It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock It Up Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

‘Lock it up’: B.C. doctor warns parents planning to cook up cannabis edibles Children are more vulnerable to negative reactions to cannabis . . .
www.peacearchnews.com...

It's amazing how stupid people can be with sweet cannabis edibles. Kids who eat lots of them pass out. The case I know of could easily have ended in disaster. When the adults woke up and found the fridge door open and the child and the edibles missing, a frantic search was launched.

The search lasted about one and a half seconds. They flung open the door and found the child lying unconscious on the ground.

Lock it up, Canada.
edit on 17 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 17 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Yeah dude...

Its like lockin up your guns ffs...

Eatin can be a really bad idea...

S&F

edit on 17-10-2018 by Akragon because: Sorry...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Cannabis is as dangerous as guns? Hell, I better incinerate this lot right away. Signing out.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Akragon

Cannabis is as dangerous as guns? Hell, I better incinerate this lot right away. Signing out.

haha... no

Im just sayin it can be realy bad when you eat... yummy cookies

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Dude who ate my sandwich?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It’s like any medication , as well as alcohol ...it should be secured when children are around. Especially edibles that look like candy.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Alcohol is legal too

Only a moron would let their kids drink

Surely nobody has to be told that pot is not for kids. It’s not for work. It’s not for driving.

This is why we can’t have nice things, too many morons.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Cannabis is a medicine. Adding sugar adjuvants the uptake. I am not against cannabis, I used to smoke years back and am aware of the effects it has. It took away my desire to get ahead, to better my life and to plan for my future financial needs. It steered me to trust in some people who were not worthy of my trust because they were also on the wrong path.

What can I say, I was young and dumb once. I quit over thirty years ago, tapering down before that.

Here is an article on the effects of cannabis. It is safe for some people but not others, just like every medicine out there. It should be used as a medicine only when there are symptoms that need to be controlled. I could use it to control my epilepsy, but I have CBD capsules made from Hemp and they work to control it fine, and they are cheaper. I alternate them occasionally into my treatment of my Temporal lobe epilepsy but they do have a somewhat doping effect and I kind of like having the ability to think clearly. geneticliteracyproject.org...
edit on 17-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Alcohol is legal too

Only a moron would let their kids drink

Surely nobody has to be told that pot is not for kids. It’s not for work. It’s not for driving.

This is why we can’t have nice things, too many morons.

That's right because one rotten moron apple spoils the whole barrel.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ya know kinda funny about this. I know of a company that makes edibles. They used to make bears and robots and things, the government passed rules that companies couldn't make edible candies in shapes appealing to children. So no more robots and bears, just gummy blocks.

So out of curiosity I asked my friend's kid, which shape he'd find most appealing a bear, a robot or a block, turns out he liked Minecraft so he immediately excitedly said the block and started going off about Minecraft for a while....

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Ya know kinda funny about this. I know of a company that makes edibles. They used to make bears and robots and things, the government passed rules that companies couldn't make edible candies in shapes appealing to children. So no more robots and bears, just gummy blocks.

So out of curiosity I asked my friend's kid, which shape he'd find most appealing a bear, a robot or a block, turns out he liked Minecraft so he immediately excitedly said the block and started going off about Minecraft for a while....

That's because government failed to ask children what appealed to them, they just had adult think groups and/or outside consultants tell them what was what. It boggles the mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Lock it up, Canada.
Yup.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Lock it up, Canada.
Yup.

Yeah, just like we lock up alcohol and pharmaceuticals...not.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Have to wonder why people miss the obvious. The case I mentioned involved people who'd been selling edibles around the festivals for years. Can you suggest why such people would miss the obvious?
edit on 18 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It is an issue, I don't think it's been a huge issue..but even 1 accident is too many.
So, of course, if people are going to have edibles, and kids are around..they need to keep the stuff secure.
Most edible should be stored in the fridge, I think this is the problem, kids are always raiding the fridge.
Maybe a small lock box.

Canada's 1st day of legalisation today, but to note, edibles are not part of that.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Have to wonder why people miss the obvious. The case I mentioned involved people who'd been selling edibles around the festivals for years. Can you suggest why such people would miss the obvious?

Either they are morons or don't even think of their kids. Which is pretty much one and the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I would assume their only goal is to make money, so here would be an opportunity for parents to teach their children about the pusherman.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I would assume their only goal is to make money, so here would be an opportunity for parents to teach their children about the pusherman.

God damn.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

in the lyrics.."'he will sell you lots of sweet things"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join