It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh stuff is making me want to vote Republician.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Pyle

Terrible to you? There's a difference. Go look at his decisions for the past 28 years and then tell us how you really feel instead of listening to the toxic charade going on today.

I guess everyone forgets about his role in the Bush years with torture and domestic spying? Or his role in the Ken Star investigation? No wonder GOP has been trying to hide those things from the public. The sexual assault allegations became toe perfect cover for his other past deeds.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: Pyle
So the GOP forcing through a nominee that is a terrible pick even if you look beyond the sexual assault allegations gives you no pause but the DEMS for bringing up a (as many on the GOP said) credible witness to Kavanaugh's past is over the line?

Just curious, would you have convicted Kavenaugh if you were on a jury for this case? Would you be willing to ruin someone's career and reputation based on one woman's unsubstantiated, vague accusation from 35 years ago?

Given the fact that no real investigation has been done no prosecutor would bring it up so i would never be sitting on a jury with a case like this. Which is exactly why the GOP stymied any real investigation because it keeps it at unsubstantiated vague accusations. Look into his past beyond those claims and you see a person neck deep in bush era torture and domestic spying and yet he lied about it when asked in his conformation hearings.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
No single candidate that ran for president this last time could have or would have done what Trump has done so far. He pulled right, middle, and left votes because he criticized all politicians.

Every President that wins gets votes from the middle and some from the otehr party that are slighty off from center, it's nothing new.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I used to feel that way, in fact I felt that way most of my life. I have finally figured out that I need to deal with what is in front of me. If I can change it, I should, but no participation is not the answer either.

Where did I say I don't participate?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Do you realize that the reason Trump pulled off the upset is because he got votes from all three sides? He got those votes because he stood up to the corruption from the left and called out all the problems this country is/was facing and took every bit of verbal assault better than probably 99% of this country would take. If he'd announced a run in 2008, he wouldn't have lasted 6 weeks, nor would he have in 2012, but by the time he announced in 2015, this country was in a very dark place for tax paying Americans. I chuckled at the idea that he'd run until he proclaimed that a lot of our drug and crime comes illegally from the Southern border. That's when he pissed off the left to no end and gained the attention of the middle and right. Now look how good our current state is.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: watchandwait410

It's refreshing to see someone that has the humility to change their mind when evidence proves that an old choice may no longer be valid. I did the same thing.

A lot of Jimmy Carter voters did, too, in the 70's. My mom was 21 when she voted for Carter, by the time his presidency ended, she voting for Reagan. I've heard about a lot of people that were democrats when Carter ran, and Republicans before his term was over.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Everybody should register independent to give a big FU to both sides...Did they come of with the phrase divide and conquer after they created the two party system? They are playing us from both ends and some people are too stupid to figure that out..

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You’re growing a political spine, stepping off your safety perch in the self-proclaimed middle, and taking a stand. Good on you.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
now there's a recipe for success, surrendering your voice to be silenced...
Sure you don't want to recant ?

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know your comment wasn’t directed at me, but I wanted to share my experience because I am annoying like that.

It’s been 10 years since I left the Democratic Party and registered ‘Unaffiliated.’ I remember feeling like you do about people who choose to not vote for two party candidates and vote for people that have zero chance of winning. However, I’ve found it’s fabulously satisfying to be free from the horrible feelings that come with hating the *other* party and always defending the indefensible & ridiculous in my own party. I also love being free from the never-ending stream of disappointments, too, and that I’m not in a position to have to trust candidates/leaders who haven’t earned my trust.

When I was a Democrat, I was pretty much exclusively critical of Republicans and usually went out of my way to give all the benefit of the doubt to Democrats. I was an enabler to the failures and corruption in my party and helped lower the collective standards for *fit* leadership with my double standards.

Being a partisan is a huge investment with no substantive return for all the time, energy, emotion, etc. spent on it. There’s no glory in it and nothing to be proud of.

And it’s not like our voting/voter registration systems are secure enough to protect my vote — which I value greatly. Sometimes I loathe giving up my vote to a voting system I don’t trust created by lawmakers that I don’t trust. So, I don’t fault anyone for not voting, at all.

I think the only divide between the two parties is the one that exists amongst their voters AND it’s fueled by those who want/need their enabling and benefit from a weak, complacent, distracted, and divided nation. So, I vote accordingly...that’s the only message I am interested in sending anyway so I win every time I don’t vote for a Republican or a Democrat.

There’s no downside, I just wanted you to know that.

edit on 10/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This Kavanaugh stuff is making me want to bury my head in shame at what the country has become

If it wasn't so damn important to our future I'd have quit paying attention to politics 2 years ago. But alas, doing so ensures the ideological opposition wins and we just can't have that. After the Kavanaugh hearing specifically, it is clear these people actually want to eliminate due process/burden of proof for accusers at least with sex allegations, possibly with all allegations - judging by how they acted with the Russia "collusion delusion" invented farce

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

MotherMayEye, great post

I too would love to experience the freedom of voting for an independent candidate. Despite the concerns you mentioned (about the difficulty in electing a non-D/R candidate), choosing not to give those parties your votes helps reduce the illusion of "consent of the governed"

Our voting turnout is already dismal, representing less than 50% of the nation's population (total, between all votes for all parties). So by feeling "required" to vote for either a D or R we in effect participate in an act of violence by proxy, feeding the legitimacy of a system that could not stand on its own otherwise.

I truly respect the stance you've taken. I only wish I had the courage to cut my ties to a major political party, basically for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Well said!!

(now if only we could force all candidates to take a knowledge test proving they understand the important issues of our times......)

edit on 10/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've been too disgusted to vote for either party my whole life.
But the leftists have come unhinged. They're now an actual danger to the country. So for the first time ever I will be voting against them.

I agree with your sentiments...I HAVE voted my whole life but it's usually AGAINST the party I want to lose the most...

But this time it's different...Trump doesn't fit with either Party...For the first time in years I voted FOR a candidate...I really believe Trump wants to make things better for ALL of us...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

You are very intuitive and wise. Congratulations!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
The way the Democrats are handling the Kavanaugh situation is making me want to vote for Trump instead of being in the middle. They are just embarrassing themselves and making them look like the party of wimps and baseless accusations. I get why they are trying to give her a voice and all but it is just getting ridicules.

I just got to a breaking point with those protesters acting just as bad as the "lock her up" chant but instead of Republicans it is Liberals. It is just two sides of the same coin and this is something I am not down with. I thought Democrats had at least some class but I was obviously wrong.

If 2020 was today I would vote for Trump not just because of this but also because he is standing up to china. Also because he is getting through to North Korea , I truly thought we were going to war but I am glad cooler heads prevailed... at least so far.

I just don't get why democrats are acting like this... I am still not sure if Kavanaugh did it or not but they are truly showing their true colors. Sticklers of sorts that will not get my vote in the coming elections.

It makes me much less likely to vote for a dnc representative.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I just don't get why democrats are acting like this

Simple, with the appointment of Kavanaugh, the Court now has a conservative majority. Even IF the Dems got elected in 2020, and even IF RBF keeled over, they'd still only be replacing one liberal for another.

Stopping this was even more important than winning the midterms for them. Now, they've likely lost both. (one can hope).

I just hope folks remember this level of disgust come Nov 6th.

Another reason they are acting like this....they can't do anything to undo Trump's election, so they just love doing ANYTHING they can do to impede him. They are so blinded by hatred, that they are also blind to the real progress done. They simply don't even want to acknowledge it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join