It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Uploaded?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The internet is our collective subconscious. It’s where we go to look up things we both do and don’t talk about in public. Have a fetish? We go to the internet to research it. Have a fear? We go to the internet to take a peek at it. Have an obsession? There’s no easier place to feed it.

We like things and dislike things on social media and forums all the while it’s being stored and documented in the cloud. I don’t think it’s as much an individualistic capture of the data as much as it is a hive like mentality that’s being captured. What do the masses like? What do the masses think?

What’s scary to me is when we start ramping up Artificial Intelligence. It’s going to tap into the internet/cloud and think we are all a bunch of illiterate perverts who secretly like to watch gory videos right along with cute animal videos. Mankind will use the information stored on the internet for power and money. The true depth of all that data, however, I don’t think humans can handle.

It’s too much, to expansive, too chaotic. It will take a machine like AI to be able to unpack it all in any sense. Now, the really scary part is how we as humans create AI to interact with all this. Meaning...we’re writing the code, setting the rules of it, etc..etc..if we don’t do it right, then AI will have a terrifying grasp on our collective subconscious.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There is no such thing as 'The Cloud'.

The question about being 'uploaded' is an interesting one, though. When we consider our use of mobile phones we are already acting like cyborgs (as Elon Musk pointed out). We open the phone and access information instead of having to remember/know the information.

Musk points out that the future of AI could be the connection of information directly to the brain - i.e. you no longer have to look at the phone.. the information would already be accessible by thought/the brain with a direct interface. Imagine being asked a question and having the entire internet immediately available in your head to answer... Musk actually says he's working on such an interface. Now what gets particularly scary is if the connection is 2-way... thoughts uploaded. Then you get a hive mind.

edit on 12/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The question about being 'uploaded' is an interesting one, though. When we consider our use of mobile phones we are already acting like cyborgs (as Elon Musk pointed out). We open the phone and access information instead of having to remember/know the information.

Musk points out that the future of AI could be the connection of information directly to the brain - i.e. you no longer have to look at the phone.. the information would already be accessible by thought/the brain with a direct interface. Imagine being asked a question and having the entire internet immediately available in your head to answer... Musk actually says he's working on such an interface. Now what gets particularly scary is if the connection is 2-way... thoughts uploaded. Then you get a hive mind.

Admittedly, You have a much better grasp on this topic than I do. That’s clear with your evaluation of it compared to mine.
Well said!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i liked everything you said and i liked your smile
))

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: trickykittyyy

Check out "Sentient World Simulation".

Also, I remember seeing an article years ago about a computer/program that was supposed to create a mirror "node" for every person on the planet. This computers purpose was to take information gathered from the "electronic world" and was stored on this computer to create mirrored electronic versions of us. Perhaps it was the above but I can not find that article anywhere now......

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seriously - don't worry about it.

Some people have toooo much time on their hands and not enough physical outlets in their lives. The result is rather stifling forum members.

Keep posting, don't worry if you get it wrong, don't worry if someone doesn't like your style - after all, what are the chances that you'd meet the naysayers in real life and respect their opinion? Therefore unless they can give you criticism constructively then ignore, ignore, ignore.

Welcome to ATS - sometimes a horror, sometimes a heaven.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

lmfao
i upload NOTHING to anything online.

i use hard drives. that i own.

i turn off all syncs, turn off all automatic uploads, etc.

every 2 days, i hook up phone up to my pc, and transfer the photos, data, my text messages, etc. then i erase the phone so it has room.

been doing that my whole life.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The cloud is a term made up for marketing to gullible people.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: trickykittyyy

But now you have two threads to monitor... I replied in your other one.

Ugh. I'm sorry guys!! Very new to this site and just wanted to make sure it was seen. I really didn't think the conspiracy fans would look in the computer area. I dunno if there's an area where it shows new threads or what..? But I do apologize, just wanted it to be read by both crowds and didn't think it would be found by conspirators if I didn't put it there too.

Understood... but the mods may take one down..( just so you are prepared.)
There is a new thread tab which most people use. It’s pretty quiet at this time, don’t expect your thread to get much feedback till tomorrow.... but it will !

There have been similar threads here, and they always draw a lot of comments.

I would gladly take one down now if I knew how. Newbie mistake. I didn't really explore much, just wanted to get my thoughts out there and now I feel like an idiot. lol Is there a way I can remove one myself?

