It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Build Up Bad Karma from Dreams?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
If what you meet in a simulation is not am awareness then you cannot create suffering and therefor no karma. If there is a real awareness entangled into the simulation then you can create karma.

I hope most of our dream are just us playing around with simulations.

Was just coming to post something very similar to this.
For bad karma to be generated as far as I know you have to be the cause/creator of suffering in another.
As there is only the lone dreamer running scenarios no such suffering is generated so therefore no karmic effect.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Negative, unless You "intended" to dream something abhorrent.

If You don't already, I'd recommend that You memorialize the dreams that You can recall and You'll get a 'working knowledge' of "synchronicity"...

LIFE is but a dream...

Stay Hydrated...

Best part there is also no "death"...

P.S. Enjoy Your trip...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

From Yoga Vasistha

LIFE IS A DREAM
This house known as the body has not been made by anyone in fact!

Dreams are real during the dream-state; even so the body is real when it is experienced as a real substance. The notion of 'I am this body' arises in relation to what is truly a piece of flesh with bones because of a mental predisposition; it is an illusion.

Abandon this illusion.

There are thousands of such bodies which have been brought into being by your thought-force.

When you are asleep and dreaming, you experience a body in the dream. Where does that body arise or exist?

'This is wealth.' 'This is body' and 'This is a nation' - all these are notions (conceptual thoughts). Know this to be a long dream, or a long-standing hallucination, or day-dreaming or wishful thinking.

When, by the grace of God or the Self (both are the same), you attain awakening, you will then see all this clearly.

I remarked that I was born of the mind of the Creator: Even so the world arises in the mind as a notion. In fact, even the Creator is but a notion in the cosmic mind; the world-appearance too, is a notion in the mind.

If a man resolutely seeks the source of the notions... he realizes consciousness; otherwise he experiences the illusory world-appearance again and again. For by continually entertaining notions such as 'This is it', 'This is mine' and 'This is my world', they assume the appearance of substantiality.

The permanency of the world is also an illusion: in the dream-state, what is really a brief moment is experienced by the dreamer as a life-time. In a mirage only the illusory 'water' is seen and not the substratum: Even so, in a state of ignorance one sees only the illusory world-appearance but not the substratum (consciousness).

However, when one has shed that ignorance, the illusory appearance vanishes. Even the man who is normally subject to fear is not afraid of an imaginary tiger; the wise man who knows that this world is nothing but a notion or imagination is unafraid of anything.

When one knows that the world is nothing but the appearance of one's Self (infinite consciousness), of whom need one be afraid? When one's vision is purified by inquiry, one's deluded understanding concerning the world vanishes.

When one realizes that death is inevitable to all, why will he grieve over the death of relatives or the approach of one's own end? When one realizes that everyone is sometimes prosperous and otherwise at other times, why will he be elated or depressed?

When one sees that living beings appear and disappear like ripples on the surface of consciousness, where is the cause for sorrow?

What is true is always true (what exists always exists), and what is unreal is ever unreal; where is the cause for sorrow?

Hence, one should not pin one's faith, hopes and aspirations on that which is unreal; for such hope is bondage. O Rama, do thou live in this world without entertaining any hope. What has to be done has to be done, and what is inappropriate should be given up.

Live happily and playfully in this world without considerations of desirable and undesirable. The infinite consciousness alone exists everywhere at all times.

What appears to be is but an appearance. When the appearance is realized as appearance, that which is, is realized.

Either realize 'I am not and these experiences are not mine' or know that 'I am everything' - you will be free from the lure of world-appearance. Both these attitudes are good. You will be freed form attraction and aversion (raga-dvesa).

Whatever there is in the world, in the firmament and in heaven is attained by one who has destroyed the twin forces of attraction and aversion. Whatever the ignorant man does, prompted by these forces, leads him to instant sorrow.

O Rama, for your spiritual awakening I declare again and again that this world-appearance is like a long dream.

Wake-up, wake-up... behold the Self which shines like the sun.

More here: www.theself.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Personally, I don't believe that dreams have any karmic value.

I see dreams as an personalized emotional/mental pressure relief valve of sorts.

If you examine your dreams, upon waking, over time - I thing you will find various correlates with the previous day or days in a symbolic format unique to yourself.

Dreams that you carry over the 'feeling-tone' into your first hours of the day I have always taken as important in some psychological way and are worth considering.

Then again, dreams can serve different purposes. I've had a couple prophetic dreams, dreams that prompted me to doing things (making a call, paying a bill), dreams that taught me something or asked a question of me.

But all the dreams are messages from my unconscious (and perhaps my connection to spirit) and are mostly delightful puzzles to solve.

Dreaming and listening to your dreams is for me an important component of my self-care routine. Even the scary ones tell me something.

Enjoy....

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Theself.com link blew my mind. I was playing around with that idea for a decade but to read it making it true was great.

