It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishermen Find 10,000-Year-Old Skull and Antlers of Extinct Giant Elk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I think they should drain that lake, would be a lot of cool finds.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: oriondc
And those horns/skull didn’t disintegrate in water over 10,000 years because.... ?

Bog peat marshes with low oxygen levels, so nothing decomposes.

The article says it was found in a freshwater lake, not a peat bog. I’m just not buying any of this, sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Nothing 'girly' about this fella

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Nothing 'girly' about this fella

youtu.be...

Lived in MT for a bit and I have to say....I have come across all kinds of wildlife on trails and a adult male moose was hands down the most frightening. Been near a few different bears, but a moose is just a monster....and mean.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Either megaloceros giganteus is not extincted or that is CGI

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Never been face to face with a moose or hippo and they are about the only 2 creatures I never want to meet.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ive seen a couple moose tredging though Estes Park, CO with no care for the humans about haha. Some folk here also keep a buffalo or two amongst their cows and damn those suckers are big!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

And those horns/skull didn’t disintegrate in water over 10,000 years because.... ?

Bog peat marshes with low oxygen levels, so nothing decomposes.

The article says it was found in a freshwater lake, not a peat bog. I’m just not buying any of this, sorry.

The lake bed can be clay or other waterproof material. Sometimes there will be layers of peat at the bottom of the lake. If the water is undisturbed then the lower layers will be deoxygenated.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Crikey!!! Imagine hitting that with your car. I thought roos were bad mothas here. That is one big beasty.

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sorry to use this thread for my own personal gain but as it involves antlers I thought it might attract the right people to ask. So I was trekking in Scotland and stumbled across matching dear antlers (see pics, excuse the mess in the pics I'm decorating)

Just curious if there is anyway particulr way to preserve or clean them. Or should I just leave them? I'm not going to mount them to anything as I don't want to ruin them

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This www.youtube.com... causes a Noahs Flood level event which spawns Vlar Global Continental Displacement Waves which do this www.youtube.com... in this www.youtube.com... and this www.youtube.com...

So after I make www.youtube.com... and tell you about www.youtube.com... you might ask me www.youtube.com... and I will tell you that www.youtube.com... and and then you might ask if we are in trouble or www.youtube.com... and I will tell you that no we are not and I will www.youtube.com... so not to worry....we can find a place like this...www.youtube.com... a time like this....www.youtube.com...

If you want to have your mind blown then play the 2012 link video muted while you open another window to a link to any of the songs listed and then play the audio of ANY of those songs while you watch the 2012 video.....use the songs as soundtracks for that video of the movie 2012 which was an anagram by the global powers who know what is coming for 2021 the real arrival date....and then get as spooked out as I am over the sweet syncronicity that happens for each song with that same video.

You could also use this video muted as a background to any of those songs...www.youtube.com... Just as spooky.
edit on 9-9-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's pretty cool!!!
Be warned.... In the "Top Trending Conspiracies" catagory is the Dinosaur Deniers....

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

This is a good video where the Narrator is discussing work and research done by Newearth...she is a smart cookie....so is the Narrator....however they are both far behind the curve....I have been discussing Vlar Global Continental Displacement Waves for a long time on ATS and have gone over the resulting impacts which range from instantly formed oil deposits to pertified flesh to classification of geological detritus to massive bone beds to stone indistinguishable from any other in mere years.

The people Newearth calls The Survivors ...well they ARE the only survivors from a highly technological class ruled society...and what they SURVIVED was an event called Global Continental Displacement which by proxy produces a set of concurrent Vlar Global Continental Displacement Waves that re-tooled the surface geography of the Earth...the Great sand deposits and the great Oil deposits and the great mineral deposits were ALL PLACED WHERE THEY ARE FOUND TODAY and have all been CLASSIFIED prior to placement....there are many more examples of this...and the ONLY thing capable of moving this volume of material and of creating an environment in which the chemical reactions required to produce Oil and Gas and petrified red meat and solidified creatures and people is a HYDRAULIC ACTION....water is the keystone.....like I said we have been over all of this here on ATS before.....these researchers are nice people and have devoted many years in some cases to their work...well we had it here long ago....nice to see the legwork being done however...to bad they don't have the full and complete story which again we have discussed here before.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
imagine facing the choice between taking on that beastie with a pointy stick or....going hungry

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars>.>> The scientific name was Bullwinkleodon Gigantus.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
DNA

I bet it is recoverable.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
DNA

I bet it is recoverable.

Yes it I,Mudfossil University has had DNA tests done successfully on artifacts like this.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Because it's bone, and depending on water conditions (acidic or not, anaerobic or not, etc) water can preserve bone a long damn time.

For 10,000 years? Hmmmm... something doesn't pass the smell test.

Shouldn't it be a bone graveyard then? Why just one? If that can survive 10,000+ years it should be chock full of bones.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not trying to argue with anyone here, or to say that the experts are wrong (I understand how DNA tests work) but this just looks like an ordinary moose rack to me. Pretty good sized, but I've seen larger racks.

My brother in law has an elk rack about that size on his wall. It doesn't look anything like that. Not that it has to, being a different species and all.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

I guess gizmodo.com could be putting out fake news by mistake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join