Don’t feel like an idiot... please... you seem like a very bright girl and you explained your reasoning and it made sense. If it’s before 4 hours you can edit and just delete title and post, but you can’t delete other posts. If you can alert a mod, they’ll do it for you. Under your user name on the thread you want to press the little green icon man. You’ll get a list of options. Press “alert mod” and explain to them why you goofed on two threads.

They are very understanding ( especially with newbs) and they’ll be happy to help you out.

Thank you, I have done both of those and feel better now.

Awesome ! 😊

Now back to your fascinating topic !

Thanks for posting it, and I’m sure you’ll get lots of replies.

I have my camera covered on my phone for this very reason. I’ll expand more later.

I've been wanting to figure out what to do with the microphone as well. I don't really use my phone for making calls as I run off of Wi-Fi and have home phone. I almost wanna try to figure out how to open up my phone and remove it.

And I do believe that they are using it for the marketing stuff too. It is just very strange to me how so much of us is being recorded against our will and how so many people are unaware of their apps permissions or even knowing what The Cloud is. Or why it synced up my stuff without me grating it my permission to do so.

And the whole article about the rabbit minds being uploaded was like the cherry on top.

What exactly are the rabbit minds ?

On a side note.. I have to tell you a funny story. Since becoming aware that this could be done , I’ve come to start talking into my phone to a made up character called Dr. Nobody 😆😂. This is mostly to entertain those that may or may not be on the receiving end of these one way conversations. I wonder how the I cloud stores those, so far I haven’t had any adds for psych meds. 😂. It started as a joke and in the odd moments it was rather cathartic. Makes me wonder if anyone was actually ever listening at some point. 😏

Anyhoo, don’t know why I felt the need to share that, but its one of my guilty little pleasures.😜

Here is the link the article about the rabbit minds.

www.theguardian.com...

That is too funny that you have a name for the listeners. I love that. I talk to them too, mostly just asking what they want.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Great Thread S&F. I feel about the same on most of that. I use a laptop now, taped camera, linux only. Never heard about the rabbit.

As far as getting your apps through goo... You can root your phone and install "custom firmware".

If you don't want to go full tilt with it though you CAN get and install apps without going through the Play Store.
APPS

Strange times for sure.
-Driver

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

But now you have two threads to monitor... I replied in your other one.

Ugh. I'm sorry guys!! Very new to this site and just wanted to make sure it was seen. I really didn't think the conspiracy fans would look in the computer area. I dunno if there's an area where it shows new threads or what..? But I do apologize, just wanted it to be read by both crowds and didn't think it would be found by conspirators if I didn't put it there too.

Understood... but the mods may take one down..( just so you are prepared.)
There is a new thread tab which most people use. It’s pretty quiet at this time, don’t expect your thread to get much feedback till tomorrow.... but it will !

There have been similar threads here, and they always draw a lot of comments.

I would gladly take one down now if I knew how. Newbie mistake. I didn't really explore much, just wanted to get my thoughts out there and now I feel like an idiot. lol Is there a way I can remove one myself?

Don’t feel like an idiot... please... you seem like a very bright girl and you explained your reasoning and it made sense. If it’s before 4 hours you can edit and just delete title and post, but you can’t delete other posts. If you can alert a mod, they’ll do it for you. Under your user name on the thread you want to press the little green icon man. You’ll get a list of options. Press “alert mod” and explain to them why you goofed on two threads.

They are very understanding ( especially with newbs) and they’ll be happy to help you out.

Thank you, I have done both of those and feel better now.

Awesome ! 😊

Now back to your fascinating topic !

Thanks for posting it, and I’m sure you’ll get lots of replies.

I have my camera covered on my phone for this very reason. I’ll expand more later.

I've been wanting to figure out what to do with the microphone as well. I don't really use my phone for making calls as I run off of Wi-Fi and have home phone. I almost wanna try to figure out how to open up my phone and remove it.

And I do believe that they are using it for the marketing stuff too. It is just very strange to me how so much of us is being recorded against our will and how so many people are unaware of their apps permissions or even knowing what The Cloud is. Or why it synced up my stuff without me grating it my permission to do so.

And the whole article about the rabbit minds being uploaded was like the cherry on top.

What exactly are the rabbit minds ?

On a side note.. I have to tell you a funny story. Since becoming aware that this could be done , I’ve come to start talking into my phone to a made up character called Dr. Nobody 😆😂. This is mostly to entertain those that may or may not be on the receiving end of these one way conversations. I wonder how the I cloud stores those, so far I haven’t had any adds for psych meds. 😂. It started as a joke and in the odd moments it was rather cathartic. Makes me wonder if anyone was actually ever listening at some point. 😏

Anyhoo, don’t know why I felt the need to share that, but its one of my guilty little pleasures.😜

Here is the link the article about the rabbit minds.

www.theguardian.com...

