It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes

Actually BURNISHED - Polished brass is a coppery gold colour NOT BROWN or rather very light brown.
i.pinimg.com...
Reflecting the light of a furnace as if in a furnace so Glowing golden and copper.

But to answer your point there is the account of the Ethiopian Eunuch and in the old testament the song of Solomon includes "Dark Yet Comely".
It is widely regarded that the ancestors of at least some of the Kurdish population were actually the Philistine's and among the Kurd's blond hair, blue and green eye's are not uncommon and the Jew's and Philistines' despite there constant strife lived next to one another and intermarried for a very long time.

The Jewish people spent four hundred years mixing with other Semite's and also sub Saharan African's and other races as slaves in Egypt so they can be seen as a prototype for future mixed race humanity in that respect and an international people's even from the time of there return to the promised land after exodus.

My own opinion is that God can be black or white if he want's or Chinese if he so chooses and just as he said he will come unto each as one of there own.

To me black Jesus is just as Valid as White Jesus as Semitic Jesus as Chinese Jesus, he is God of us all and we are all his children AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
And in the resurrection we get new body's not like these earthly one's remember that is our real race not this.

But to answer without opinion it is believed that the Jewish people's of the time were fair skinned, NOT WHITE like northern European's but much like other Mediterranean, north African, southern European and near eastern population's.

The people most like the first century Jewish population are actually the Iraqi Jew's according to studies on first century Jewish skeletal remain's.
en.wikipedia.org...

Now finally what does it matter what color Jesus chose to manifest as, he is Jesus right so we are all his color if we are christian's regardless of the color of our mortal body's which are essentially dust anyway, in him we find our life not in whatever earthy race we may have been born into.

So I want to be Jesus colored regardless of my earthly appearance.

Sorry got to correct you on something, you say there were NO white egyptian's.
Babylonian's were like the Iraqi's and as I have pointed out the Philistine's whom may have been related to the Carthaginian's and other pheonician people's and may be the ancestors of at least some of the Kurd's may have been a fair skinned and light eyed population.
In the Book of Enoch Noah is described as looking like the son's of God.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Also in North africa there most certainly are native caucasian people that are NOT recently related to the European's, now an argument can be drawn that since millions of Europeans were taken captive by north and west African slavers as well as Muslim's from the east that they may have European ancestry that way but that is not what the Genetics' showed - they are African's.
They have there own ancient alphabet, ancient architecture and ancient tradition's.

So the oldest human remains found in Egypt were Ginger haired?.
Ginger hair gene's usually accompany green eye's.

edit on 9-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

If you mean someone should go out and replace all images of jesus with something else ? I guess.

If you mean all images of Jesus from now on should be corrected ? I dunno

If you follow the bible. Be there no graven images before Me

I paraphrase.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

yiiiiikes 
i can't believe even ATS, cesspit that it is, would have this many utter jerks trying to argue this...

Yikes indeed!!! I don't think you know what you think you know...

So following your logic, the people of North America 2,000 years ago look just like today's population?

You might want to actually do some research about migrations and trade routes and conquests and other historical facts and re-think this.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Jesus was neither black nor white. If one had to go with a skin tone it would be that of the region which is Middle Eastern.

The verse you quoted doesn't indicate that Jesus was black at all. It's reference to wool was color, not texture. Also, you're ignoring all the surrounding text. Eyes as flame, voice as many waters, double edged sword from mouth, golden girdle... Context, context, context. One cannot pick and choose to make it say what they want it to say.

The most important thing though... does it matter what skin color Jesus had? He was God in the flesh, son of man, the savior Jesus Christ. He was perfect and blameless, and he willingly gave himself to the cross to pay for our transgressions.

White, black, or middle eastern. Who cares? He brought salvation, and that's all that matters.
edit on 9-11-2018 by filthyphilanthropist because: Typos

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Actually images of Jesus date right back to the first century and the earliest ones do show a darker skinned image than the European images of later time's, this is mostly down to people painting only what they know.
One of these is a probably early third century graffiti from Rome mocking early Christians with a figure of a sheep headed man crucified.
www.challies.com...
churchpop.com...
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Personally I believe the Turin shroud is real and it therefore is the earliest image of Christ and not made by human hand's so exempt from the old testament law.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Really excellent research! Thank you!!!

