It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've dealt with a rent raise recently.

"Increase in maintenance costs" my kapingas! I use less water, power, and create less trash than ever before.

In reality my hometown is experiencing a boom. We're getting johnny-come-lately's from every direction. Yes, even some of them are ATS members.

People both legal and illegal are coming into my town and pay double what I do for rent and call it "cheap!"

Good times maaaaaaaaan.

I don't co-habitate, I don't roommate. No gender-neutral pac-person would ever marry me, so dual income is right out.

It's sad to think that in 10 years I probably won't even be able to afford living in my hometown, my place of birth.

So I've decided I need to stuff my sorrows in a sack and caravan myself down to Central America to seek a better life.

Who's with me?!

edit on 12-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They got lots of big bugs down there, I sure am not going to even think about moving to central oer south america.

The fish like to eat people too down there.
edit on 12-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We're all god's creatures.

edit on 12-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I've dealt with a rent raise recently.

"Increase in maintenance costs" my kapingas! I use less water, power, and create less trash than ever before.

In reality my hometown is experiencing a boom. We're getting johnny-come-lately's from every direction. Yes, even some of them are ATS members.

People both legal and illegal are coming into my town and pay double what I do for rent and call it "cheap!"

Good times maaaaaaaaan.

I don't co-habitate, I don't roommate. No gender-neutral pac-person would ever marry me, so dual income is right out.

It's sad to think that in 10 years I probably won't even be able to afford living in my hometown, my place of birth.

So I've decided I need to stuff my sorrows in a sack and caravan myself down to Central America to seek a better life.

Who's with me?!

нет, go somewhere else, beaches are nice food is cheap and rent and stuff, but then there are these beast from hell

Very smart and they know when you are asleep or awake and act on it, they go through your clothes and into your head and wait until you react then hit you and happily run away, also they nest on the places you can't reach or notice before they become a family of 40 or so and take over

Be prepared to burn the house down every summer

Not kidding by the way, it actually happens down there, i lived in Argentina for a bit, on Brazil and Peru and now on Mexico, it is really bad for things like the beasties from hell

It even makes the news! lmfao

edit on 13-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The last time I camped on a beach in Mexico, I was awakened by the sound of pebbles moving. I opened my eye and out of focus looked at what I thought was a crab crawling into my tent through the open slat. Ex-wife screamed shortly afterward and later after pulling my tent up, I found about 4-5 scorpions that seemed to be the size of a clenched fist underneath. Apparently, someone left a snack in the tent, ants found it and the scorpions found the ants.

That half awaken slumber instantly awakened by crab sized scorpions was still scarier than the next day of drug dealing federalises holding me at gunpoint on my way home.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
The last time I camped on a beach in Mexico, I was awakened by the sound of pebbles moving. I opened my eye and out of focus looked at what I thought was a crab crawling into my tent through the open slat. Ex-wife screamed shortly afterward and later after pulling my tent up, I found about 4-5 scorpions that seemed to be the size of a clenched fist underneath. Apparently, someone left a snack in the tent, ants found it and the scorpions found the ants.

That half awaken slumber instantly awakened by crab sized scorpions was still scarier than the next day of drug dealing federalises holding me at gunpoint on my way home.

LMFAO, i was stung by one of the beasts from hell when i was 7, also in Mexico while on the beach, hell is all i can describe it feels like

Thankfully it was a small one, had it been one of those that grow very fat and old i don't think i had made it

Why did the Federales get you? I'm mostly left alone by them and even the army, they just notice me and let me go with no issue at all
edit on 13-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Rental prices as well as real estate prices for homes shot up here about 10 years ago. Rents doubled and house prices tripled.
It is a bankers and realtors heaven. Banks are making an insane amount of money off these new hefty mortgages, and realtors are making a killing selling land for development, and making huge percentage profit from sold homes.

It is a trap OP, and the only ones winning are those who have the income to get out. Some invest and flip properties, others just invest in rental properties.

I’m old , so it doesn’t bother me so much. But I do worry about the younger generations.😕

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: rickymouse

We're all god's creatures.

Come to think of it you do act like a piranha sometimes. You said "We're all god's creatures" with a selfie included.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Awww yes I have a bite from time to time. But it's only to toughen people up, not to hurt them.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Why did the Federales get you?
Two white people cruising in a brand new vehicle is all I can come up with. Previous to that I had many may trips down south with friends.

top topics

join