It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors side with pink-haired girl in conflict with school administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A Russian school administration faces a civil probe after banning a 15-year old girl from attending class because she had pink hair

As a result, local prosecutors looked into the incident and eventually launched a civil case against the school and its director

Prosecutors found that Russian law doesn’t allow a school administration to set any norms concerning a pupil’s appearance and that a student cannot be banned from attending classes as punishment.
Source

Prosecutors in Russia have launched a civil case against a school and its administration after the school told a girl with pink hair she was not allowed to attend unless she changed her hair color. Now the administrators are facing fines.

Good. It's time people start standing up to this mentally ill degeneracy of appearance discrimination. If the color of another person's hair offends you so greatly that you seek to exclude that person from partaking in activities, then there's something seriously wrong with your head. These morons deserve to be fined.

I wrote this in another thread and it's directly relevant, so I'm copying it here:

I'm of the firm opinion that anybody who thinks dress codes or tattoo rules have ANY importance whatsoever has a psychological issue. The only exception to this should be clothing that is dangerous, like wearing flip flops to a construction site, or clothing that is obviously meant to be sexually revealing rather than simply comfortable.
If a person is able to do a job, there is no logical reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be allowed to do said job just because their pants are the wrong color or because they have ink in their skin. Wearing black pants instead of khaki pants to your office job doesn't suddenly prevent you from being able to operate your work computer. Wearing a short sleeved shirt instead of one with long sleeves to your receptionist job doesn't suddenly render you unable to communicate with your guests and customers.
Let me tell you why some people think these things are important... The short answer is either psychological inferiority, low intelligence, or a combination of both.
Human beings evolved with a desire to "fit in", to be a part of some kind of group. Whether it's being a fan of a sports team, belonging to a political party, a specific church, etc, we gain a sense of well-being from knowing that we're among other people like ourselves. Clothing appearance standards are a simple version of this. Anybody who tells you what color your pants have to be (khaki or navy, but not black or white, for example) is creating rules that they can use to feel like they're somehow better than those who don't fit into such standards. Everybody who thinks that it is not only acceptable, but expects that other people should tell them what they can or can not look like, is in my opinion lacking a firm self-identity and self-confidence.
This is exactly why, as we see above, some people claim those who don't fit their own personal appearance standards are "trashy" or lacking "common sense". No, you're not more intelligent, more capable, or more cultured than someone else just because they have tattoos and you don't.

It should never be ok for another person to tell you what to look like unless those particular appearance standards are somehow necessary for the work you'll be doing (perhaps you have a long beard but want to work around machinery that it could get caught in and result in your head being removed).
So, let me say again: It should never be ok for another person to tell you what to look like. How would you feel if I walked up to you in a grocery store and told you that I don't like the color of your shirt, so you need to leave and come back with a different one. That would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? Yes, it would. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Uniforms and dress codes are fine. All depends on the circumstances. Good for this girl.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Uniforms and dress codes are fine. All depends on the circumstances. Good for this girl.

When those uniforms and dress codes have no actual functional purpose, why are they "fine"? Their only purpose is to enforce what people look like, which has no effect on anything. The only meaning it has is completely made up in the minds of the people who enforce or support it.
Let's say I owned a business, and I had a position open which you were the absolute best ideal candidate for. In fact, you'd be so good at it that if I hired you, you'd propel my business into sky-high records and make me a millionaire. So, I think great! Come in for an interview! The only problem is, when you show up, I think your hair is 6 inches too long and it makes me uncomfortable, because it doesn't fit with the standards I've created in my mind for what a person should look like. You're no longer capable of doing the job, sorry. I'll need to hire someone else instead.
Does that situation honestly make sense to you? Do you think that's "ok", or is it some kind of mental illness?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So you are rightfully complaining at dictators who dictate at others their standards, by dictating your own standards and enforcing your dictated standards with arrogance, belligerence and self promotion
You don't see any conflict in that, don't see any hypocrisy?

There should always be standards, always, in my opinion

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more!

I think a lot of dress code/ hair codes have a lot of racist undertones to them anyways.

There has only been one time in my life when someone's hair distracted me, and it was because it was so filthy that the smell was awful.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You do not understand branding, brand identity, and service standards.

You are walking through a retail establishment and cannot find any help...because everyone is out of uniform. Is this good service?

You are in a hotel and see some random dude wandering into and out of rooms...would you leave your wife behind in this hotel while you went out and worked?

You are in a life/death event and run looking for a police officer, but can find none because they no longer wear uniforms.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Prosecutors side with pink-haired girl in conflict with Russian school administration

Here, fixed it for you.....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Agreed. A basic structural outline for institutions and organizations.

The rest is heresay and express away 😊

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If the school has a standard policy, they have every right to enforce it.

Interestingly, they don't name the school nor can I find any other related articles.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The state sided with the kid ....IN RUSSIA, that doesn't seem to happen as often as it should in the USA.
Anyone else notice that?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In Soviet Russia school doesn't suspend you, You suspend school!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I couldn't agree more!

I think a lot of dress code/ hair codes have a lot of racist undertones to them anyways.

