It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX's Greg Gutfeld's marijuana debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would like to wait for a while to see what impact recreational legalization is really going to have on those states with it before jumping in whole hog.

That's what Federalism is all about.

We already know the impact of prohibition, and it's absolutely terrible for people and society. How about we try something new instead of clinging tenaciously to the status quo which sucks by any objective measure?

We are trying something new, in certain places.

That's what federalism is for. If you want legal recreational weed, you move to those places. It's very simple.

I'm not advocating for those states to be shut down in their experiments. I think it deserves to be tried to see what happens, but I think caution is also deserved to see what happens socially, and that can take longer than a handful of years to fully feel out.

For example, no one really knew what no fault divorce was actually going to mean for the culture for a decade or two, but by then, it was too late because it had been legalized everywhere and now too many people think marriage is something disposable and too many kids grow up in broken homes pulled apart by fighting families.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would like to wait for a while to see what impact recreational legalization is really going to have on those states with it before jumping in whole hog.

That's what Federalism is all about.

Not me! I am an alcoholic now because I chose to tow the "legal" line and live in a state where weed is illegal!

Alcohol is KILLING ME! If I had legal access to weed, I would be much healthier, mentally and physically.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand your concern, but there really is enough data out there right now, concerning Alcohol vs Mary Jane and the effects.
MI has recreational on the ballet come Nov as well, although we really thought the Legislators were going to screw us out of it, by passing early writing their own law. Thankfully that didn't happen.

I really don't know how you could smell like it, unless someone you were living with or riding in a car with was doing it, as it won't be legal, to just stand on a street corner and smoke. I don't think that is the case in any state is it? But, even though I don't smoke it, I would love to be able to grow a plant or two legally. I've been reading up on it so much, with the different varieties, that my mom is willing to let me help her with her Parkinson's.
For me, and her, anything that can help alleviate some of ridiculous prescription expenses makes it completely worth it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Complete legalization now!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

There is also a difference between medical and recreational too.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Laws are different for every state but all states, even ones with legalization, suffer from the federal prohibition. I know that affects banking. So the question now is what is the best way to get it legal on a federal level? I think we can all agree just waiting has not worked very well.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Goodluck to North Dakota!

Dismissal of some convictions in our legal states are still continuing to gain traction.
"Seattle court agrees to clear past marijuana convictions"

City Attorney Pete Holmes filed a motion in April asking the court to vacate the convictions. He argued that possessing small amounts of marijuana is no longer illegal and clearing past convictions would right the injustices of a drug war that targeted people of color.
Source
Took them long enough as Wa state legalized in 2012. This month all seven judges of the Seattle Municipal Court backed clearing misdemeanor pot convictions that happened prior to recreational legalization. It's a late, smaller step but hopefully elsewhere it can catch on.

See also "NYC Prosecutor's Plan Could Wipe Out 20,000 Pot Convictions "
Source2

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup, exactly the police are going after where they see profit. LEOs need to with the growing heroin epidemic a consequence of the opioid crisis!
"Marijuana Arrests Spike, Outpace Arrests for All Violent Crimes Combined"

According to the FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report, out of 1,632,921 arrests for “drug abuse violations,” 36.7% were for possession of cannabis. That amounts to 599,282 people, which is up from the previous year’s figure of 587,516. In contrast, as Forbes noted, arrests for the sale and manufacture of the plant dropped from 65,734 in 2016 to 60,418 in 2017.
Source3

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Washington State is the only legal recreational state where you can't grow recreationally, all of the other legal recreational states allow an x number of plants. Medicinally, you can grow plants. Other states, such as yours will likely not follow Washington's model but rather along the lines of OR/and CO which allows growing. Furthermore Washington State and others are looking for phase out medicinal resources(shops, prescriptions, etc.) due to recreational legalization which may change growing and hopefully so for those medicinal and recreational users the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The fact is, your kids futures are being threatened by MJ laws.

...The laws being written by drunk, wife-beating politicians taking payoffs from corporations and law enforcement.

You are punished for-fn-ever if you get a mj charge.

Bunch of stupid nazis.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

i was both a smoker and a drinker the booze nearly killed me enough said

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Not here in Calif,from what I see from NY,and their liberal leaders,maybe they can't control themselves,the stupidity of those who claim violence,the violence is at liquor stores,which are at every corner

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I started giving CBD Oils when My "Shorty" was on Her last leg. Not only did She enjoy Her last few days, which included 2x a week fluids for Her kidneys, but She really enjoyed going to the dog park and interacting, and Her cute lil stub wagged until She 'left'...

I'm going to pick up another Weimaraner female today, 5 weeks old...

Evven #7 and MagWai, my hermaphroditic AffenPinscher, get CBD oil with both meals and then they get a bunch of coconut oil...

Proud Member of LEAP • Law Enforcement Action Partnership

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I was glad that after you said “ shorty” you mentioned Weimaraner. Because my mind was going in a different direction . lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join