It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We all have ideas about Russia most negative but some supporters. They are ruled like a dictatorship but the folks seem happy and get on with life supporting Mr P in high numbers for now. Is it backward ? not really some things I imagine suck like they do everywhere. The police are respected maybe feared ? Also getting involved in politics can be a bad move so no shenanigans like we see in the USA or Europe and you know what I mean. No big influx of immigrants and the borders are quite secure it helps having a individual Cyrillic language. I would love to travel and see but have goddamn ALS with rapid downward progress. I have been watching a youtube channel with a charming lady who posts in English just simple stuff but easy watching and most interesting IMHO Just thought to share this with you all. Peace.. TIANDB

I support Ukraine also and would love to have seen LVIV near the polish border..

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16 10 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

In Russia lies the hope of the world, multiple prophets have said or hinted towards.

Edit- Thanks for sharing I'll check it out later on

edit on 10/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Vladimir Putin is a gangster. The type a guy who will seize a country’s natural resources and refineries.

Then send them a bill for natural gas the dead of winter .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Vladimir Putin is a gangster. The type a guy who will seize a country’s natural resources and refineries.

What's that got to do with how happy Russians are? I guess about as much as a president ponying up to a horseface has to do with American peoples happiness.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow their sky is blue just like ours, most forget that.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Russian women are hot. I don't know anything else about Russia.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My bad I guess that was a character representation and I really can’t stand the man .

Let’s move along here’s my opinion of the inner workings in Russia .

Journalist can be shot in view of the Kremlin in broad daylight , protest leaders arrested, business rivals railroaded and sent to prison, censoring of the Internet, reliance state media information .

Some kids start training in karate and with weapons when they are as young as 10.

If they’re happy fine but I don’t think many of them have a choice .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Well our media are full of it that is at least one certainty. I talk regularly with a guy who has a Russian girlfriend, he goes there twice a year and I was surprised at much of what he had to say, it was mostly positive.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I watched some news program/video about how Putin came into power and what Russia was like during Yeltsin's reign and how it set the stage for Putin's rise to power. The nation was in the grips of a massive heroin crisis and supposedly one reason Putin was put in power was because he was supposed to be able to stop it - somehow? Well the crisis supposedly was stopped - somehow - and things got better and everyone was happy again but then around 2006-2008 the heroin/opioid crisis started back up and the OD deaths started rocketing again. Now I think Russia has the most deaths due to heroin of any country and especially when calculated per capita. This makes me wonder if the problem was ever solved or if it was covered up and the statistics doctored (maybe ruling cause of death differently than OD) and now that he has control, there is no need to cover up the statistics.

If he was able to fix the problem (some say he fixed it by killing a lot of the addicts) when he started, then why is it a problem now and why can't he fix it again?

Russia is also one of the only countries that has the problem with the drug knick-named krocidile which is a horrible drug cooked at home a lot like the way meth is cooked with the "shake-n-bake" method - full of lots of toxins left behind from the process - which kills the users very quickly. Like the meth users buy cold medicine to make the drug (over the counter drugs) these people do the same thing with another drug in that country and convert it to this really nasty substance.

The reports are that often times there are "shortages" of heroin and then the prices go up drastically so people are left to make this crud to keep from getting sick. IDK if the shortages are due to customs & "DEA" like agency busting dealers or if it is an intentional shortage. I would think that a country like Russia wouldn't have a problem smuggling in drugs like that as it has one of the largest land borders in the world with many countries that could be used as entrance points (most of which would probably have plenty of border guards who could be paid off) or even by sea. I wonder if they are trying to make the addicts use this nasty drug that is eating their bodies.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I lived with a Russian for a year in college, and knew a lot of his friends who were Russian as well.

I personally believe that Russia and the US have a lot in common, and their nation is strikingly similar to ours. We have way more in common than we do differences. I really hope Russia and the US will continue to improve our relationship and we can become very close allies.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow, that second video is eye opening. If you changed the signs to English and names of places in the US North East, you wouldn't be able to tell that you are 12,000 miles away. Everything from the size, shape, color of the road signs is basically the same and the support structure for the signs as well as street lights. Even the same types of trees!

No wonder so many eastern Europeans & Russians made the north east home when they come here, it looks so much like home! (mainly talking about the land/trees and such).
edit on 10 16 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Like the mayor of flint Michigan who made people drink tainted water and then sent them a water bill?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

On one hand we have a corrupt mayor in the state of Michigan .

On the other hand we have a authoritarian leader invading a sovereign country.

I guess since were both Americans and the world revolves around us. That would even things out .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Russian women are hot. I don't know anything else about Russia.

kvass
pussy riot
thieves in law
vodka
mail order brides

thats about it

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Yeah Russian women always turned
My crank.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The collapse of the Soviet Union brought demicracy. It also bought economic collapse, looting of the countries wealth, uncontrolled gangster capitalism and a collapse in quality of life for most. A broken nation symbolised by a drunkard buffoon leader in Yeltsin.

Putin is the anti Yeltsin and he's built his image in it. Right or wrong he gets the credit. When the west is moaning about democracy and human rights Russians hear it as "can't you go back to being broke helpless drunks, we liked that much better".
edit on 17-10-2018 by justwokeup because: Typo

top topics

join