It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewilding Destroys Sports Fields

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Folks where I'm from drool and dream about that. They're expensive,

Perhaps with a little redneck engineering ,cost could be minimized.
For example, maybe score a few free trampolines off of Craigslist
and weld up the round metal trampoline frames for the cage.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Kester

Oh sweet marry mother of...

I actually said that half in jest, I need a drink.

Must've been the other half that he was addressing ...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Is it not possible to put a fence around sports fields? With all the government cutbacks sports fields aren’t being properly looked after anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Irishhaf

Lynx could be released into the Forest of Dean to help bring the boar population under control say conservationists who are poised to re-introduce the big cats 1,300 years after they were wiped out in this country.
www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...

I've seen one barely wild and depressed looking lynx in the Forest of Dean. We'll need dozens of them hopped up on steroids and whizz to control the pigs. What could possibly go wrong?

A lynx?!

Yeah ... right.

Not with those things.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

I can barely bring myself to post this. Here goes.

Official Forest rangers cannot shoot as many wild boar as hunters abroad because they are banned from killing the feral pigs in front of other animals.
. . . the law would not allow them to corral the animals into a closed area to be shot at close range.
www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...

We also have anti-cull sabbers who would damage any traps they found. I once called them an intelligence led operation who's function was to set different groups of the British public against each other for divide and rule purposes. I said the evidence was the way they behaved towards the badger cull protesters. The very next day they were falling all over themselves to prove how friendly they are with the badger cull protesters. I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

It has been done in some cases.

A GENEROUS donation from a member of the public has helped to erect a boar-proof fence around Coalway Recreation Ground.
www.theforestreview.co.uk...

This is the best practice guide for fencing. www.wild-boar.org.uk...

The simple fact is they'll get through anything unless it's built to ridiculously high standards. It just depends on how much they want to get through at that particular time. They won't waste their time if there's easy pickings somewhere else, but if it's worth it to them they'll bust through almost anything. Residents have to weigh up the cost against the actual effectiveness.

Some kind of automatic device that hits them in the nuts might work. It seems to have an effect on bears

<< 1   >>

join