I have read about all this, but it would have taken me forever to put this altogether.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
www.census.gov...

According to the US census bureau Jesus would be considered a white man.

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Sounds like its you CosmicEyes who is trying to rewrite "history" by using a description of a lam (the anamal) to mischaracterize Jesus as being black.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

Jesus was not from sub-Saharan africa where black racial groups originate from in Africa.

But if it's any consolation, as an atheist, I'd more assume Jesus never really existed at all. So at that point what difference does it make what color he wasn't.
edit on 9-11-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The message is what is important to Christians...not his skin pigment.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

i dunno, the people of North America probably would look roughly the same now as 2000 years ago, give or take, if they hadn't been invaded and genocided by the same people trying to use Jesus to sell credit cards.
Can't think what sort of point you were trying to make there but damn did it ever not land

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The message is what is important to Christians...not his skin pigment.

Very well said.

And I would go so far as to say since Jesus is alive and also in the Sacrament therefore in all Christians whom have faith he is also all colour's.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: Boadicea

i dunno, the people of North America probably would look roughly the same now as 2000 years ago, give or take, if they hadn't been invaded...

Exactly. Now apply that to the Levant. There were invasions and conquests from other lands and cultures, and subsequent unions and marriages and children of mixed heritage. At the time of Jesus, Palestine was under Roman rule. There were trade routes that brought many peoples to the region and carried others away, again resulting in children of mixed heritage all over.

Can't think what sort of point you were trying to make there but damn did it ever not land.

You're almost there...

Check out LabTech's post at the top of page 2. It's all quite interesting, tho we're still learning.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It has been a while since someone tried to "resurrect" this old lame theory and been put down horribly (but righteously so)
Join the group....

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

you are debating the colour of skin of a person who may or may not have actually been real ?

Also find me a person without mixed DNA on earth , its impossible we are all mongrels to varying degrees!

we are all humans

Jesus may very well have had a higher proportion of African / sub Saharan African DNA in his makeup we will never know , maybe his phenotypical expression was more Caucasian ?

Although I havent ever really bothered that much about the depiction of mythical characters in human history
I wouldnt care if hercules was a chinese man !

edit on 9-11-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Actually, certain scholars have posited that Jesus had crystal clear skin ... and organs. He could only be seen when clothed or had just eaten, according to some obscure passages found with the Red Sea Scrolls.

Reference Llamasians 2:4 "Yea , he that squeegee the earth from me and renders me unseen so I may creepeth unclothed amongst my fair flock shall reap the kingdom..."

and Greg 18:12 "I say unto you, "Boo!" Looketh for me and thou shall see me not, unless I have eateth of the course bread and drinketh of the red wine, and then shall thou seeith me as a sodden tube of mush hovering in your midst."

There are other passages, but it's getting late and Foogle would find them if interested.

The book Baddogma! I like it

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Jesus was from the middle east.

His parents were also from the middle east.

He was a middle eastern man.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

"JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN"

Well he certainly was not a white, that's a given.

Truth is he can be any colour you wish, just like with most fictitious people really.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
what did his 23 and me test say?

Personally i believe he was 1/2069th American Indian.

a lot of ancient cultures had gods different shape then they were, which i find interesting

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Was he not from Heaven originally?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Its should have because if you know anything about history that has been what mankind has done since its inception, that literally is the point, or do you believe it is only the case in the last couple hundred years so Europeans/Americans can be the bag man for all that is bad. I find it odd also that those who enjoy the comforts of a "civilized" society would find a way to rail against Christianity for pushing the concept to the forefront, its also odd that soo many modern liberals rail against a unilateral idealogue while working towards a global totalitarian government forcing a unilateral idealogy. Ehh people, ay?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

History through remained the domain of the victors and seldom the vanquished, at least prior to the information age in which we now live.

But the truth is even now history, or how its recorded, is somewhat pliable to a certain extent.

History is what we say it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join