Great link

I met the ultimate antagonist and it kicked my ass. Have been trying to recover since. I am the Protagonist and like in all movies the Antagonist always messes up the Protagonist at first... I hope it has a good ending!

edit on 17-9-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Envy You , or am Glad I am Not You . I NEVER Remember Personal Dreams . Am I Blessed or Cursed for this my Friend > ?

If you use an alarm to wake up you *should* remember what you were just dreaming. Then, take any small piece you remember and start writing them down. Eventually you will be lucid dreaming as long as you keep a dream journal. I don't remember everything on every night, but their are some nights I do remember the entire night I was dreaming AND can take conscious action in some cases.

One of my favorite things to do when I realize I am dreaming is to fly. It can be a lot of fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

To Many Visualizations there , Information Overload in my Frontal Lobes .............Uhg .

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I gotta say, I'm very surprised at how many atheist/agnostic people seem to believe in karma.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why ????

Belief in spiritual laws such as karma and reincarnation don't require belief in a "Boss God".

Karma and reincarnation are much life gravity - whether or not you believe in them, they effect you.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Why ????

Belief in spiritual laws such as karma and reincarnation don't require belief in a "Boss God".

Karma and reincarnation are much life gravity - whether or not you believe in them, they effect you.

They absolutely do not. I don't see reincarnation as a good thing.

I remember reading 'The Egg', I'm sure you are aware of it, particularly if you believe in reincarnation. While everyone was going in about how wonderful it all sounded, living every life that ever existed or will exist in this earth, all I could think of was the existential horror of it. Living for billions of billions of years, going from one life to another, never ending. All the while forgetting everything you've done, who you were and who you've loved. Some people live wonderful, loving lives while others live lives of despair, poverty, pain and suffering. I'd much prefer to be dead and gone.

I love my life. But I know if I was 'The Egg' there would be many billions of lives I'd live I'd hate.

And let's be realistic. Believing in reincarnation IS a religion. Its believing in something we have no proof of, nor any more reason to believe in that say, Christianity or Islam.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think it's great that you take your spiritual walk so seriously; like you, I have struggled greatly with my dreams. Unfortunately, at the current time most of my dreams are disturbing - sometimes terrifying on a deep & existential level. I have dreams where I'm tortured, where I fly through a dozen dimensional folds which feels like I'm being torn to pieces, I feel lost, in Hell even at times. But then I do have several dreams each month which are uplifting, inspiring, prophetic even at times. I believe that God's warriors are put through severe testing. One thing to remember is that by going through such trials, you become able to identify with people who have been severely persecuted, for example. If you are effective in your spiritual walk, you will be attacked by dark forces, that's just how it seems to be. I haven't got the full measure of the situation yet, but I feel that I'm moving gradually towards a proper understanding. Another thing to remember is that in the majority o our dreams, we are a captive audience as our mind shapes an experience for us, and perhaps, sometimes other forces are involved in shaping that experience - but we are mostly on auto-pilot, and that is by design. We turn our anxieties from waking life into a narrative memory which then prevents us from going insane due to over-burdening with stresses.

Stay strong, and fight the good fight. Hold fast to what is good, and fight your way through.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Why ????

They absolutely do not. I don't see reincarnation as a good thing.

I remember reading 'The Egg', I'm sure you are aware of it, particularly if you believe in reincarnation. While everyone was going in about how wonderful it all sounded, living every life that ever existed or will exist in this earth, all I could think of was the existential horror of it. Living for billions of billions of years, going from one life to another, never ending. All the while forgetting everything you've done, who you were and who you've loved. Some people live wonderful, loving lives while others live lives of despair, poverty, pain and suffering. I'd much prefer to be dead and gone.

I love my life. But I know if I was 'The Egg' there would be many billions of lives I'd live I'd hate.

And let's be realistic. Believing in reincarnation IS a religion. Its believing in something we have no proof of, nor any more reason to believe in that say, Christianity or Islam.

It doesn't matter at all if YOU think reincarnation is a good thing or not. It's a Spiritual Law.

Does gravity depend on whether you think is is a good thing? Does it matter whether you believe in it or not?

Reincarnation doesn't work like you portray - it's a complex subject. And I have no knowledge of "The Egg".

I cannot prove objectively whether or not it exists any more then I can prove that a "Boss God" doesn't exist. Subjectively, and based on age old teaching in many religions (including Christianity) - sorry not "The Egg", I've come to believe that these spiritual laws exist and are truly the only thing that makes any sense of this world.

If you are 'horrified' at the prospect of reincarnation, you'd best hurry up and work on awakening.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Or continue on living as I am.

After all, there are many religions in the world, all of which believe with conviction that they are the 'one true ' religion.

No one knows for certain until we die.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
a reply to: FyreByrd

Or continue on living as I am.

After all, there are many religions in the world, all of which believe with conviction that they are the 'one true ' religion.

No one knows for certain until we die.

And most, if not all, have some form of karma and reincarnation in their teachings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join