It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Startrek will always be better than Starwars.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why Startrek will always be better than Starwars.

Its not about special effects or gadgets, or other trickery. Why Startrek will always win over Starwars is essentially because its storyboils down to showing how the best attributes of humanity are able to confront; any great mystery or threat and come out otherside intact. It is a story about survival of the human spirit.

Why starwars loses is because its dark and the human spirit is constantly eroded and destroyed to the point of wondering if there is even a difference between good and evil. Its negative and all of its symbology is aligned to Satanic principles.

The reason why the original starwars was a hit was because of new ground brealing special effects and also the story outcome was incredibly optomistic with good triump over evil.

All subsequence sequels, prequels had dark outcomes. Now Disney has taken over the dark agenda is exemplified more. Starswars is not about humanity evolving into the best it can be, nor about humanity trying to find the answer to itself in the mystery of the universe out there. Starswars is about the darkness of the ego and that is why the Starwars universe started off huge and after the series of movies seems very, very small.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Star Wars has become a cash cow, nothing more.

Star Trek has also become a brandname that still generates money somehow.

The golden days of both franchises are in the past

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have always been more of a Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan because, basically, Star Wars is a sci- fantasy , like lord of the rings and such, and Star Trek is more scientific and real world scenarios based.

But, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think Star Trek will always be better for so many more reasons. Star Trek is built for expansion. It's near limitless for potential story lines. Star Wars is kind of burned out. It's pretty much a story about how the Empire can't be beat, and neither can the rebels. There's only so much you can do with that before it becomes dull and boring.

Plus, as mentioned by someone already, Star Trek is more Sci Fi while Star Wars is more Fantasy with a Sci Fi feel. So if you are partial to Sci Fi, then Star Trek is hands down the better option.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

As a Star Wars Fan, I am sad to see a once proud franchise come crashing down.

I love Star Wars because I like the idea of the supernatural existing alongside science (Ghosts alongside space travel).

But yes, I believe Star Trek is very good in its own way.

I like how both franchise covers the idea of humans in other planets (I am a strong believer that there are humans in other worlds)
edit on 9/15/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Star Wars has just had the wrong people handling it on the big screen for a long time.

Same can be said of Star Trek.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

The reason why the original starwars was a hit was because of new ground brealing special effects and also the story outcome was incredibly optomistic with good triump over evil.

All subsequence sequels, prequels had dark outcomes. Now Disney has taken over the dark agenda is exemplified more. Starswars is not about humanity evolving into the best it can be, nor about humanity trying to find the answer to itself in the mystery of the universe out there. Starswars is about the darkness of the ego and that is why the Starwars universe started off huge and after the series of movies seems very, very small.

does a movie have to be about humanity and how great it is?

star wars is awesome because it is fun.

i never got into star trek.

i watched 1 movie where spock was talking to whales. it was ok but not good enough to prompt me to watch more.

the weird thing is most people go one way or the other

not counting the people that are not into either most people lean one way or the other.

i wonder why that is?
why do you think?

they are just movies. you can enjoy and be a fan of both but most people fall only on one side.

its a strange thing

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
They are two different genres if you will.

Star Trek are morality tales and Star Wars tells the 'heroes' epic journey.

It is like trying to compare Homer's Odyessy to Aesop's Fables.

The morality tales, Star Trek, are practical measures (tactics) to be used in day to day life to good result.

While the epics, Star Wars and the Odyessy tell the lifes journey we all play out - and there is great darkness along our road that needs to be seen, acknowledged, accepted and overcome.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The Star Wars games like Knights of the Old Republic are also morality tales where protagonists have to do questionable methods as a way to solve an issue.

Some of the comics even features antiheroes.

They were gonna make a game called Star Wars 1313 which features the criminal underworld of the Star Wars Universe only for it to get axed.

While yes originally it was a fairy tale story, it expanded to include protagonists that aren't always goody goody. Just look at Rogue One.
edit on 9/15/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I like them both equally .

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Take the first 6 Star Wars movie
2 DVD players
Start 1 and 4
Then 2 and 5
Then 3 and 6

Same movies , different days

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Star Trek is story driven and doesn’t aim for the special effects and tricks to keep you entertained. The characters in Star Wars are poorly developed and the story is just bad and repetitive in nature.

Star Trek explores humanity and the best of us while Star Wars is just action without purpose and leaves one empty.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The new iterations of both suck the old ones i find good.
Truth is humans don’t overcome everything, we don’t always work together,very rarly in the end are we wholly intact. We change our views,morals,needs, and feelings over time.

Star Trek is pure fantasy so is Star Wars

I still Like Darth Vader,The Borg,Picard, and all that jazz.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I like the startrek worm hole sequence so strange.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-9-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Would love to come in here and say the following...

“Wrong

Second Line”...

But since my childhood the “prequels” came out... and while they had their moments... the sequels came out... and... well... damn it... you’re not wrong...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I personally HATE these "which is better" debates.

it is like arguing which is better, sea food or italian food.

each is different , unique and had good / bad sides.

neither is "better" or "worse" than the other

both can be badly butchered and made lousy by someone not doing it correctly.

Look I enjoy most sci fi...from verne to heinlein.....from isacc to gene to all the authors too numerous to name or remember from short stories abound.

each for its individual theme, flavor, execution, ect.

im sorry but while this star wars / star trek is old as time
the passing years dont make it any less silly or assinine

just like what you like and get over yourself.

scrounger

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am sorry to inform you but both those series/movies/shows. Were and still are inferior to star ship troopers. I mean bugs shooting lazer globs from there ass, through space, to bombard and then invade planets. Does not get any better then that.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

While I disagree I will support your right to have an opinion... even though it's wrong.

But I will say your reasoning is some of the best I've heard.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I am sorry to inform you but both those series/movies/shows. Were and still are inferior to star ship troopers. I mean bugs shooting lazer globs from there ass, through space, to bombard and then invade planets. Does not get any better then that.

Now thats funny and darn near spewed sprite over my screen.
also including a butt joke as well

well done mate.

Scrounger

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Well said! I agree! Trekkie here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join