It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes

Have the bible ever been proven right ?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Um. . . so identity politics in religion now?

What ever happened to the message of Jesus?

I thought that was the key thing. His message.

Because, believe that he existed or not, he did have a powerful message. So strong that it's being taught and practiced today, after 2,000 years.

Is the melanin content of his skin so important that it alters the message?

If so, then maybe that might be racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Depends on what you call proof and what you choose to believe constitutes such.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Actually, certain scholars have posited that Jesus had crystal clear skin ... and organs. He could only be seen when clothed or had just eaten, according to some obscure passages found with the Red Sea Scrolls.

Reference Llamasians 2:4 "Yea , he that squeegee the earth from me and renders me unseen so I may creepeth unclothed amongst my fair flock shall reap the kingdom..."

and Greg 18:12 "I say unto you, "Boo!" Looketh for me and thou shall see me not, unless I have eateth of the course bread and drinketh of the red wine, and then shall thou seeith me as a sodden tube of mush hovering in your midst."

There are other passages, but it's getting late and Foogle would find them if interested.

LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
All great men in the past were black men. It's a fact. Actually white people are just a large tribe of albino black men and they are albino because they are cursed. Cursed by Jesus, who was a black man. I read it on the internet. So its true.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Jesus would have looked like the people He was born among when He walked in a physical body.

That region was not populated by Sub-Saharan Africans at the time. Instead it was populated by Middle Eastern peoples, so if you want a rough idea what He might have looked like, go look up what the people who live in the region today look like.

When Jesus appears in supernatural form, even His glorified body, He can look more or less however He wants.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Its what the Holy Roman Church of St Peter did with the message that's problematic really.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DBCowboy

Its what the Holy Roman Church of St Peter did with the message that's problematic really.

Okay.

Unless the original message from Jesus was "Kill Whitey", I still don't see what his skin color has to do with anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Okay.

Unless the original message from Jesus was "Kill Whitey", I still don't see what his skin color has to do with anything.

I think you're getting the J-Man confused with Buddha.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Is Santa black too?
Happy Kwanzaa Baby!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Is Santa black too?

Uh, yeah, dur:

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

A Black Jew™ so I'm thinking Sammy Davis Jr.?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Okay.

I think you're getting the J-Man confused with Buddha.

I think we can distill the message down to 4 words.

"Don't be a dick."

Which basically screws over 99.999% of humanity.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Absolutely, however just because history is told by the winner which causes historical inaccuracies doesnt mean the inverse or opposite must be true.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

How many men have "eyes as a flame of fire"?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I think we can distill the message down to 4 words.

"Don't be a dick."

Which basically screws over 99.999% of humanity.

Yup, one of the few times I'm not part of the .001%

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

How many men have "eyes as a flame of fire"?

Like bloodshot?

How about only on days with vowels in the word.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicEyes
[Revelation, Chapter 1, Verse 14]
"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

How many white men have hair like Wool?

And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown, and if burned in a furnace, it would be a darker brown.

Yet when you walk into any church in America or England (My Country), you see images of a WHITE Jesus.

Every biblical figure in church imagery, movies, paintings, is always portrayed as white, even though the region where Christ came from was a region where the people had colour. There were no white people in Egypt, Babylon or Palestine (Modern day occupation by Israel). In those regions, the people were of colour.

One of the great tragedies has been, that over the last 400 years Europeans and white Americans have created an ideology of white supremacy and they have in the process taken the sacred images and made them white and have re-cast black into a negative image.

History has been whitewashed, as the image of Jesus was hijacked by the white establishment over the generations, and it comes with the insidious notion that white people are to be obeyed, respected and looked up to.

Its important from a historical perspective that we all set the record straight so that the black family can reclaim much of their true history which has been neglected, ignored or destroyed.

The average child needs to be instructed on this matter, not just young black children but the average white kid in Europe or America is as misinformed and miseducated as the average black person as to the historical accuracy of Christ.

There are over 100 references to Egypt in the Bible, over 50 references to Biblical Ethiopia (Present day Sudan) both OT and NT. Bible scholars, most of whom were white, have translated and interpreted, in a way that would be distinctly favourable to Europe, and a way that would be distinctly UN-favorable to Blacks and people of colour.

The fact is Jesus has been portrayed for 2,000 years as a Caucasian European when in fact he was a man of colour, along with many more key figures in the biblical history.

It's not enough to say, we are all God's children, if you continue to present Jesus as a white man to children of colour all over the world, they grow up somehow believing, way down inside, the ridiculous notion that white is better.

And it's a tragedy that Europe, America and the higher education system continuously uses the politics of race to present distorted information which has worked against black people and for white people.

This needs to be corrected and updated for the betterment of ALL mankind.

I know you wrote this with the idea that you are trying to fair. What you are really doing is bringing race into the issue, which is classically, racist. If you ever really understood the teachings of Jesus you would see that bringing divisiveness to his message is the last thing he would want.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Jesus would have looked like the people He was born among when He walked in a physical body.

That region was not populated by Sub-Saharan Africans at the time. Instead it was populated by Middle Eastern peoples, so if you want a rough idea what He might have looked like, go look up what the people who live in the region today look like.

When Jesus appears in supernatural form, even His glorified body, He can look more or less however He wants.

Genetically speaking Iraq jews are the same as 1st century jews. So if you want to know what jesus skin color was look at them. By the way i wouldn't exactly call it the same as middle eastern they tended to be lighter skinned very dark hair.

Here are mummy portraits from 1st century jews. We know exactly what color they were they were kind enough to leave us portraits on their graves.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/9/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That region was not populated by Sub-Saharan Africans at the time. Instead it was populated by Middle Eastern peoples, so if you want a rough idea what He might have looked like, go look up what the people who live in the region today look.

Exactly, obviously Jesus looked just like any other of his disciples. He did not really stand out if in order to arrest him they needed someone to point out who he was. So, what did the other apostles look like?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join