It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBQ Becky at a black geeks comic con

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i love it. this is funny and it seems everyone got the joke and nobody started crying with their SJW bull#.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

When a group of black cosplayers decided to pose for a group photo at DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, some of them didn’t expect an interloper to join them. Members of the Black Geeks of DragonCon Facebook group showed up at the convention dressed as heroes Green Lantern, Black Panther and Captain America, among others. But one woman slipped into the photo dressed up as, well, if not a villain, then at least an unsympathetic character: “BBQ Becky.”

She was concerned that dressing as “BBQ Becky” might come across as glorifying the woman, but she was invited to the shoot by a friend who is a member of Black Geeks of DragonCon.
“For the photo shoot, I was adamant that the organizers give permission for ... me to be there as BBQ Becky because I didn’t want to actually crash the event,” she said. “Even with permission, I was nervous going out to the photo shoot. I didn’t know how it would be received at DragonCon in general and specifically at that event.”
Rose waited until the shoot was underway before she stepped into a shot with her phone already to her ear.

i think that is hilarious. all in good fun. just a joke. no need for people to lose their #.

i say good on everyone there

“Once people noticed I was there, people were laughing and cheering and clapping. Everyone seemed to immediately get the joke,” she said.

check out Killmonger behind her

hahahahahahah

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok. I'm the idiot in the room. Can you tell me who BBQ Becky is, or do I have to google it?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OK, Googled it.

OMG That is funny! How great that they all had a sense of humor about it!
But what do you want to bet, someone who wasn't there, is going to raise hell about it?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
OK, Googled it.

OMG That is funny! How great that they all had a sense of humor about it!
But what do you want to bet, someone who wasn't there, is going to raise hell about it?

that would be fantastic in a different way

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

do I have to google it?

OK, Googled it.

Corporate brand names are not verbs. Just like a piece of tissue paper is not called Kleenex.
Defeat the brainwashing. It is called doing a web search, not googling it.

But yea, I guess this was funny.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

pretty common to say you are going to google something these days.

its 2018.

a piece of tissue is not a kleenex but a lot of people refer to it as that.

just like a bandage is not a band aid but damn near everyone calls it a band aid

unreal

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
right. And the irony is not lost on me that on a discussion board that laments the power of brainwashing and propaganda, that the general population, and the members who even lament the same concepts unwittingly make those brands more powerful by speaking and writing in such a manner.

Whatever though, I am just a crazy ape ranting on the level of a grammar nazi. What do I know?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
right. And the irony is not lost on me that on a discussion board that laments the power of brainwashing and propaganda, that the general population, and the members who even lament the same concepts unwittingly make those brands more powerful by speaking and writing in such a manner.

Whatever though, I am just a crazy ape ranting on the level of a grammar nazi. What do I know?

i guess.

you see brainwashing and propaganda and i see # just becoming common or popular to say.

this is nothing new

if you dont know this you should but it dont matter.
we see what we see

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And I will bet you more often than not, it is Band-Aid bandages in peoples homes. But you know, its not the power of brand marketing or anything...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i have no proof but i would suspect you are wrong on that.
definitely not in my house.

cheap # baby. no name band aids(bandages)

not kleenex brand either. cheap.

and since this is apparently the topic now if that person above used google for their web search then they did google it didnt they?

either way this picture was funny. i dont really want to piss on my own thread anymore with this crap so im done with it but feel free to keep on
edit on 11-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I had to look her up as well.
But that is effin funny!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Whats a band-aid?

Johnson & Johnson told me not to trust sharks.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Whats a band-aid?

Johnson & Johnson told me not to trust sharks.

are you sure that is a shark and not a large fish or a small whale?

just dont want you to be brainwashed

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You know whats funny - if she wanted to be there she should have put on some sort of black face paint - for the sake of consistency.

A black Geek dressed as Captain America is going too far

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
if she wanted to be there she should have put on some sort of black face paint - for the sake of consistency.

definitely would have been some crying there.

anytime any white person dons the black face it is a big time racist no no no

only white face is acceptable

we all know this

i like her joke just how it was though.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

not a large fish or a small whale?

LOL

just dont want you to be brainwashed

Na - there are 70 channels on TV so I have choice................................

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Photo Bomb Level: EXPERT!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What is really funny, is that I called it by it's corporate name, but it isn't the search engine I actually have on my computer.

And since you went there with me. Tissue paper is not a tissue. It is the paper you most commonly use in gift bags. Not the thing you wipe your nose with, AKA a tissue.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

do I have to google it?

OK, Googled it.

Corporate brand names are not verbs. Just like a piece of tissue paper is not called Kleenex.
Defeat the brainwashing. It is called doing a web search, not googling it.

But yea, I guess this was funny.

You sure are triggered pretty hard about a few words. And derailed the thread for almost a page.

Talk about brain washing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
SO I did not actually eat Taco Bell today, I was actually Taco Belling??

It does not matter if he used Google search. He did not google anything. He did a web search on Google's search engine. There was no act of committing a google, because that is not something real. It is a knee jerk brand loyalty statement drilled into the psyche by the power of marketing.

When is the last time someone said "bing it! yahoo it! duckduckgo it! altavista it!" ????

I got gas at Wawa, but I did not go Wawaing nor did I Wawa my car.

the joke is still hilarious. im just being an ass.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join