It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 3-Minute Animation Will Change Your Perception of Time Forever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The timeline of Earth is something most of us are at least familiar with but the numbers used to describe the journey from the beginning to now are just mind boggling , to help put things into perspective this video marks the significant events that led us to where we are now in a road trip from Los Angeles to New York ... to further put things into perspective we turned up just 570 ft from the finishing point.

But we don't get very far on our road trip through time and space before the Moon shows up after Earth is hit by a planetary body.
About halfway across the top of Arizona, the world's largest rock forms 3.95 billion years ago, and then a few miles down the road – 3.8 billion years ago – the first evidence of life shows up, in the form of replicating molecules.

But it's not until Kansas, 2.7 billion years ago, when oxygen-producing cyanobacteria first emerge, and then 200 million years later that significant amounts of oxygen build up in Earth's atmosphere.

And then, believe it or not, it's not until Pennsylvania – halfway across the country – that multicellular organisms evolve, just 600 million years ago.

A lot happens in Pennsylvania, like plants colonising the land and amphibians evolving. And by the time dinosaurs become extinct we're already in New York State.
www.sciencealert.com...

Look at what we've done in such a relative short time.

edit on 30-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

and what we have destroyed in such a relative short time. luckily we still evolving. cool video!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting and informative video. My only problem is that none of us were around back then but we seem to know how the moon, earth and everything inbetween was formed.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

We weren't around but the evidence is left in rocks and the fossil record , I agree the Moon theory is just a theory and most of our planets ancient history is subject to the knowledge we've gathered and is not set in stone (as it were) but as far as we know that is it.... for now.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm driving, so can't watch it, but S+F for later 😊

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
cool video man
Jesus was crucified 5 feet ago

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Very cool. I had a suspicion that multi-cellular lifeforms developed around Shanksville, PA.
Imagine some people think I'm a conspiracy nut!
Check the timeline for yourself.

4 centimeters and 8 millimeters ago our forefathers.....
edit on 30-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
In one millionth of a millimeter, I have to go back to work!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Bunch of disrespectful people in NYC!
The video clearly shows them just driving and walking over a large portion of modern history.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Look at what we've done in such a relative short time.

That's what comes from being an observant species able to mimic the activities of the other orders of life. Very little of what we've accomplished wasn't developed from the adoption of techniques observed in the insect, bird and animal world, tried and tested into robustness long before we arrived on the scene.

Nice video, thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Amazing how life just kind of took off in the last 600m years.

Even more amazing how fast it is being wiped out!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This to me makes evolution all the more improbable, 250 million years ago 99 % of all life is wiped out. 250 million years is not enough time to evolve from microscopic life to all the species you see on earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

If I'm understanding this properly it's saying that hominids developed in Hoboken, New Jersey.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I see my neighbourhood at 3:30/3:40. About when hominins diverge from chimps. Too Darwinian, no ancient aliens !

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting and informative video. My only problem is that none of us were around back then but we seem to know how the moon, earth and everything inbetween was formed.

I appreciate the video for the perspective it gives, but it presents as fact a lot of things that are theory.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

This to me makes evolution all the more improbable, 250 million years ago 99 % of all life is wiped out. 250 million years is not enough time to evolve from microscopic life to all the species you see on earth.

I don't buy the evolution theoy. Not because I am a bible literalist, but for the simple common sense observation that we have no examples of one species evolving into another species. We have wonderful examples of adaption, I am blown away at the ability of plants and animals to adapt and modify within their species to survive, but evolving into another species, I would like someone to give me an example.
edit on 30-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Pretty sure the dinos went extinct in New Jersey, not New York state.
My cousin Vinny is not gonna be happy they fraudulently took credit for that away from his home state.

I think Neil degrasse did something like this on his show.
edit on 9/30/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

and what we have destroyed in such a relative short time. luckily we still evolving. cool video!

Destroyed what?

We have had mass extinctions, one was 99% of all life, the dinos extinction was basically all large life and about 33% of all life that gave mammals a chance. Life dies off and is replaced with new life that is different. There is no mother earth, no harming of the planet..the planet does that quite well on its own..

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Cool video....

Missing is invention of fire and landing on the moon...
Mans 2 greatest accomplishments....

*i say invention of fire meaning control FYI

-Chris

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Very little of what we've accomplished wasn't developed from the adoption of techniques observed in the insect, bird and animal world,

Very little?

Yeah I'm sure they showed us how to create religion & politics as a control mechanism, or if they counted they had a concept of Zero.

And whilst insects may sing to each other do they get together an create a symphony that can be recorded for another day.

Its one thing respecting nature but I get fed up reading how we are no different to animals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join