There has only been one time in my life when someone's hair distracted me, and it was because it was so filthy that the smell was awful.

Racist?

Really?

Just wow.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Obviously, you were never bullied for not wearing the right shoes, or the "cool" jeans by the "cool" people. Or got beaten for wearing the wrong color.

School dress codes, as in uniforms do, indeed, serve a purpose. It doesn't remove the bullying entirely, but it does reduce it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Racist? How the heck did you come to that particular conclusion??

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
How does a dress code include someone's hair?
Just another way to discourage people from being themselves and fall in line with their rules?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Obviously, you were never bullied for not wearing the right shoes, or the "cool" jeans by the "cool" people. Or got beaten for wearing the wrong color.

Yeah, actually I was, almost every day. The school just made a joke of it. I didn't even finish high school.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Then I fail to see how you can see that uniforms do serve a purpose. They don't stop it, obviously, but it's one less "reason".

Oh, the making a joke of it is almost as infuriating as the bullying itself, in my experience. Boys will be boys! Stand up for yourself (the fact that you're always outnumbered 4 or 5 to 1 doesn't seem to matter).

Good for the pink haired girl!!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I do not agree with the part about disallowing revealing clothing. The more you repress developing sexuality in teenagers the more problems it will create in the long run. Proper education and guidance from parents should be the norm and not rules and regulations.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Good. It's time people start standing up to this mentally ill degeneracy of appearance discrimination. If the color of another person's hair offends you so greatly that you seek to exclude that person from partaking in activities, then there's something seriously wrong with your head.

I don't care about the colour of your hair, I care about whether you are prepared to comply with expected behaviour. If I can't trust you in the little things, I won't trust you in the big things.

Same with visible tattoos. I feel perfectly comfortable making the following assumption; the people who get visible (ie face) tattoos, get them in the knowledge that it will narrow down their opportunities and impact on their ability to get a job. If you rock up to an interview for a suit & tie type role with a fresh face tattoo... well, that's a good indication that you lack forward thinking and are a poor decision maker. I'm not rejecting you because of your tattoo, I'm rejecting you because I don't want to hire someone who is a poor decision maker. I don't actually care about the tattoo itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Then I fail to see how you can see that uniforms do serve a purpose. They don't stop it, obviously, but it's one less "reason".

Creating rules and making the students abide by them for the purpose of not giving the bullies targets is the completely wrong way to deal with the issue. If a student comes to you and says they're being bullied about their shoes, you don't say "Well then maybe you should wear different shoes." Giving everyone uniforms doesn't suddenly alter the bullies personalities and remove their desire to cause harm and suffering for their own amusement. ACTUAL bullying is not about teasing some kid one day because their hair looks funny, it's prolonged abuse due to psychological and behavioral issues in the person doing it, which need to be addressed, rather than treating the person being bullied like it's their fault.

Oh, the making a joke of it is almost as infuriating as the bullying itself, in my experience. Boys will be boys! Stand up for yourself

This is another thing that pisses me off, people saying "boys will be boys" and "stand up for yourself". First, it is not natural or normal in any way whatsoever to get satisfaction out of physically and emotionally abusing other people. You could say "boys will be boys" if, say, Timmy ripped his pants and the other kids laughed at him for the rest of the day. That's teasing, not intentional prolonged abuse for the sake of harming someone else. One of my bullies used to come and sit by me on the bus every day and accuse me of doing all sorts of disgusting sexual things with my family. I had to sit there every day and listen to him talking about how I liked to suck my dad's ****, and then I'd have to go through the rest of the day with the other kids calling me some variation of a "f****t", throwing things at me, shooting me with slingshots, throwing my things all over the floor... Cause, you know, he was more popular than me, so everyone listened to him. If he told the other kids I told him all about how I go home and have sex with my dad, well then I unquestionably did say such a thing.

As for "standing up for myself"... I wanted nothing more than to do so, and I tried many times to do so legally, ie through the school. I brought up the constant abuse to the school, which made a joke of it. At one point their solution was to put me in a room with one of my bullies so we could "talk about it" and get over it. My mother even tried talking to one of these kid's fathers, who ended up in an argument on the phone about how he gave express permission to his kid that he was allowed to beat the **** out of me if I did anything. It got so bad that I ended up just leaving and doing online school. Now, I would have absolutely loved to punch some of these kids out, but you know what would have happened to me? I was already singled out as the "school freak" for daring to wear band shirts and baggy pants, with teachers sending me out of the class too many times to remember just because they didn't want to see me. I was already being randomly stopped in the hallways and having my personal things searched to make sure I didn't have drugs or weapons. The moment I laid a finger on anyone the school would have called the police and hauled me off to jail. On top of that, I'd have to deal with whatever my father would do, who had a history of going into rages and hitting me for the smallest things. Every day I had to go to school and decide - am I tough enough to put up with this, or am I going to jail today? You see, every time someone tells me I needed to "toughen up", I already was.

I gave myself a tattoo to remind myself of what that place almost turned me into. But you know what? I was and am stronger than all of those people, hence why I'm here and not sitting in prison to this day for having made my way into national news, if you catch my drift.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join