It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Quentin Kenihan..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I remember seeing this little guy as a kid, and thinking wow, how can he have such a positive outlook, suffering the way he does. And as he aged, and his personality became more and more clear, that he wouldn't let his circumstance affect his outlook, despite the obvious emotional pain he was forced to endure.

I was so sad to hear, this morning, that he had passed. Aged 43, from a suspected asthma attack. How dreadfully ironic. He was always told he would never live long due to his osteogenesis imperfecta, brittle bone disease, and yet, it was something so mundane that took him.

And then I watched, again, this clip. It really brought home just how much he did suffer, the pain of being thrust into the spotlight at such an early age. But without that he'd not have been given the opportunity to shine as brightly as he did. As an actor, a writer, disability activist, and leading into becoming a councillor for Adelaide City Council..

Rest in peace little man, the after life has become smaller with such an enormous soul entering there.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

If anyone deserves a RIP it is him. He is walking now.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When ever you think life sucks ... Just know someone has it worse .... situations like his Make you realize how Lucky you are .

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Damn. My life is better than I thought. I'm not dreading tomorrow all of a sudden. Rip

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Very sad news indeed. I've spent the last 16 years confined to a wheelchair and it's no picnic, the constant pain really wears you down. And Quinton knew that kind of pain that grinds you down until you want your atoms to stop existing completely.

But he still persisted and smiled and improved the world through all that darkness. What an Aussie champ, hats off to him.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Very sad news indeed. I've spent the last 16 years confined to a wheelchair and it's no picnic, the constant pain really wears you down. And Quinton knew that kind of pain that grinds you down until you want your atoms to stop existing completely.

But he still persisted and smiled and improved the world through all that darkness. What an Aussie champ, hats off to him.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

And you are right, he acted to remind myself my lot isn't so bad to as not be grateful for what I have..

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Same age as me, I grew up with him being a figure on the telly. Such a shame. Oh well here's hoping he is in a better place now.

On a positive at least he went out with a bang and acted in the last Mad Max movie, Fury Road, so one way or another he'll be forever immortal.

top topics

join