It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another woman brings sexual allegation against Kavanaugh

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis06
a reply to: JDmOKI

What do you think all the ridiculous accusations republicans have been doing have been?!?!

Benghazi, clinton rape allegations, Clinton email scandal, Clinton boddybag conspiracies, ellisons allegations now, James Gunn, al franken...

Republicans have been fabricating fake scandals that went nowhere for political clout for decades....

I can’t think of any fake sex scandal that predates the clintons..

The difference being all those actually have some evidence. Both these women just have their story with no evidence or wittnesses. AL Franken had a picture taken and he admitted doing it but I still don't think he should have resigned over it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

What do you think all the ridiculous accusations republicans have been doing have been?!?!

Benghazi, clinton rape allegations, Clinton email scandal, Clinton boddybag conspiracies, ellisons allegations now, James Gunn, al franken...

Republicans have been fabricating fake scandals that went nowhere for political clout for decades....

Tawana Brawley?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It is sad that I have to start my post with this declaimer: I am not a lib and think brett would make a good judge.

The guy has had a highly respected career for decades

Irrelevant.

The women making the accusations have had respectable careers as well.

john wayne gacy was a nice man that sold ice cream to kids. Bernie madoff was very respected in his field. Can't judge a person by the job they do. We all have secrets.

I think you understand this.

After all you are not taking the careers of the women into account when you decided they were lying.

If careers mattered you would give the women the benefit of doubt.

Great point.
...and let's not forget Stormy Daniels' stellar career choice.

PENIS.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I wonder if that" low-grade teenage interaction" would bother you if it were some boy's pecker forced into your daughter's face when she goes off to college?

Here's a huge part of the problem - there's no way to actually discuss these events without someone shouting 'victim blaming!' or 'rape apologist!', as if that somehow magically wins a debate, but here we go anyway...

This is an excerpt from a Washington Post story, quoting Andrea Evers, a 'close friend' of Blasey Ford:

Ford’s inner circle was, “How do you say this? The pretty, popular girls,” explained Andrea Evers, a close friend...

Weekends were spent shopping at the White Flint mall, flashing fake IDs at Georgetown’s Third Edition club — the drinking age was 18 then — or flocking to the house of whoever’s parents were out of town to drink six-packs of Hamm’s or Schaefer...

Like Kavanaugh, Ford was part of that alcohol-fueled culture. But those unchaperoned parties, at beach rentals and Bethesda basements alike, frequently left the girls feeling embattled.

“The boys were pretty brutal,” Evers said. “They would do what they could to get you drunk, and do whatever they would try to do to you.”

So here it is: all of the girls apparently knew that when they were drunk, the boys would take advantage of them to the fullest extent. Yet Blasey Ford still managed to end up going to an unchaperoned party with only four older boys present, or possibly one other girl present (depending on which version of the story you read).

So to answer your question, when my daughter's are old enough for this sort of thing... if someone raped them, I'd hunt them down and kill them with my own hands. But if someone exposed themselves to them at a drunken college party, as has allegedly happened in this particular accuser's case, I'd ask what they expected to happen at a drunken college party, and why they put themselves in that position... My daughters are not frigging idiots.

For some reason, people like to completely ignore the fact that teenage girls are just as rebellious, sexually driven, excitable and fun-loving as teenage boys are. They are not all sitting at home doing tapestry until marriage. This seriously needs to stop being seen as some non-existent, male-only predatory rape culture. Girls are also capable of enjoying drinking, partying, sex, the 'thrill of the chase', and all the other stuff that it seems are solely the domain of males.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Except there is evidence for several of these. Perhaps you should contact the folks who were actually serving at Benghazi and get their statements? Or review USC on protection of classified information? Or the actual evidence in the Ellison case, which includes medical records and, would you believe it, police reports. Stop comparing apples to pomegranates.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It is sad that I have to start my post with this declaimer: I am not a lib and think brett would make a good judge.

