It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragons in romania?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
maybe they are terradactiles (sp) there is evidence they existed and may still exist

[edit on 26-2-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Fie upon those who would nay say DRAGONS! For, yea, verily, I say unto thee, "Thou hast not yet met my ex-mother-in-law"!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi there - just watched a program called The last dragon - which was exactly about the 2 dragons found in Romania in 2000. Apparently they were killed around the 15th century.

They were found in a ice cave which upto now had been sealed off by snow - some one found the cave with lots of dead bodies inside and called in police.

Police realised that the bodies obviously suited up in armour and carrying sword axes etc. That this was not a rescent murder and called in historians and scientists from london. The sceintist who went had in the past argued the case that dragons existed as he found a T-Rex skull with Scorch marks. He was under strict orders though as there were great fears that this could be a hoax.

Exstensive testing was done on them and it was proved that they could fly and breathe fire.

As they had 2 sets of lungs which split into seperate chambers which stored different type of gasses then by them also storing platinum by eating rocks - the platinum acts as the ignition to generate fire. For the flying they work like a balloon as there wing span is not adequate for their size.

They appaerently survived what they call ET day - when metorite hit planet and wiped out dinosaurs etc. As there were underwater and land dragons. The land dragons got wiped out the same as dinosaurs but the sea dragons survived same as crocodiles. Then l8er on some sea dragons returned to land.

It is recorded in staine glass in a church the story of the knights who went to kill the what they called the Devil of the mountain.

There was 1 Adult Dragon and 1 Junior dragon they found the junior one 1st this moved by the police authorities but after testing the team went to the cave themselves and discovered the adult dragon and nest. where they also found 1 broken egg and 1 unhatched in pefect condition.

They were both slaine by knights the junior it is said in romanian myth was killed by the 1st hunting party when the adult was not home the adult returned and killed the party. Then a 2nd party was sent more equiped than the 1st but the dragon had just finished its hibernation period therefore had a emtpy stomache and no gasses or platinum stored therefore could neither fly or breathe fire.

The dragons are now suposedly in London some where. Hopefully they will appear in the natural History museum SOON!

If any one knows of any links that i can get real pictures of these could they kindly pass them on.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.in4mer.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink"> Tonights schedule on C4

The Last Dragon is an intelligent fantasy rooted in the natural world and built on credible science; a unique drama that uses state-of-the-art CGI to bring the legend to life.

It would have been wicked if it was for real though...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I long for the good old days like back when the christians where fed to the lions of Rome

Christians and right wing Republicansand Neocons....would be a better diet for our Dragon Brothers....

Oh? and What's wrong with Christians?
I personally would like to see Republicans, George Bush, umm.....and other people that started a war for no reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i would think that the fact that there are "dragon" legends in so many separate societies, as a good indicater that there was something that had to have sparked these legends.

now there has been a "find". next we have the "it must be either a hoax or some coincidance". this is remarkably the same as can be said for both ghosts, and extra terrestrials. we do NOT know all there is to know on this planet. we have hunted many creatures to extintion whether because of fear or use. we can not know with any certanty if dragons did indeed exist. or even if they still might and are just wary of human civilization. i wonder if there is actual proof hidden within the vatican. the catholic chuch did a marvolus job of keeping hidden anything they did not like.

why did even a "possible" find not get front page coverage? because ity is felt to be an impossibility. we have the same thing in regaurds to "bigfoot". we have never seen one so where as in the past someone would be called a herritic for trying to prove something like a dragons existance. today we just say they are crazy and anything they say has no meaning as it can not be possible. if this "find" had just been the skelitons i have no doubt that we all would have heard of a new species of dinasaur. but when added in with "knights" who look like they may have attacked it, it becomes a secret. as we all know the dragons are just myth. anything that points to the contrary must be hushed up. after all if dragon's could exist than anything else of legend could be a possibility as well.

remember we are just the ignorant people who need to be kept in the dark and told what is right, for our own protection. anything that could open new ways of thought could throw the world in chaos. after all where we not always told that dragons were an impossibility? if we were wrong about that, what else have we been wrong about? this can open a door to many things best left alone, for our own protection.

i see a lot of theses shows that "offer a glimpse" at myths and superstition, as being purposly mocking them to just point out how pathetic thaose who want to believe realy are. to cement in our minds that while they might seem cool. that they are in fact too seriously flawed to be taken seriously. reverse phycoligy can be fun, pretend to take something seriously, but makeing sure there is enough increadibility to be impossible, or a hoax.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The show you are referring to called "Dragons" on Animal Planet, was also followed up with a making of the show which took 3 years total. In the behind the scenes interviews they discuss there decision to use a scenario of finding a dragon in the ice to make it more believable. It was also the best way for them to go through and explain body parts, fire breathing, etc.

