It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well south park looks like they finally gave in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Apparently the guys at south park after so much pressure from climate crowd have given in and decided to al bore was right. Latest episode had town ravaged by a man bear pig for years al Gore on south park had been ridiculed for spouting warnings of this so called man bear pig but every one thought he was full of bull fodder. So after they approach him to see what can be done he spent most of episode making kids apologize. Look I know the US was hit with 2 severe hurricanes this year on East coast I spent most of September in a flooded out town because of it but that does not mean global warming was right yes my town was flooded because of man but not because of global warming but because some morons in legislative branch decided to make us 17 a 4 lane highway the whole length so that when local river started rising instead of flooding over farmland it was partially damped and bottleknecked by new bypass which caused two towns on that river to see total flooding like they have never seen but which was quickly attributed by media as being caused by global warming.. guys at south park should not have given in to pressure . Look on East coast we get hurricanes that's a fact of life just like in Wisconsin and Minnesota you see snow.global warming is junk science if al Gore had been right all those years ago in 2 years time my town would be under ocean well guess what Mr Gore ocean still 30 miles away.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Wouldn't they have to say man bear pig was a human creation?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I found the episode funny, the whole thing is a satire i am sure both side of the climate debate can find it humerus.

edit on 11-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is why I love Southpark. They have been systematically telling everyone that they're wrong about everything, because that's the one thing we all have in common, we're all always wrong about everything.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The overwhelming consensus of the science community was thoroughly debunked last year by an ATS member who remarked how temperate the weather was outside his window.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well when ya consider how many dentists say fluoride is good for you and how many doctors insist that vaccines are safe.....

I'm not to keen on consensus

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Each to their own.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Well when ya consider how many dentists say fluoride is good for you and how many doctors insist that vaccines are safe.....

Dentists are in the business of fixing teeth.... why would they recommend anything that would undercut their livelihood... same goes for doctors... the money isn’t in the cures it’s in the bandaids...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah but 100% of complete idiots agree that 97% of scientists agree that there's money to be made in continuing this charade.

#resist

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You know what's a lot less safe than vaccines?

Polio, measles, and other eradicated diseases.

Except, the only thing I've seen with the anti Vax trend is old diseases resurfacing.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Agreed. And not comparable. There's a lot more money is climate change denial than in reality.
Reality sucks sometimes. And greed, corporate tyranny and laziness shouldn't always win.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

For the record I am not saying the climate is not changing because it is and has been from day one of earth I am saying that man made global warming from greenhouse gas emissions from cars is not the main reason the main reason the climate gets colder or hotter is this big ball of hydrogen and helium we call sol. I am saying we are not going to turn into venus like climate unless we get a huge comet made out of dry ice smacks into us there just is not enough carbon dioxide on the planet for that to happen sorry. And like I said previously if Gore was right the polar ice caps would have been melting so much that by now the ocean would only be a few miles away from my house instead of like 30 which is the same distance away it was 48 years ago when I was born. The climate posse has for the last two months tried to blame hurricanes Michele and Florence on their malarkey but it just isn't so in North Carolina we have had storms like Florence before hurricane hazel comes to mind off top of my head .I did like how their version of Gore said he invented this thing called the intranet to investigate man bear pig tho I still remember Gore acting like he created internet.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The whole episode of Southpark in question was like always ripping on everyone at the same time, and rightfully so.

Of course people exaggerate the topic, just as equal as people downplay it.

The global climate is changing, the question is how much, and what's the cause.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle like most truths.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I typically loathe those who attempt to make points by using quotes from smart, dead people -- but this quote from Bertrand Russell so aptly nails down how I feel about the climate change debate...on both ends.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

There is a lot about climate change I admittedly don't understand. But there is a lot about science that I do understand that leads me to question some of the practices and proposed applications of climate scientists. The fact that I am harshly told from the outset that I am not allowed to question it just makes me question it even more.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
This is why I love Southpark. They have been systematically telling everyone that they're wrong about everything, because that's the one thing we all have in common, we're all always wrong about everything.

So you're wrong about that too?

Well if you're wrong than maybe occasionally someone is right about something?

Someone like you?
Someone like me?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Because some people are good people.
Example:
I'm a mechanic, guy comes in, his air filters are very dirty.
I tell him, hey, you really need to replace these filters, guy asks why, I tell him, because I don't want you to have to spend 500$ on a new mass air flow sensor because your air filters got so bad they let dirt through.

I take pride in my work, honesty and integrity bring customers back, not just trying to make as much money as you can...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

LMAO!!! Wow.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Was manbearpig the one with Patrick Duffy for a leg, or was that scuzzlebutt??

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It should be remembered that the universe is a vast, dark, empty, airless void of unimaginable cold that doesn't owe us a nice home, nor does it guarantee the health of that thin film of goo keeping us all alive.

I guess it might be inconvenient or expensive to really act to prevent and mitigate climate change, but the alternatives are what? Biz as usual?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All I took away from that episode is that Red Dead Redemtion 2 is an awesome game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join