It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl R. Wolfe air force wistleblower dead at age 74

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Since I was involved with mapping the NASA Apollo landing sites, I gave this vid 'Who is minding the Moon' a look since that and Mars imagery is one of my interest here at ATS and why I joined. At the 45 -52 minute mark his narrative of what he was seeing was absurd and I cannot give him serious consideration for his analysis of lunar images.

It was not even good pareidolia. That said, thanks for posting the vid; you never know unless you look with an open mind.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarcartographer

I think you're being very generous. His analyses are entirely smoke and mirrors, suggestion and pareidolia. He never reveals the exact location of things, he never properly identifies his sources - he says he will, but then doesn't.

His alleged Chang'e-2 images are nothing of the sort. Chang'e-2 (and it's predecessor) all show images taken at local noon - there are hardly any shadows to be seen (which actually makes them less than useful, despite their high resolution). There is a video of Chang'e-2 entering lunar orbit, but it is far too high and low resolution to see the details he is claiming. He throws in the location as 'Mare Orientale', but that is a huge area. He makes sly nods and winks about the telling of the Chang'e story to Apollo 11 and that there was no comment or humour from the crew. Here's the exact exchange:

03 23 17 28 CC Roger. Among the large headlines concerning Apollo this morning, there's one asking that you watch for a lovely girl with a big rabbit. An ancient legend says a beautiful Chinese girl called Chang-o has been living there for 4000 years. It seems she was banished to the Moon because she stole the pill of immortality from her husband. You might also look for her companion, a large Chinese rabbit, who is easy to spot since he is always standing on his hind feet in the shade of a cinnamon tree. The name of the rabbit is not reported.

03 23 18 15 LMP Okay. We'll keep a close eye out for the bunny girl.

It was a throwaway piece of news, nothing more. I will put money on that image not being from China, I have spent a lot of time downloading ans exploring them and his image looks looking like them. In fact, the lines on he images he shows on screen look almost as if he has taken a photograph of a screen.

You are talking about the man who claimed to have discovered a crystal spired city on the moon, when actually all he did was turn a lunar orbiter image upside down. More on that story here:

dorkmission.blogspot.com...

When challenged, he ignored it.

His explanation of magazine 83 from Apollo 15 is false, it is not from the stand-up EVA, and is more likely to be from the crew trying to repair the camera after it jammed on the surface - several of the images show what look like an interior light. The images were never secret, they just didn't show anything worth mentioning. They're here, if anyone cares:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Like everyone else claiming these imaginary structures they make a nice living from people who don't ask too many questions about their sources and their claims.
edit on 21/10/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: extra thought

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Misinterpreting a crater as a dish antenna has also been a notorious moon pix fantasy.
Ditto white dots as an alien base.
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I took a look at your detailed 'Power Point Presentation'. That is quite an effort to debunk obvious deception, nicely compiled and well said.

I have found this kind of disinformation to be tiring by having to counter with facts and truth. Common sense and good eyesight seems to be lacking in followers of this kind of bunk. Much like the 'Appolo Missions were faked' threads, this kind of nonsense is getting old, but to leave it unchallenged would be a disparagement to the 'Apollo Mission' program and the skilled professional cartographers, photogrammetrist, and terrain analysist I once worked with before retiring.
edit on 21-10-2018 by lunarcartographer because: add

edit on 21-10-2018 by lunarcartographer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lunarcartographer

Goodmorning:

I have two questions for Lunacartographer, "seeker of truth" and Jim Oberg, creater of an excellent website debunking Ken Johnson and I guess, Hoagland. Is there any visual data that either gentleman has seen that could be construed as evidence of ET phenomena either inter or extra-atmospheric ? Second, have you found any credibility with any scientific or technical employee with NASA, JPL (DIA), or any other government agency to lend to the existence of ET interaction with humans?

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The explanation about the low resolution imagery of the back side of the moon in the video by Karl R was probably meant to be thought provoking and possibly lead to some kind of indirect disclosure. Following up on that discussion, many years ago I found this image taken from space with very little explanation of its source. My first thought was that we were viewing an air base with two dark runways crossing at an angle. Perhaps looking ESE from a point above Defiance New Mexico. But then I saw what looked like a cloud formation that could have been creating a shadow?

Perhaps we are looking at a cropped image that was zoomed to a virtual altitude and that is the reason for the low resolution? Certainly by the time of the U2 and early Corona systems there should have been some kind of coupled photo hardware available with much higher resolution. The glass lens on some of the U2 designs was huge over 6 inches in diameter, which would leave room for a very large array of reception sensors.

There is also a cross at the end of one of the runways that argues for this image being a cloud shadow illusion with the sharp runway borders being just digitally processed artifacts. The cross looks like something you would see on an Egyptian Ankh although I've also seen it on old mission patches. No one with NASA clearance is going to be able to discuss classified information but there must be some way we could reverse engineer the image?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join