That is too funny that you have a name for the listeners. I love that. I talk to them too, mostly just asking what they want.

Thanks for the info trickykityyy ! I’m happy to hear I’m not the only one who talks to “spies” 😆

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes I believe we are in some form or the other.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Z32Driver

Great Thread S&F. I feel about the same on most of that. I use a laptop now, taped camera, linux only. Never heard about the rabbit.

As far as getting your apps through goo... You can root your phone and install "custom firmware".

If you don't want to go full tilt with it though you CAN get and install apps without going through the Play Store.
APPS

Strange times for sure.
-Driver

Is Linux a web browser? I've seen that name in my phone since I began trying to take what steps I could figure out how to do. I knew nothing about protecting myself and my phone from anything until a few days ago. I'm only now learning about VPNs and IPs . Rooting is something I know nothing about. I would have no idea how to do that, but want to if it helps my new found paranoia.

Here is the link to the article I found about the rabbit minds being uploaded.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 09/12/2018 by trickykittyyy because: Adding information

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: UKTruth

Admittedly, You have a much better grasp on this topic than I do. That’s clear with your evaluation of it compared to mine.
Well said!

Both of your responses were fantastic.
I like the different perspectives.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Z32Driver

APPS

Strange times for sure.
-Driver

Is Linux a web browser? I've seen that name in my phone since I began trying to take what steps I could figure out how to do. I knew nothing about protecting myself and my phone from anything until a few days ago. I'm only now learning about VPNs and IPs . Rooting is something I know nothing about. I would have no idea how to do that, but want to if it helps my new found paranoia.

Here is the link to the article I found about the rabbit minds being uploaded.

www.theguardian.com...

I understand your paranoia OP, as I lived a few years with the same one, until I decided to not care anymore. If they want to watch, let them watch and listen. It will all fall back on their heads at some point. Everyone has to face judgement at some point, in my opinion.

Don’t let them get to you ! Enjoy your life and offer them well wishes over your phone.😆.. that’s the way to beat them at their own game.

Just my opinion of course, but I hate to see you all worried about this.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

lmfao
i upload NOTHING to anything online.

i use hard drives. that i own.

i turn off all syncs, turn off all automatic uploads, etc.

every 2 days, i hook up phone up to my pc, and transfer the photos, data, my text messages, etc. then i erase the phone so it has room.

been doing that my whole life.

What about those of us who are not tech savvy ? Should we just abandon our smart phones ? 😕

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I like to think of myself as something more than just the data I generate, but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You can try turning your phone off and they can still here you.
Then try going outside with no phone and guess what. They can still here you!

The technology is amazing and can save your life if someone is planning on doing you in and shouldn't be feared.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

The technology is amazing and can save your life if someone is planning on doing you in and shouldn't be feared.

Not sure how that would work 🤔. I guess if someone is using their phone to plan a hit, LE could find a way to stop it.
But how do we know gangs don’t use the technology as well to target their victims, and plan a scenario with lethal repercussions ?

I have no problem with LE ( to some extent) listening in , if it’s done legally and for honourable purposes.
It’s the bad apples in whatever gangs, or alphabet agencies that I have a problem with. Oh well, like I said I believe we all have a day of judgement , and many will realize how important mercy is.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Trucker1

Not sure how that would work 🤔. I guess if someone is using their phone to plan a hit, LE could find a way to stop it.
But how do we know gangs don’t use the technology as well to target their victims, and plan a scenario with lethal repercussions ?

I have no problem with LE ( to some extent) listening in , if it’s done legally and for honourable purposes.
It’s the bad apples in whatever gangs, or alphabet agencies that I have a problem with. Oh well, like I said I believe we all have a day of judgement , and many will realize how important mercy is.

I'm sure gangs use the tech to do their deeds. Everyone in the good old boys club gets passed over though. Snicker! Snicker!
As well as those who are deeply loved by one in the good old boys club.

I've found it best just not to piss off the wrong people and that's pretty much it. Don't rock the boat and it will sail smoothly.
Evil people are capable of great love even beyond that of Christ himself so never judge people.
There are people on this earth that can add misery upon misery to your life if you cross them.
So don't cross them. Be careful what you say as you never know what one is listening and what harm they can do. Just be thankful that someone gives a damn about you and that is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join