It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman dramatically braces for Hurricane Florence while 2 guys casually stroll by

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Love these! Though makes me wonder how anyone can continue watching these horse loads!

American news broadcasts are all about pushing product - one way or another. Make people scared, by making it seem like the world is coming to an end (as illustrated by the poor reporters who can barely stand on their feet in 2 inches of water) - because scared people are good for business!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hahaha! Saw this on facebook earlier. Do they think we're really that stupid?

Yes, they do- and the sad part its, they are right for a % of the population.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I remember my grandmother explaining to me as a kid why the news is always doom and gloom. Sensationalism sells because people—and every other living creature for that matter—are wired to detect and assess threats. People won't watch good news because it's not in our biology to be attentive to lighthearted, mediocre news. If you really want to reel people in, you have to stir up a panic.

Advertisers essentially demand that the news-media outlets trigger our fight-or-flight response to gain our full attention. But is that actually profitable for them? If I'm panicking, the last thing I'm going to do is stick around for the commercials so I can see what MSG-laden culinary monstrosity Arby's has come up with this month.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if this person got orders to do that. This is Edward Burnays schtick in action. PROPAGANDA!! Social engineering in action!!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
just saw someone claiming that the guys were photoshopped in (their words). and that the original video (sans two guys walking in the background) is being shown on the weather channel. (couldn't find it myself)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hahaha! Saw this on facebook earlier. Do they think we're really that stupid?

Ummm...indeed...indeed they do...

I wonder if for a rather large percentage...they're assessment might be right...

All while leveling my..."I am not a herd animal" quip...at the easily swayed true believer...

It is kind of funny to watch...but only from a significant distance...
Got to have those degrees of separation...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I watched a documentary of a former german war reporter, some years ago. He told that, when he was in Kuwait or Iraq, if i remember right, he met a lot of other war reporters from all around the world, all drinking in a hotel far away from any threat, totally secured. Then he told that they made an appointment one day, to meet the next day and to go to the desert, to make some reports. Again, far away from any threat or war event.

So he went with them to the desert and noticed the other "journalists", how they recorded their reports in bulletproof vests, helmets and ducked down every 15-30 seconds. And he was wondering what they were doing there. Later he asked one of these guys and he told them that they later add gunshot sounds to the video, short before they duck down in the report. Before they send this videos to their editorial departments. It were war journalists from all around the world who did this.

Edit, found the video(don´t mind the guy who is telling the story there, he died as a radical rightwinger, i am not a fan of him). He starts telling this and a bit more at around 4.25, unfortunately in german:

edit on 15 9 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

At least on the today show they called her out on air

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Guys, come on...that weatherman is just showing how incredibly brave he is!!

SOMEONES GOT TO REPORT THE WEATHER!!! —says the incredibly brave weatherman in a relatively tame hurricane. Lmao.

Pay no attention to the, what must be Gods, gracing us with their presence in the background.

Ahahahhhaaahaha. Lol!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Puppylove

Such a idiot! He's even facing the wrong way..

fake weather now...we can't even trust the weatherman anymore.

lol! Could we ever?

How does that saying go? A career where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your job.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This is the poster child for ALL the news media!

It may not look that way sometimes, but every single bit of news you watch on TV is hyped up the same way, carefully edited using every illusion imaginable to amplify whatever the subject is well beyond anything real.

The Weather Channel has been doing this for years also. They are notorious for hyping of the weather, all weather, into the Apocalypse at every opportunity. I mean, why else would anyone watch the Weather Channel longer than about 2 minutes to see their local weather? They wouldn't!

It's all about DRAMA...ALL news is!

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something, something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry!

Well, I coulda' been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

We got the bubble-headed bleached-blonde
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash
With a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom
Got a running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pies
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

- Don Henly

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And they wonder why people don't trust them and evacuate?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am pretty sure if the weather guy had a Mexican sweater with a hoodie on instead of the wind breaker style, he would be pushed less by the wind. I think the issue may be finding those sweaters with the Weather Channel logo.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe there's too much soy in his tank and he is legitimately struggling with winds that those young men seem to dismiss?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
NOT YOU TOO WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!
Its bad enough having to fact check every bit of "news" a.k.a propaganda, you hear now a days, now the last bit of "wholesome" cable news networks has gone corrupt.

Its over people. Time to look into them Georgia Guide Stones.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
ZOMG! Hurricane Retard is making landfall!!

The idiot is leaning towards the way the wind is blowing. Everything about his approach is out of whack.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

They've been pumping out global warming alarmism for years. Hyping hurricanes is central to that.

Since at least 2004, when I first took note, we got 4 direct hurricanes that year. And they were key to whipping everyone into a total 'headless chicken syndrome' frenzy each time. All while running Home Depot ads and reporting live from inside Home Depot, showing us what to do (lining up all the way literally to the back of the store buying out everything possible thing that might help and was actually in stock. Brilliant methods already in place by then, such as starting the supposed hurricane tracks down at the keys, then each day the final 4 or 5 days they'd shift it up about 75 miles. It just so happened this was when those stores were totally sold out on everything. Then the track shifts up and they sell out that day. Etc. Mind you this is all while the money train of Home Debit's semi-truck fleet was trucking down extra stuff day and night from the rest of the eastern seaboard.

The next year we got a little piece of a couple others too, but they let Lowe's be the key advertiser for those from what I noticed. Fair & Balanced!!
edit on 15-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You know when the weather channel is showing a radar image saying the eyewall is in Wilmington and they have 2 reporters standing in the eyewall, it's not that windy.

The reported wind speeds are up at certain elevation for the Hurricanes now I believe. Ground wind speeds are usually a lot less and usually reported after the fact.

My area in western South Carolina they initially forecasted over 10 inches of rain and wide spread power outages. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 inches of rain now. I'm wondering if I need to do some watering in my back yard because it's getting dry out there.

I heard the Myttle Beach area is still under evacuation orders so people can't return yet. Part of I40 or other interstates in NC are underwater and or closed. Flooding and power lines and trees down across roads are real threats especially if millions of evacuees decide it's all over and return back with power out and roads closed. However they did lift evacuation orders for the outer banks I heard.
edit on 15/9/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They should just go off the deep end and hire Shep Smith, already!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It's a television production.

Dramatics makes for ratings and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join