It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA results - mixed feelings.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

You'll get better results from a Fortuneteller.....

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

What happened to all the Taino slaves who were taken to Europe?

Apparently there were thousands and thousands.

Not sure.
But if you bring in a foreign element like that, yeah it will show on your DNA.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Arab result on your test can easily be explained by the migration patterns of the first Europeans. To put it simply, the first people to inhabit Europe were Arab migrants from the Middle East, and their hair/eye/skin color lost some pigmentation after so many generations to adapt to the colder climate. White people are essentially just Arabs with lighter features. Same kind of concept with Native Americans. They are essentially just Asians who originally migrated from Mongolia but look somewhat different now after so many generations of climate adaptation.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

You'll get better results from a Fortuneteller.....

I did the 23 and me test. They have a web site to give you results, and let you hook up with family. At the time I did not know my older sister had done it also. Man, they connected us right away. I also had some cousins who did it and they linked us right up.

I would say it is pretty accurate.

My test was about 70 bucks. My wife did one also, and it is kid of cool to find out where you are from.

The one problem with the test is they baseline it against existing populations, not historical ones. So you only match up to people currently living in the places they pin-point you to.

They do provide some ancient DNA relics, like telling you your folks migrated out of some area 10,000 years ago, but it is not really detailed.

One thing is for sure, the advances in DNA over just the last 10 years are showing us we are all cousins, We should not be beating on our cousins.

Might take another 100 years to sink in.
edit on 17-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Native Americans are most closely tied to French DNA. Weird, huh? But the folks who migrated to France, well some of them went east and crossed the Bearing Straights.

Blue eyes is a mutation that came originally from what is now Moscow. Light skin came from a group of the central steppes of Russia.

10,000 years ago everyone in Europe had black skin.

So much for nationalism, racism and ethnic identity.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Let me assume the role - I foretell ...

Let me rather foretell nothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
On a documentary they revealed one gentleman whose DNA test came back differently. It showed that he was Not connected back to Neanderthal but his bloodline went back like 350,000 years to some unknowns.
It was really interesting

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You "gay people" got the gift, you can do this.

See the future.

Yes, but I prefer not to.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
Native Americans are most closely tied to French DNA. Weird, huh? But the folks who migrated to France, well some of them went east and crossed the Bearing Straights.

I've heard that Native Americans are essentially Mongolians with a small amount of Siberian DNA. There are so many studies that contradict each other; I don't know who/what to believe anymore.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

I have read that Native Americans don't really like to be tested as a group. I think that we should respect this.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hubby & I got some surprises too!
We did it for fun for our kids.
I was always told that I was three quarters German
& one quarter Irish. Before she died, my Grandmother
told me that we really didn't have any Irish, it was really
Native American, but my great Grandfather said he was
northern? Irish because of the prejudice around here.
My Uncle said that was a bunch of hooey, that we are
Viking!

Well, I came back a Heinz 57! Lol!
43% Great Britain. What?! 13% German, 13% Austrian.
Viking, Unc was only kidding, but he was right!
Greek, Italian, Iberian Peninsula. I can't even remember
all the other sprinklings! My relatives were apparently
very friendly!
:

Hubby came back 100%! But our oldest daughter just took
it & she came back 48% the same as hubby, but with 2%
that I don't have, that had to come from hubby. So why it
didn't show up on his, I don't know? Maybe they didn't break
his down far enough & just assumed when they saw that his
was so high?

Very interesting though!
WOQ

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

At this point, nobody is really a homogeneous group anymore; people have been travelling the world and settling in foreign lands for thousands of years now. Anybody who claims to be "pure" anything has a feeble understanding of history.
edit on 17-9-2018 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hold me brother - for 60 seconds.

Recharge my battery with love.
edit on 17-9-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The down-side of Vikinghood.

I just realized, I can't cook.

Time to start dating?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Mine came back really predictable - Norwegian and Swedish, with a tiny bit of German and Irish. So what is new, with a name like Billung?

However, as I posted before, the vikings were around 1,000 years ago, so I have very little of their actual DNA. And, having been to Norway, I can tell you that they don't really think the Vikings were all that great. Viking is actually a verb, and it means to go out and "pirate."

Every one of the Norwegians I have ever met were very kind and gentile people. They like helping each other, and think Americans are a little goofy about the way we treat each other. If you want to be a Viking, be nice, I guess.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm looking for a woman whose pan is as big as her heart.

Do you think that's OK?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Viking DNA - you're almost totally Nordic.

But, not totally.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Does it make me "boring"?

We were the original barbarians, the first people to resist empire.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I pretty much consider myself to be an American. I am descended from folks who lived in northern Europe. Big deal. My kids are descended from some western Africans and Europeans. But they are Americans.

We need to get over this fallacy of race, ethnic groups, and division. We are humans. No race here, or rather one race here.

We all came from Africa 150,000 years ago. We can still breed together, and have viable offspring. That means one species.

Science does not even have a word for race.

So get together with the folks you like, and have some fun. I mostly like Americans, because I get along with them the best. Born here. But I can party with Germans, Norwegians, Egyptians, and Greeks. I have thrown down with folks in Spain, Italy, Austria, France, Belgium, and most of Europe. I drank cheap wine in Honduras with the boys,and did shots in Panama. Don't even get me started about Brazil or Venezuela.

And there are a few part in Asia that I am not allowed to go back to because the party would never stop.

Get your world on dude. It is out there, waiting to love.
edit on 17-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Does it make me "boring"?

No, not at all.

Why would you think a bloodline makes you boring?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join