It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leslie Moonves out as CBS CEO after sexual harassment allegations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves will leave his post, following several allegations of sexual misconduct that spanned much of his career.

The allegations came from 12 women in two New Yorker articles by reporter Ronan Farrow.

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves is leaving his post following numerous allegations of sexual misconduct that spanned much of his career, the company announced on Sunday evening.

CBS announced Moonves will depart as chairman, president and chief executive officer "effective immediately."

The allegations against Moonves were brought to light in a New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow in August in which six women accused Moonves of sexual misconduct and damaging their careers. A second New Yorker article by Farrow published on Sunday contained allegations by six more women. Moonves denied the allegations and characterized his relationships with some of the women as consensual.

Ronan Farrow is the same reporter that said NBC was threatening him to drop the Weinsten story.

CBS has been investigating the allegations against Moonves since they were published in the New Yorker article in August.

In a statement following CBS's announcement of his departure, Moonves denied the allegations against him.

"Untrue allegations from decades ago are now being made against me that are not consistent with who I am," he said. "I am deeply saddened to be leaving the company. I wish nothing but the best for the organization, the newly comprised board of directors and all of its employees."

The company said in its announcement that "Moonves and CBS will donate $20 million to one or more organizations that support the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace." The $20 million will come out of any severance Moonves may receive following the CBS investigation.

What are your thoughts, ATS?

I'm not going to jump in conclusions and say he's guilty, investigations are ongoing and I hope they find out the true.

The thing is, women who were abused are now fearless to come forward and point fingers to what they suffered. This is good and I hope all these rapists pay for what they did to them.

Interesting read as well with a few correlations.

There is more to Elites "Sexual Misconduct" than we are told
edit on 10/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
[

I'm not going to jump in conclusions and say he's guilty, investigations are ongoing and I hope they find out the true.

The thing is, women who were abused are now fearless to come forward and point fingers to what they suffered. This is good and I hope all these rapists pay for what they did to them.

Howard Stern is having a field day with this.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
Worth bringing up
There's pics of him with the CLintons and Obama on images
A huge wiki page on cbs
Just doing his own wiki now

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ronan Farrow. "As Leslie Moonves Negotiates His Exit from CBS, Women Raise New Assault and Harassment Claims". The New Yorker. Retrieved 9 September 2018. Six additional women are now accusing Moonves of sexual harassment or assault in incidents that took place between the nineteen-eighties and the early aughts. They include claims that Moonves forced them to perform oral sex on him, that he exposed himself to them without their consent, and that he used physical violence and intimidation against them. A number of the women also said that Moonves retaliated after they rebuffed him, damaging their careers.

So , he's denying being a rapist , but due to an" independent investigation" , he is now paying twenty million dollars to the metoo movement .
Sounds like a lot to pay , so are all his victims of age , and maybe we should be asking #WHOTOO as well

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves will leave his post, following several allegations of sexual misconduct that spanned much of his career.

The allegations came from 12 women in two New Yorker articles by reporter Ronan Farrow.

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves is leaving his post following numerous allegations of sexual misconduct that spanned much of his career, the company announced on Sunday evening.

CBS announced Moonves will depart as chairman, president and chief executive officer "effective immediately."

The allegations against Moonves were brought to light in a New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow in August in which six women accused Moonves of sexual misconduct and damaging their careers. A second New Yorker article by Farrow published on Sunday contained allegations by six more women. Moonves denied the allegations and characterized his relationships with some of the women as consensual.

Ronan Farrow is the same reporter that said NBC was threatening him to drop the Weinsten story.

CBS has been investigating the allegations against Moonves since they were published in the New Yorker article in August.

In a statement following CBS's announcement of his departure, Moonves denied the allegations against him.

"Untrue allegations from decades ago are now being made against me that are not consistent with who I am," he said. "I am deeply saddened to be leaving the company. I wish nothing but the best for the organization, the newly comprised board of directors and all of its employees."

The company said in its announcement that "Moonves and CBS will donate $20 million to one or more organizations that support the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace." The $20 million will come out of any severance Moonves may receive following the CBS investigation.

Interesting read as well with a few correlations.

There is more to Elites "Sexual Misconduct" than we are told

I'd say if he stepped down then that's a strong indication that there is physical evidence against him.

Someone equally as pitiful will likely take over.

This also lends a lot more cred to the Ronan Farrow story about NBC.

I think we are going to continue to see fallout from this.....some huge names have already gone down and seem to be quickly forgotten which is concerning.
edit on 9/10/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Rumor is he will get 100 million if he leaves. Just one of the things that point to why the country is screwed up.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Yes. I understand he stepping down while the investigation is not complete, would damage the image of the company.

But paying 20$ million dollars to the movement reaaaally makes them look guilty.

The world is screwed up man.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

.some huge names have already gone down and seem to be quickly forgotten which is concerning.

