It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more fricken political adds!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am so damn tired of political adds!

Every time I play a video on you tube i get a fricken commercial on the indiana Senate race.
All they say is how bad the other guy is..
I have news for both of you,,, ya both suck!

I turn on the radio....
Same crap....
My opponent is a bad man m'kay....

Read the paper...
Whole damn page of letters to the editor hyping their particular flavor of the month loser.

My mailbox has,, guess what?
Jumk mail genaric political ads..

One thing I have noticed though and I find it rather odd. Neither of the Senate candidates ads contain the words Republican or Democrat.
That used to be right in the forefront of the ad.
But not now, no mention of political party.
Had it been one side or the other I would understand it's an attempt to distance themselves from a party but both are doing this...hmmm

Anywho..
Anybody that hasn't already decided who they are voting for is a damn idiot so just stop with the ads...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Soon enough they will all go away and be replaced by those lovely Christmas commercials

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree. As Candidate Sheldon Fleckstain said last week, we need to eliminate all political ads.

So vote for Sheldon Fleckstain.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Come on blutone . You know it’s those damn idiots thy are after in the first placea reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

At least Christmas ads dont tell us how bad Thanksgiving and new years are.....

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Come on blutone . You know it’s those damn idiots thy are after in the first placea reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah, I suppose...
I shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of the average voter..

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree. As Candidate Sheldon Fleckstain said last week, we need to eliminate all political ads.

So vote for Sheldon Fleckstain.

This was DBCowboy, and he approved this message.

Paid for by the Above Network and is not endorsed or represented by any candidate.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So glad I am an expat! Better beer AND no American news on telly.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I seem to have trained my brain to tune out all ads.

My wife frequently mentions something about one she assumes I've watched with her because we are in the same room, but I have no clue what she's talking about.

It's become an automatic response. An ad appears and my brain switches to an entirely different focus of attention.

Same with online ads. Unless they surprise me with noise, I rarely notice them.

I guess I'm lucky. I have my own internal ad blocker. LoL.
edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

My wife frequently mentions something about one she assumes I've watched with her because we are in the same room, but I have no clue what she's talking about.

My brain blocks out more than just campaign adds while in the room of my significant other....

Probably explains why I don't have one.

It's like my brain has programmed responses to small talk.... It's not my fault, God made me this way.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Negative ads used by all political sides demonstrate the toxicity of our current politicians. They all suck so I stopped voting and don't talk politics to anybody, which isn't easy these days. A good conspiracy is much more fun---but not the current political conspiracies, they lost their luster a while back.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I have a love hate relationship with campaign ads. I have probably worked on a 100 this season of midterms for the local GOP and love the $$$$ but can't stand to watch them...even the one's I worked on.

In the studio now editing one for social media platforms.

Political campaign ads and the hype surrounding an election is an industry all unto itself. Capitalism. For every ad you see, there were at least 10 people employed to write, produce and shoot and edit that sh!t. More when you consider the catering, hair and make up etc....
edit on 2-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yeah but can you go THIS low?

In the 1800 election, after all, a newspaper opposing Thomas Jefferson warned that "murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will all be openly taught and practiced" if he were elected.

a reply to: olaru12

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I know a lady that owns a sign shop.

She loves election time...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What political ads?
I never see any ads on YouTube.
I don't watch TV.
I don't listen to radio.
I don't read the newspaper.
The ads I get in the mailbox go right into the garbage can.
It's a manageable issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah, blind people dont usually complain about the lights.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I am so damn tired of political adds!

Every time I play a video on you tube i get a fricken commercial on the indiana Senate race.
All they say is how bad the other guy is..
I have news for both of you,,, ya both suck!

I turn on the radio....
Same crap....
My opponent is a bad man m'kay....

Read the paper...
Whole damn page of letters to the editor hyping their particular flavor of the month loser.

My mailbox has,, guess what?
Jumk mail genaric political ads..

One thing I have noticed though and I find it rather odd. Neither of the Senate candidates ads contain the words Republican or Democrat.
That used to be right in the forefront of the ad.
But not now, no mention of political party.
Had it been one side or the other I would understand it's an attempt to distance themselves from a party but both are doing this...hmmm

Anywho..
Anybody that hasn't already decided who they are voting for is a damn idiot so just stop with the ads...

Look at the bright side...after next week...then the Presidential ads will start...all the way until....

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Shoot me now

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I feel your pain.

I have muted channels, reinforced my Ad blockers and avoided all media over the last few months. All the ads are hyperbolic, out of context and mean-spirited. They offer little to no truth and just tear down the opponent.

I can’t wait to vote on Tuesday.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

yep they are driving me nuts as well we even are getting blatantly false political adds here in montana saying rosendale is FOR using drones to spy on random montanans despite in one of his campain videos he shoots one out of the sky withe a long gun.

turn on pandora all political,same for youtube like you said,allllllllllllll over the raido every single one is political or pharmaceutical in nature, turn on the tv nothing but non stop attack adds its why November 6th can come quick enough here

www.dropbox.com... edit to add links this is why the libertarian canidate endosrsed the republican candidate in my state the other day , www.usatoday.com... older link of rosendale shooting a drone out of the sky
edit on 2-11-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join