The guy has had a highly respected career for decades

Irrelevant.

The women making the accusations have had respectable careers as well.

john wayne gacy was a nice man that sold ice cream to kids. Bernie madoff was very respected in his field. Can't judge a person by the job they do. We all have secrets.

I think you understand this.

After all you are not taking the careers of the women into account when you decided they were lying.

If careers mattered you would give the women the benefit of doubt.

I would if she had evidence and someone backing up her story and it wasn't decades old.

She's a life long Democrat Bernie supporter. Also, we're never ever gonna know the truth so why should I believe her? Just because?

This sheet can't even go to trial so it's just two people calling each other liars.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Tawana Brawley?

oh there are some interesting parallels to these cases;
outrageous claims with little evidence; then upon even preliminary investigation Poof the evidence is gone;

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

And you do realize this stuff is coming out all over the world, sometimes decades later, because assault on women has been ridiculed and swept aside for all those decades?

And here's another problem I have with these accusers, and Blasey Ford's story in particular.

Like Kavanaugh, Ford was part of that alcohol-fueled culture. But those unchaperoned parties, at beach rentals and Bethesda basements alike, frequently left the girls feeling embattled.

“The boys were pretty brutal,” Evers said. “They would do what they could to get you drunk, and do whatever they would try to do to you.”

Are all of these 'boys' being publicly accused of sexual assault now? I mean, they were in the exact same era, same social groups, often the same class. It sounds like they all abused women the same way.

Why is it only one of the boys, who happens to be up for public nomination in a hyper-partisan political environment, who is suddenly highlighted for claims of sexual assault, while all the others are not?

Could it be... politically motivated???

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The dude that lived in Val Kilmer’s wall in Real Genius. Instead of being thought of as an out of place hippy, he would blend right in as a hipster.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

The dude that lived in Val Kilmer’s wall in Real Genius. Instead of being thought of as an out of place hippy, he would blend right in as a hipster.

Agreed.

He is and will always be a role model to us all.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

She's a life long Democrat Bernie supporter.

Why does this matter?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why does this matter?

Motive

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Why does this matter?

It's a pattern, Kananaugh seems to only have assaulted democrats.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

ohhhh ,Like how anyone who is a republican has motive to be a raciest right?

See how dumb that sounds?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Like I said I am neutral in this but just because only these two came forward there could be others .

They could be republicans or independents or even anarchists.

In your mind does dem /lib = bad person?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Let the FBI take a statement and when it is found to be untrue prosecute her and her lawyer for perjury. This stop the zealots from telling their lies.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This entire situation reminded me of a very prophetic movie I once saw...

this scene in particular. If the day ever comes when the events of this reality become standard, then the prophecy will have become true.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: ketsuko

Let the FBI take a statement and when it is found to be untrue prosecute her and her lawyer for perjury. This stop the zealots from telling their lies.

The problem is what are the chances they will be able to definitively prove its not true?

At the end of the day, unless there is evidence of her saying she is fabricating evidence, there is no way to deifnitively prove beyond a reasonable doubt she made it up.

Even if its not true, she could legitimately be remembering, and thus not committing a crime.

And I and other would argue that she too should have to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt before being charged with a crime, and if not, all women will be afraid to come forward.

So the incentive will remain for unethical people to make accusations up, knowing there is almost no chance of any charge ever being filed againt them.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Like I said I am neutral in this but just because only these two came forward there could be others .

They could be republicans or independents or even anarchists.

In your mind does dem /lib = bad person?

Democrats and liberals in general have morphed into something radical and unrecognizable to me in recent times.

I can remember times when democrats and republicans worked together on many things and I often found myself agreeing with democrats on things.

The party has been hijacked by radicals and extremists, I honestly don't know how to define them now, or how anyone can support them anymore.

But no democrat or liberal doesn't automatically mean "bad person" to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But no democrat or liberal doesn't automatically mean "bad person" to me

Then why does her support of bernie mater to you?

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join