It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewilding Destroys Sports Fields

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Rewilding is all about...

Wildlife returning, habitats expanding

People reconnecting with the wonder of nature

Communities flourishing with new opportunities
www.rewildingbritain.org.uk...

Feral pigs have appeared in many parts of the UK. Some are escapees and some have been deliberately released. Rewilders call these pigs 'Wild Boar'.

Wild boar

Suitability for reintroduction: Excellent. They are already living unofficially in parts of England and Scotland. They can cause damage to crops and gardens.
www.rewildingbritain.org.uk...

Sport is essential for community cohesion. I expect many parents and other parties are seriously concerned about the continued, frequent destruction of sports fields by feral pigs in the Forest of Dean area. This is the latest in the news.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Whatever name we choose to call them, Wild Boar, Feral Pigs, Hogs, the damage to sports fields has to be addressed. The effect on young people deprived of their sports fields will be measurable and, I fear, negative.

Can any supporters of rewilding comment on this issue?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

If sport fields is the main concern right now.....just you wait!
Those damn Hogs are mean as hell and grow in numbers at an alarming rate.
Be safe man.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

A feral pig is about as close to being a wild boar as a Volkswagen is to being a Pineapple!!

Those tree huggin' idiots ought to have to spend a couple nights in a fenced in pen with 4-5 real wild boars so they learn the difference!

edit on 10/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

If sport fields is the main concern right now.....just you wait!
Those damn Hogs are mean as hell and grow in numbers at an alarming rate.
Be safe man.

Yeah. If they are tearing up "sports fields" today, tomorrow it'll be the gardens of people's homes. And once they are in that close proximity, they most certainly are mean. And smart.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

A feral pig is about as close to being a wild boar as a Volkswagen is to being a Pineapple!!

Those tree huggin' idiots ought to have to spend a couple nights in a fenced in pen with 4-5 real wild boars so they learn the difference!

LOL they would die man! And not a quick death either.
Last year a buddy asked me if I wanted to hunt some down in Texas....I sharply declined as I have never hunted such an aggressive animal.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

LOL they would die man! And not a quick death either.
Last year a buddy asked me if I wanted to hunt some down in Texas....I sharply declined as I have never hunted such an aggressive animal.

But, DAMN they're tasty! Some of my favorite meat. And if you can trap a sow with her sucklings or shoats ... just FUGETABOUTIT! Nothing like one of those little suckers split open and roasted on a pit.

Hope I didn't offend any tree-huggers or vegans.

Oh, whom I kidding? I don't care!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We had a problem here but they changed the law so you could shoot on sight and next thing you know, bang and they are gone. No more problem.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

That does sounds really freaking good! I have a pit in my yard I can do that on but here in Nevada those are hard to come by. But MAN it sounds worth it.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

www.google.co.uk... h=626

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

OH dude those are child’s play. Your lucky man.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
only cure for this problem is mass hunting... though considering some twit thought this was a good idea I would guess they probably decide to bring in a predator to hunt the pigs rather than allow the hunting that needs to happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Lynx could be released into the Forest of Dean to help bring the boar population under control say conservationists who are poised to re-introduce the big cats 1,300 years after they were wiped out in this country.
www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...

I've seen one barely wild and depressed looking lynx in the Forest of Dean. We'll need dozens of them hopped up on steroids and whizz to control the pigs. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Lynx could be released into the Forest of Dean to help bring the boar population under control say conservationists who are poised to re-introduce the big cats 1,300 years after they were wiped out in this country.
www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...

I've seen one barely wild and depressed looking lynx in the Forest of Dean. We'll need dozens of them hopped up on steroids and whizz to control the pigs. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah, introducing one species (particularly non-native) to control another species always works out so well.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sport is essential for community cohesion. I expect many parents and other parties are seriously concerned about the continued, frequent destruction of sports fields by feral pigs in the Forest of Dean area.

Check out this feral hog trap.
It can be triggered via cell phone!
It will send a text or e-mail to the cell phone
when something enters the trap.
User can activate video to see whats in the trap,
then use cell phone from any location to drop the trap.

edit on 20-10-2018 by RavenSpeaks because: clarification

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

Check out this feral hog trap.
It can be triggered via cell phone!

Folks where I'm from drool and dream about that. They're expensive, but we could use a few dozen back there.

I think that the meat they'd supply would help offset the cost.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mass hunting, no bag limit, and year around. I believe Texas does this already...?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

should send some of my maori mates over theyd sort the buggers out

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Oh sweet marry mother of...

I actually said that half in jest, I need a drink.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Mass hunting, no bag limit, and year around. I believe Texas does this already...?

Ya they do. The issue is getting resolved very fast, but they are still everywhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

yea and you still wont eradicate the things, but you just might keep them from destroying everything that grows in the area.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join