It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sighting. Anyone tracking anything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Could be, although it banked and turned back before it went more than a few miles over the water. And in reply to the other posters, it looked more like a b1 and yes, very very tight turn. Just as a follow up, the very next day a EF came over from the med and about ten minutes later what looked like a F16 went back out.

Nothing after that. Was good to see as like someone mentioned, you don't get a lot of military stuff in southern Spain, or at least you didn't when I lived there.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

A B-52 a couple weeks ago launched mines that landed in the target area 50 miles away. The estimated range of LRASM is 300 miles.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers zaph. Would explain why the abrupt u turn if it was practising dropping in the med with the LSRAM range of 300. Wouldn't need to clear the coast by much

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

I've personally seen a B-1B do a low level turn, and I mean 360 degrees inside the fences of my family's shop. It was a sight to behold. It was only an acre and that pilot must have had balls of steel. It was loud as hell! Wings were extended, and it couldn't have been more than 1000 feet high. (Which I get may have made my perspective off) Wish I could find the pics. It was in the late 80"s, before McConnell went to having mainly tankers. The Bone is my 2nd fav aircraft behind the Tomcat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join