It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Sharp on Mars - Covered with ice or has remains of a Glacier.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Looking at images of Mount Sharp on Mars, I get the impression it has remains of a Glacier and maybe is covered with ice.

In this enhanced image it seems to be covered with ice.

Link to Source

This images shows a much lighter colored section of the mountain that could be a glacier.

Would NASA tell us if it was? I think not. Don't want to start a "ice rush" to Mars by other countries. Got to keep it secret so the US can build their base there. Right?

Mount Sharp, Mars

edit on 8-9-2018 by LookingAtMars because: Link to Source

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

why not post the original?
as far as I know the origionals aren't true colour photos to begin with,then having someone alter/enhance them to suit their theory just confuses things further.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

There is a original under the first pic. The 3d down is an original with a link at the bottom of the post.

ETA - Added link in OP to source of first image.

So Rikku, how was the image altered to suit the OP?

edit on 8-9-2018 by LookingAtMars because: add

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Would NASA tell us if it was? I think not. Don't want to start a "ice rush" to Mars by other countries. Got to keep it secret so the US can build their base there. Right?

Why would this one location that,you allege to have ice or glaciers be hidden while NASA and the ESA have publicized multiple locations on Mars where ice is known to exist as well as publicizing evidence of liquid water? It sounds like some serious cognitive dissonance.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There is a big difference between a lake deep under Mars and an easily accessible glacier on the side of a mountain.

Please post a link to "publicizing evidence of liquid water" currently on Mars.

It sounds like some serious cognitive dissonance

Maybe you didn't notice what forum this in? No need for insults.

edit on 8-9-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

NASA seems to like to shroud Mars in as much mystery as they possibly can. Look at that third image- Does it not look like pools of water in the near foreground? looks like a river in the middle, there as well.

Now, your fourth image.. it looks just like any mud flats I've seen.. and so help me- what looks like an astronaut walking down the hill up in the top right hand corner.
It's more than likely Pareidolia- but good grief, he's detailed. I can see helmet, backpack... something that looks like an upside down V vest...

Anyways, back to the 'water', or what looks an awful lot like water. Remember how long it took those supposed eggheads to admit that that one of the rovers was caked in good ol' mud, and stopped trying to blame it on some ridiculous 'chemical process'? They'd come up with some 'process' for the ice and frost as well- and look how long that EVERY Mars image was gonna be red- red sky, red ground, red everything, before they stopped doing that, and pictures come with that nice blueish sky, or at least as blue as you'd probably get?

They'll turn green before they admit there's water there in straight on puddles.

EDIT: Ok- someone DID turn green admitting there's water there. Ha!
edit on 8-9-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
NASA and the ESA have publicized multiple locations on Mars where ice is known to exist as well as publicizing evidence of liquid water?

Whose arm got twisted for them to admit that? I missed it, myself. Did someone have to put the head scientist in a head lock and give him noogies till he squealed?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

They have admitted to what they think my be water ice in a few places. Publicizing evidence of current liquid water on Mars, I missed that one too.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

They make raw color image data hard for the average person to look at. They want you to see the pictures how they present them only.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

They make raw color image data hard for the average person to look at. They want you to see the pictures how they present them only.

Which is a shame- because once the red is balanced out like it should be (and yes, there's a threshold, you'll find it when you hit it)- the pictures are stunning.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have eye problems
I cant see it...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

According to what we have been TOLD about Mars there is ice but it is below the surface and surface ice can not survive since Mars has almost no magnetic field to protect it's surface which mean's that hard radiation then bombards the surface so that any water or water ice would be then broken down into it's hydrogen and oxygen molecules which due to the low gravity and lack of a magnetosphere would then be bled off into space.

But a few meters under the surface in some parts of the planet probably water ice has been detected, it is sheltered by the blanket of dust and debris under which it is buried.

