone who molested their child

At least she had the restraint to not blow up the ex!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That or shes a snooty bitch who was never pleased with the efforts of her husband.

I would like to hear his story.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

She's grinning from ear to ear in all the photos... and that's before her little outburst went viral... so who knows... ur probably right... all of those points are more likely than her just being a crazy vindictive b1tch.

None of those walking around...

Like I said... tendencies... any woman with tendencies to do something like this isn't someone you'd wanna be married to.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, we don’t really know the story. We do know she had the support of her family and friends, so they may know something that you and I don’t.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

She's grinning from ear to ear in all the photos... and that's before her little outburst went viral... so who knows... ur probably right... all of those points are more likely than her just being a crazy vindictive b1tch.

None of those walking around...

Like I said... tendencies... any woman with tendencies to do something like this isn't someone you'd wanna be married to.

In the article, she's quoting as saying her marriage was "based on a lie."

So clearly, there is more to the story than her being a "crazy vindictive bitch."

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Jesus, is that a thing now? Divorce parties?

oh snap...sit down, we have to talk...

Nowadays there's gender reveal parties, dadelor parties, pre-school graduations, Sweet Six parties, babymoons....

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 13 Nov 2018 14:23:41 -0600pm3023201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You forgot self marriage or Sologamy en.wikipedia.org... Crazy times were in.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That seems assholish, not for the cathartic reasons, but the waste of the dress. I'd have been seeking out a cancer patient or someone terminal and donating the dress to them rather than destroying it, that would be far more cathartic to help someone very ill or on their way out have a moment of happiness out of the object of your anger.

When my parents split, they did so amicably. Though my mother made an ass out of herself a few times in front of my dad's neighbors post-divorce. The one "cathartic" thing she did to vent was actually incredibly selfish & shortsighted, and I do despise her for it -- destroying all negatives of photos with my dad in them, and cutting him out of the physical photos. Asshole, he wasn't the only one in the images. Photos of me and my brothers and dad are cut in half. Now they're all mangled in the photo albums, and you're still a smug s#head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join