It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry after police shoot African-American security guard 'hero'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Anybody happen to see this part of the story...........

Wonder why the guard didn't cuff the guy before the cops got there?

"Just waiting on the police to get there. I guess when the police got there, they probably thought he was one of the bad guys, cause he had his gun on the guy and they shot him."

OP Source Article

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So the police get a report of an active shooter that has shot several people. Then they arrive on the scene and see someone with a gun and shoots them. Can't really say in today's world the police did wrong its unfortunate but to them all they know was someone was shooting people and they see a guy sitting on someone with a gun. If you ever have police show up and your armed you need to put down the weapon before they arrive or warn them by calling 911. Lets face it police dont issue warnings anymore they are trained if they see a gun to shoot.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I remember or have read historically the English have slaughtered people all around the globe.....

And Americans, or Spanish, or French etc haven't?

Relevance to this thread?

....Got a feeling that they still are to some degree

Probably...care to inform everyone of where?

If your society was perfect, but....

Which it isn't, as I stated in the OP....did you miss that bit?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Funny, I read THIS thread and had no idea it was a 'black' security guard.

Why is there a need to turn this into a race issue?

Oh yeah, MSM just has to push the divide tactics. Disgusting

It IS a race issue. It seems that only white people get to be "the good guy with the gun" so loved by the NRA. To ignore that is to ignore the reality of 2018 America.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is a google search of shootings in chicago. My guess is cops are trigger happy cuz they are scared....jmo of course.

www.google.com...

Thing is...why not push this all day....every day on the MSM? Why one story when there are literally hundreds?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I guess now you can understand the plight of lawful responsible gun owners right?

Obviously that was what I was referring to.
I gave up debating the rights and wrongs of The Second Amendment years ago.

Do you really need those extra 3-4 hours to get the task completed?

I do!

I'm a night time drinker.....rarely drink during the day nowadays.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
More Killer Kops

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To add....thre was an active shooter in tge bar....others were shot by a gunman inside tge bar. So the cops rolled up on an active shooter scene.

abc7chicago.com...

a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As with all stories about police shootings I say: Let's wait for more information to be released before assuming anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Active shooter in a bar. Cops are called. Guy with gun kneeling over some other guy. Cop shoots first. Seems fairly normal to me. Was the security guard in uniform or was he dressed like everyone else. I doubt the cop would have shot someone in uniform.

To make it a race issue we have to ask the question, would a white guy in the same situation get shot? If not, what dies that say about the black community? I know we always say the cops are quick to shoot black people. We have to ask why? Are the cops just racist or do statistics say blacks are more violent.

I am just asking. Not saying either one is correct. I would still say someone in a uniform would not have been shot.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Scifi2424
Yes, white people have been killed before in similar situations. But the headlines oddly do not highlight the skin color. They just give names and say this guy that guy. only when dark skin is present does the racist media dare to bring up race.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
JBurns did post this earlier..I will try to find it.
Police are improperly trained, they can shoot anyone and later claim they felt threatened..it's bullsh#t

Here it is, the thread title makes it easy to miss having a connection
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-11-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

As I said in the other thread on this very same topic, THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN CHICAGO.
South Suburban crime is not Chicago's to own. Thank you.

edit on 18Mon, 12 Nov 2018 18:14:36 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoMondayb201811America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I think the issue in many places is training/experience required/pay.

Chicago should be filling their ranks with the cream of the crop and attracting people with experience from other places and paying more.

If you get the bottom tier guys in a city nicknamed Chiraq, these are going to be the results.

It's sad it's come to this, it's sad so many people in charge let Chicago continue to slip downwards, but here we are.

Bolster your law enforcement officer, get only those with experience and good records, and earn the trust back of your city.

Chicago probably has the reputation LA did in the 80's for citizens trust of their police officers.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Unfortunately in a lot of police officers eyes, blacks are considered dangerous.
We have about 20 black people in my small town city of 100k people.
But an abundant Native Indian population.
Here the natives are considered dangerous and face a lot of discrimination and abuse by the police force.

Now I’m not jumping to the conclusion that this cop seen black and got scared.
I’m just putting it out there as a possibility that ran through his mind.
More of a speculative comment really

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I’m sorry, but I’ll disagree with the posters saying “guys there with gun, cops shoot, seems normal”. Sorry, but no. Just no. It’s wrong at any time to pull a trigger with no understanding of what’s going on. You just pull out a gun and start shooting? That’s a large part of the problem with police nowadays is that any situation can be seen as an opportunity for shooting folk. Kid with toy gun? Shoot! Woman with knife? Shoot! Octogenarian in their house with a gun because cops bust in with no knock warrant? Shoot! None of these are reasons for instant violent action with no questions asked. Then we have civil forfeiture, no knock warrants, and arrests without due process, and a justice system where rape is expected and laughed about.... it’s a police state reality now, and everyone seems ok with it. Fools.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 12-11-2018 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is caused when the police decided to start emulating the military. the military's number one job is to kill people. everything they do is to prepare for combat. When police forces started emulating the military we shouldn't be surprised when people start getting shot. Used to be several small towns the sheriff wouldnt even carry a weapon now cops see everything as possible combat.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think you can call it wrong, shoot 1st ask questions later is a dumb policy, an innocent man doing his job is dead..it can't get more wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hey now … some of us don't get off work until midnight.

We need the bars open for at least a bit, to get started hah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join