Also Carbon Dioxide freezes in the martian winter and at it's pole's so one would assume also presumably at higher altitudes BUT were it is sheltered from direct solar radiation such as in the lee of rock's and other terrain features, it is not water ice though remember but dry ice and it too can appear white like water ice to the naked eye but as for mount sharp is concerned it is probably too low and therefore likely too warm at least most of the year around for this to be the case.

That is as far as we have been Told but of course non of us are there, our view of the planet is base upon images and information which is fed to us by an agency which has been associated with keeping some fact's from the public and also with tampering with it's images in the past.

Of course like I say we are never told the entire or indeed sometimes any of the truth?.

And of course much closer to home.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

According to what we have been TOLD about Mars there is ice but it is below the surface and surface ice can not survive since Mars has almost no magnetic field to protect it's surface which mean's that hard radiation then bombards the surface so that any water or water ice would be then broken down into it's hydrogen and oxygen molecules which due to the low gravity and lack of a magnetosphere would then be bled off into space.

If what we are TOLD is correct, a thin layer of ice could form on Mount Sharp at night and slowly bleed off. A thick glacier may take eons to bleed off.

Thanks for posting the great info and videos

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They have admitted to what they think my be water ice in a few places. Publicizing evidence of current liquid water on Mars, I missed that one too.

That you made a thread about water ice on Mars and neglected to engage in the appropriate due diligence to learn the facts prior to posting is on you.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I think you are the one who did not read. From YOUR LINK.

Editor’s note: The findings described in this press release were updated with additional research published on Nov. 20, 2017, and described in ”Recurring Martian Streaks: Sand, not Water?"

Recurring Martian Streaks: Flowing Sand, Not Water?

Maybe this, maybe that, is not evidence!

And it did not come from NASA. Also from YOUR LINK:

There are eight co-authors of the Nature Geoscience paper, including Mary Beth Wilhelm at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California and Georgia Tech; CRISM Principal Investigator Scott Murchie of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Maryland; and HiRISE Principal Investigator Alfred McEwen of the University of Arizona Lunar and Planetary Laboratory in Tucson, Arizona. Others are at Georgia Tech, the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, and Laboratoire de Planétologie et Géodynamique in Nantes, France.

As soon as that PAPER was published half of the Mars science community came out and said it is not water it is sand.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There is a big difference between a lake deep under Mars and an easily accessible glacier on the side of a mountain.

Please post a link to "publicizing evidence of liquid water" currently on Mars.

It sounds like some serious cognitive dissonance

Maybe you didn't notice what forum this in? No need for insults.

Where have you been living in a cave? Of course NASA said there is water on mars. Your funny your arguing they would never do what they all ready did. Guess this shoots your conspiracy theory huh?

www.nasa.gov...

www.space.com...

See obviously NASA has no problem telling the public their is water on mars. Even if sometimes they may be wrong. There is zero benefit from hiding from people there is water on mars. Your conspiracy is funny.
edit on 9/8/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You can't read either I see, and I never said they would not do that, you are confused. Guess this shoots your credibility huh?

ETA - See you had to edit your post after my reply. The first line in your space.com link:

Liquid water may still flow on Mars

Do you know what may means? Do you know what evidence is?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You can't read either I see, and I never said they would not do that, you are confused. Guess this shoots your creditably huh?

No just yours creating a false narrative. Its well known water still exists on mars. The only problem is it cant be in direct sunlight. Problem is you dont have an atmosphere that can stop ionizing radiation. Meaning you could cook a stake by just leaving it in the sunlight.

Yet in areas where sunlight cant reach remains very cold.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

LOL, it has nothing do with sunlight. Atmospheric pressure and temperature are the problem. Talk about false narratives. Reading your above post I can see you surely are confused.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Looking at images of Mount Sharp on Mars, I get the impression it has remains of a Glacier and maybe is covered with ice.

Link to Source

This images shows a much lighter colored section of the mountain that could be a glacier.

Mount Sharp, Mars

According to Corey Goode we have had a base there for years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join