It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragons in romania?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've just seen this on tv. It was a documentary from Animal Planet.
They found 2 dragons in ice on some mountain in Romania. I can't find anything on google about it.
Fascinating stuff; someone has more info on this?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If true, that would be awesome! I hope there is enough DNA left to clone them and possibly bring them back to our day and age.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No legitimate info whatsoever? A link?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
If true, that would be awesome! I hope there is enough DNA left to clone them and possibly bring them back to our day and age.

everything was preserved in ice, I can't believe it goes unnoticed, how come noone talks about it, and the best part is that it dates to 1500AD meaning it was 500 years ago that those dragons were slayed by romanian 'knights'.. I'll do more google on it, there must be something, will try animal planet if they have web

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't just an ad for this

animal.discovery.com...

Animal Planet brings a fantasy to life, March 20, at 8 p.m. ET. Meet the granddaddy of mythical beasts.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by netobrev]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
link1

discovery

I'm gettin suspicious...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sheesh... It's just a fantasy show.

Did they find Ron Weasly's brother in that Romanian glacier too?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Interesting, but if there were dragons only 500 years ago then wouldnt we have a better record of them? Wouldnt there have been more skeletons of them found?

Some think the NJ Devil si a dragon. Maybe theyre not extinct

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I visited Romania in the late 80's and can categorically state that I saw absolutely no evidence of dragons. Vlad the Impaler was a member of the 'Order of the Dragon' (Hence his name 'Dracula') but thats about it.

Neither did I see any vampires while I was there

I did see quite a few drunken Romanians though, but I doubt that helps

ID

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

BattleofBatoche, I would like to refer you to the 1993 classic film, directed by Steven Spielberg, entitled Jurassic Park. Suffice it to say be careful what you hope for.

Interesting, but if there were dragons only 500 years ago then wouldnt we have a better record of them? Wouldnt there have been more skeletons of them found?

Some think the NJ Devil si a dragon. Maybe theyre not extinct

Good point Croat56, also, basic rules of natural selection state that the predator most capable of surviving and multiplying through time becomes the dominant species for that area. If dragons had existed 500 years ago this would negating the common argument that they may have become extinct with the dinosaurs. As a result, there is no reason why they would not have become the dominant species on Earth.

As for theories that the Jersey Devil may be a surviving dragon, the Jersey Devil is usually described as between four and five feet in height, with a horse head, hooves, wings, and antlers. With the exception of the wings I do not believe that this would match up with descriptions commonly associated with dragon myths.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I know I'm evil but I would love to see Dragons swooping down from the sky and snatching cattle, horses, & liberal democrats.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I know I'm evil but I would love to see Dragons swooping down from the sky and snatching cattle, horses, & liberal democrats.

*snip*

Political comment. 2 years old.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
No legitimate info whatsoever? A link?

lol, because the web IS the final word on legitimacy!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hey, why bring innocent cows and horses into this?
I only want to see the Dems devoured.

Anyway sounds way too Harry Potterish to be real...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

What makes you think they wont come after you?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Uhhh No. There are no dragons in romania. I live in bucharest and my inlaws live in the mountains. there are no dragons in romania. If any had been discovered it would be huge news, here or anywhere else. It would be breking news on every news channel in the world and a source of immense pride to romanians.
It didn't happen and it aint gonna.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I long for the good old days like back when the christians where fed to the lions of Rome

Christians and right wing Republicansand Neocons....would be a better diet for our Dragon Brothers....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
uhhh battleofthebathcoe have you ever see regin of fire?? newer movie. if we do clone dragons somehow it would be like that. (probley)

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Dragons are delightful little legends, aren't they?

It shows you there's something to dragons when every single world culture has them. Probably something more of a dinosaur or leviathan memory, though.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can tell right off that this story is a fake! Dragons breathe fire so therefore it'd be impossible to have them found frozen in ice!!

We all know that the last living Dragon after "Puff" was Sean Connery. Sadly, he died at the end of DragonHeart. I never thought the demise of a dragon would bring me to tears until that day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join