Time named Burke, among a group of other prominent female activists dubbed "the silence breakers", as the Time Person of the Year for 2017.[14]
Tarana Burke

All there is on wiki concerning Financial Support for #metoo :

Financial support In September 2018, CBS announced that it, together with former CEO Moonves, would be donating $20 million to organizations that support #MeToo.[389][390]

It is asked whether it is possible that blackmail works better when it comes with a public kick in the nuts at the same time? Ie there was a CEO of the BBC when Saville was there

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Not off the back of a conviction , but result of an 'independent' investigation : very odd , co-sponsored arrangements

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow do kneejerks even bother to get the facts anymore?

The worst allegations is that he threw a lady against a wall and kissed her....and he asked a mousse to massage his junk 25 years ago before he was hired.

This is nothing more than corporate restaffing while saving money.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

No.

There are allegations of he forcing oral sex.

As I said, investigation is ongoing. You want to clear him already from all charges?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The worst allegations is that he threw a lady against a wall and kissed her....and he asked a mousse to massage his junk 25 years ago before he was hired.

Unless they get out of the $100MM payment, I dont think they will be saving any money on this.

My guess is that is the worst PUBLIC allegation.

A person in his position that has been there for decades doesn't just step down over a 25 year old allegation.

There is definitely more to this, but I doubt it will ever be public knowledge.

I'd also guess he is doing this to avoid a very public lawsuit against him that would cause major damage to CBS.

A person in his role doesn't just roll over and quit unless there is something of substantial consequence at stake. They have the money to fight it. Someone bigger than him likely told him to call it quits.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Unless they get out of the $100MM payment, I dont think they will be saving any money on this.

A person in his position that has been there for decades doesn't just step down over a 25 year old allegation.

I'd also guess he is doing this to avoid a very public lawsuit against him that would cause major damage to CBS.

A person in his role doesn't just roll over and quit unless there is something of substantial consequence at stake. They have the money to fight it. Someone bigger than him likely told him to call it quits.

srry i do not agree...

I have been paying attention to the meetoo nd it is all bs.

The dude would be in jail if he committed crimes.

You should not jump so far in your faith of the system that has proven to be a failure.

Did you miss argentas statement? phase too of the me2 movement "tell your STORIES regardless of your past". In other words lie if you have too.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No.

As I said, investigation is ongoing. You want to clear him already from all charges?

I have not heard that reported.

How old are the allegations and define forced.

The thing about that ole line is that women have a very sharp defense against being forced into such. Unless they find teeth marks then if it even happened then perhaps forced is not the correct term and persuaded may work better to describe any such event where a so called victim decides years or even decades later that they are a victim.

The lack of formal charges tells you everything you need to know.

When there is evidence of a crime then the police arrest people.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

srry i do not agree...

I have been paying attention to the meetoo nd it is all bs.

The dude would be in jail if he committed crimes.

You should not jump so far in your faith of the system that has proven to be a failure.

Did you miss argentas statement? phase too of the me2 movement "tell your STORIES regardless of your past". In other words lie if you have too.

Oh...dont get me wrong. The Metoo thing is ridiculous to me.

I think this guy had to have something MUCH bigger against him to be stepping down.

$100MM will buy a LOT of attorneys fees.

I dont think CBS would do this if there weren't something really damning behind the allegations.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Rumor is he will get 100 million if he leaves. Just one of the things that point to why the country is screwed up.

$100 million?

That's not severance pay, that's an annual operating budget for a major company. That's a mega lottery winner!

Apparently sexual harassment pays well at the executive levels.

edit on 10-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why women are making these allegations through reporters/media and not straight to the police or lawyers at the least? Is it about money or justice?
I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy myself, maybe considered old school these days but hey.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Moonves had also recently signed an intricate new contract, a document of more than 75 pages that meticulously outlined the conditions under which CBS could fire him “for cause” and thereby prevent him from receiving a severance package, or whether he could resign “for ‘good reason’” and walk away with a payoff estimated to be as much as $200 million. Furthermore, Moonves appeared to be the last line of defense as Shari Redstone, whose family owns nearly 80 percent of CBS’s voting shares, has repeatedly plotted how she would, or could, recombine the company with her family’s other significant media asset, Viacom. Twice in the the past few years, Shari has tried to re-merge CBS and Viacom, despite the fact that her father, Sumner Redstone, famously split them apart in 2006. Whereas the fates of many previous men had been determined by popular sentiment or by managerial protocol, Moonves’s destiny appeared to be in the hands of lawyers and executives. The CBS board hired two prestigious law firms, Debevoise & Plimpton and Covington & Burling, to conduct a detailed investigation into the allegations

www.vanityfair.com...

Corporate games.

It was claimed that moonves supposedly made a doctor watch him please himself. It is strange cause most people just leave the room when i try it.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Never, ever trust a grown man named Leslie.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No.

I have not heard that reported.

How old are the allegations and define forced.

The thing about that ole line is that women have a very sharp defense against being forced into such. Unless they find teeth marks then if it even happened then perhaps forced is not the correct term and persuaded may work better to describe any such event where a so called victim decides years or even decades later that they are a victim.

The lack of formal charges tells you everything you need to know.

When there is evidence of a crime then the police arrest people.

Then on Sunday, the New Yorker published claims against Moonves by six more women. Some alleged he forced them to perform oral sex on him, forcibly kissed them, exposed himself to unwilling participants and put the careers of those that rebuffed his advances in jeopardy.

Fox News

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join