It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle woman publicly accuses Washington Sen. Joe Fain of rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Seattle is no stranger to sexual assault allegations against government officials, Former Mayor Ed Murray resigned after the 5th child-rape accuser came forward. Now, Washington State Senator Joe Fain has been accused of raping a Seattle woman. Candace Faber decided to make her allegations via Twitter:

SOURCE

Seattle resident Candace Faber followed Thursday’s Senate hearings featuring Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser Christine Blasey Ford. She tweeted commentary throughout the hearing, pointing out that being a good student doesn’t mean someone can’t be guilty of sexual assault. Same goes if they have female friends. Then she notes that Blasey Ford has been criticized for waiting so long to bring her story forward.

That’s when she wrote “maybe the rest of us shouldn’t sit on our secrets just crossing our fingers that they won’t come into more power.” She presented her own allegation — that Washington State Senator Joe Fain raped her in 2007.

In a statement to The Seattle Times, Senator Fain has denied Faber’s allegation, but also said that such accusations are serious and should be investigated. He said he would cooperate with any inquiry. He asked that people show respect to Faber and the process.

Fain is a 37-year-old Republican member of the Washington State Senate, representing the 47th Legislative District (Auburn, Covington, Federal Way, Kent, Renton). He is minority floor leader. He was first elected in 2011 and is currently running for re-election. Faber, 35, has also drawn local headlines in the past, though for her career. She was Seattle’s first civic technology advocate and has been looked to as an expert and critic of Seattle tech issues. She worked at the City of Seattle’s IT department until recently. She is also a guest faculty member at the University of Washington, and her online resume states she was a foreign service officer in the U.S. Department of State between 2007 and 2013.

Washington State Senator Joe Fain (R)

Candace Faber (on left with heart-shaped glasses)

edit on 9282018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Jesus H. Christ.

Here we go...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here we go...Look it's really starting to get muddy here. As an American citizen everyone must be innocent until proven guilty. I'm not necessarily going against what she or Ford are saying but god damn it speak up when it happens. We can't do # years down the road. I also understand that they are afraid, embarrassed, often frowned upon. I hope this movement will at least get women to speak out now instead of later.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but Twitter really doesn't seem like the right place to take serious allegations.

This new world confuses me.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yelling "Racist" got the Democrats into office for about 8 years. Now they're hoping yelling "Rapist" will get them back in. Sad on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And the rape/sexual assault bandwagon comes running back into town yet again.
How many lives will be destroyed before the end of the year due to someone falsely making accusations because they want their minute of fame.

+8 more 
link   
As a woman, I just want to put this out there.
If something happened to you, yesterday, or 20 years ago, go to the police.
This "coming out" on social media or whatever, is only going to lead to SOME innocent people having their lives ruined, and the general public not believing you.
This is not the right way to handle these things. At all.

But we all saw this coming...

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I may be wrong, but Twitter really doesn't seem like the right place to take serious allegations.

It is a mental disorder. These people want / need to be validated by likes and retweets. Social media use is a form of narcissism.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It is a mental disorder. These people want / need to be validated by likes and retweets. Social media use is a form of narcissism.

I truly believe this is correct.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have a feeling dozens more of these against Republicans are going to hit the news.

This is the new dem play book.

Blue wave has failed so burn the house down!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ofcourse democrat's have NEVER EVER NEVER done something that republicans are accused for...

hey..."have an sigar " :-)
edit on 28-9-2018 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

you're saying shes lying?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Happily, I don't have any type of social media presence.

To all my future would-be accusers - you'll have to contact me the old fashioned way if you want to get my attention!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Medical/rape kit records?
Police report?
Actual evidence?

Nope.
But BY GOD it's on Twitter so let's hang him NOW.

ffs

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Not necessarily. However, the need to share personal info like this on social media is a form of narcissism. People post all this stuff online to get likes / retweets. It validates them. Again, just go to the police if you were assaulted, you don't need to post about it on Facebook / twitter, etc.

50 year from now, we will be talking about this Metoo BS in the same way we talk about the Salem Witch Trials... assuming society doesn't devolve into full blown idiocracy.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

50 year from now, we will be talking about this Metoo BS in the same way we talk about the Salem Witch Trials... assuming society doesn't devolve into full blown idiocracy.

Excellent comparison! Spot on.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

... assuming society doesn't devolve into full blown idiocracy.

That film will be viewed as a documentary now that we actually have President Camacho in the White House.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
She has some proof right?
Anything?

If so nail his balls to a tree.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is this within the statue of limitations? If so investigate and prosecute if evidence is found... otherwise if there is no evidence I hope he sues.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
all reply to: seattlerat
Oh great. We get a whole other month of this until November. all will be Democrats targetting Republicans up for elections ....

Man, people really are just dumb if they can take this # at face value.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join