It was not an actual dragon found in the ice.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's a shame that someone could watch a 2 hour show, remember enough of it to summarise it on here, YET still miss all the parts where they tell you that this discovery NEVER HAPPENED!

It was all special effects and computer generated stuff. It was a completely hypothetical situation about if we did someday stumble upon the frozen remains of a real dragon. As real as it may have looked, and even my stupid brother thought this really happened, it sadly is all ficticious.

That should not deter you from your extensive dragon research via Google! I'm sure the truth is out there! lol

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dragons all bad. No. There are good dragons.

The Komodo dragon I think among others.

Not sure about the dragon programmes though!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ummmm.....komodo dragon is a reptile.....

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order:Squamata
Family: Varanidae
Genus:Varanus
Species: V. komodoensis

the TV show was a neat little "what if" that showed how dragons may have lived etc.....made for the kiddies.....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I watched about 5 minutes of this show the night it aired. Realized it was crap and turned it off.

Neat or not, I personally think it was entirely irresponsible of Animal Planet to make this show. Reporting fiction as fact, even if you later reveal the truth of its fictitious nature is immature for a station that suposedly airs documentaries. As you can see from several of the above posts, not everyone got the point that the show was fiction. Think of people who only caught bits and pieces of this show. Think of kids who didn't understand that it was a farce. Hell, think of the full grown idiots who did watch the entire show and who are just to dense to get it.

It is a shameless ploy to play off of peoples desire for dragons to exist for the sole purpose of garnering ratings. I guess it just goes to show you, that like most media outlets, the sole purpose is ratings and journalistic integrity never even enters into the equation.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
People have told me that dragons are sentient, they can be benevolent, and even guardians. These folks have described what they can see, and though I cannot see them, I have seen other equally incredible things, so I cannot outright dismiss their experiences as not real. Truth is indeed far stranger than fiction. Ancient Egyptian bas reliefs show long necked, dinosaur looking things with leashes round their necks, like pets. I wonder what these things were? Also, what is the Thunderbird, which is so revered by the Native Americans? He sounds quite dragonish. In Chinese lore, dragons hold a very prominent position, as a symbol of one side of the yin/yang, and as the lone 'mythical' animal to represent a zodiac sign.
2012 is the Year of the Dragon, I will be 48, being a dragon myself. I hope I get to see a dragon someday, if they do exist. I don't think that those who claim to have seen them are all liars or delusional, therefore I believe in them. I also believe they are not 'of the devil', as some claim, but are helpers, much like spirit guides and guardian angels. And I do not blame those who find such things to be too fantastical to exist, I would say so too ..... If I felt I could still honestly say I did not believe that such things are really possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
animal.discovery.com...

it was fiction and sience explainations... nothing more...
I think the Dragons... were never found.:bnghd:

But the explaination is cool

here's a pic of the supposing corpse
jnenada.multiply.com...

[edit on 15-3-2008 by dragonlover]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTo

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by contraa

I however watched the entire program and loved it. Yes it was fiction, no I don't think that Discovery was irresponsible in putting on the program. At several times they said "what if..." They didn't say that Dragons were real. One thing about watching that program, I found myself cheering on the dragon. That's unusual for me.

Edited to add: The program has also served in the past as wonderful source material for a SF roleplaying game that a friend of mine runs.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It was taken from a fantasy show. I know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is the website for the frozen dragon. It has websites and the documentaries that was made about it. dragonsinn.net...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
I know I'm evil but I would love to see Dragons swooping down from the sky and snatching cattle, horses, & liberal democrats.

Oh wow, that would be great!!!

Yes Mrs.Hungarian Horntail here is your order with Nick Clegg on the side.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join