It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most dangerous natural disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I been thinking about this for a while. But what do you believe will or could be rhe largest natural disaster to impact the entire world and its occupants. So this is where i got.

Volcano - not big enough to wipe the planet and civilaztions, biggest issue is the amount of lava

Earthquake - to centralize. Not on a plate it wont have any consequence on you.

Hurricane - again to centralized unless it was so big it would cover a gigantic area and didnt lose stre

Tsunamis- once again to centralized.

Tornado - think this would be impossible.

So what natural disaster do you think is the most dangerous to our existence.

Side question - whats a good weather watching software, or weather station you can assemble from home which will give you images, etc etc

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

giant asteroid - nothing beats giant asteroid for " game over " destruction

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
I been thinking about this for a while. But what do you believe will or could be rhe largest natural disaster to impact the entire world and its occupants. So this is where i got.

Volcano - not big enough to wipe the planet and civilaztions, biggest issue is the amount of lava

that all depends on the volcano that goes off. some volcanoes that have gone off in the past are thought by science to have had devastating effects that have affected the whole planet. like Krakatoa. which not only destroyed the volcano and surrounding area. but caused tsunamis. and is said to have cooled the earth. then while we don't have information due to it not going off in known history, you have the Corregidor Caldera. which has a base of 4km. and it's "rim" is some islands, one of which was a major military outpost in ww2. just think of the tsunamis created by it when it went off. as well as all the ash and soot it put in the air. then you have super volcanoes like Yellowstone. which is about 55X72 km. and if it were to go off with a bang would destroy and damage a fair amount of the US and Canada. and would have huge effects on global temperature.

in fact volcanoes are one of the things they like to blame the extinction of dinosaurs on. another natural disaster you have not mentioned that you also see that blame put on is meteor strikes. which again would have similar effects of large volcanoes changing the temperatures world wide.

and yet another natural disaster that would have world wide effects are things with the sun. dimming and causing a mass cool off, of becoming more powerful and causing a great heat up of the earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2018 by generik because: wow quadriple post

link   

edit on 12-9-2018 by generik because: wow quadriple post

link   

edit on 12-9-2018 by generik because: dbl post

link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Perhaps a major solar flame.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Gamma ray burst in < 9000 lightyears distance.
Insta-death.
Luckily, there are no known candidates.

Earthly problems? Supervulcano, followed by its nuclear winter for 2-3 years.
Near insta-death for all flora, then fauna, then humanity.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So what natural disaster do you think is the most dangerous to our existence.

DBCowboy, Flyingclaydisk and that bloke with the sweaty armpits in an old 80s Hawaien shirt and dodgy hat that looked like something out of a crap movie starring a wanker called Brad Pitt that I never met in Las Vegas offering me cheap shovels who said his name was Augustus...

ALL farting of course at the same time after having swallowed a couple of buckets of 5 day old shelled oysters for a cunning and daring 5 dollar/Euro bet after swigging down 2 litres of 70% proof medical ethanol each...

Erm... Talking about that... Which one of you is going to pay my bill for the liver transplant please?

Thanking you all in advance and well done OP.

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 12-9-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap at spellingand this is humour...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Has anyone read about the 1918 flu that killed over a hundred million people (or 3 to 6% of the population) between the ages of 21 and 29 years of age ? Besides of all the other things thought of, some super bug or virus can certainly do a big bad deal for humanity. youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The great flood.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2018 by szino9 because: 727 beat me to it almost word by word so never mind

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

wow my net is so slow you beat me to it like 5 minutes...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Has anyone read about the 1918 flu that killed over a hundred million people (or 3 to 6% of the population) between the ages of 21 and 29 years of age ? Besides of all the other things thought of, some super bug or virus can certainly do a big bad deal for humanity. youtu.be...

I hope the Spanish flu does not hit the planet again!?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Some good thoughts. Wouldnt a super volcani hold enough lava to cover the globe?

The pandemic is interesting but it would be man nade not natural?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog

Incorrect.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Betelgeuse going nova and producing a directional jet which sterilizes our galaxy.

It will all end in fire.

edit on 12/9/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

(nom-nom-nom-nom) (glug-glug-glug).....(burrrrrrrp!) "Ahhhhhh, much better now!

Get ready for it!!"

The Great Brown Cloud of Doom!

ETA...If you want to double the destruction, throw some pickled eggs in the mix too!

edit on 9/12/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I would say a CME , not because of the initial damage , but more of the effects from it.

Losing our elektric grid and all infrastructures connected to it would be total anarchy.

Billions of people would fight for survival.

That scares me more then a asteroid , wich is a relative quick death.
edit on 12-9-2018 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Lagomorphe

(nom-nom-nom-nom) (glug-glug-glug).....(burrrrrrrp!) "Ahhhhhh, much better now!

Get ready for it!!"

The Great Brown Cloud of Doom!

ETA...If you want to double the destruction, throw some pickled eggs in the mix too!

Please. If I haven't done it with my twitchy gut and the horrors I have visited on the sewage system- you ain't got a prayer, yo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join