It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Holloman AFB is about 10 miles away. Maybe a very special R&D craft went down nearby and the recovery team is recovering it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I was implying that it might be a good time to finish the shutdown.

But then I, like others, wonder why they just don't give a reason. Maybe they just don't care and are going along their merry way and leaving the public in the dark.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

This local article alone completely eliminates "moving" as the reason for the closure:
Sunspot Observatory closed due to security issue

If you believe or trust in the gov 100%.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Why call it a security issue then as all of the news articles have stated? Again- that doesn't make any sense.

And to finish what "shut down"?
edit on 363039010am30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: What shutdown

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I think LE was not in the need-to-know loop. They were given some busy work to keep them quiet and occupied.

Law Enforcement is "saying" they don't know what's going. Could just be their cover story.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

As Chance said, a cover story. The government loves stories...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Holloman AFB is about 10 miles away. Maybe a very special R&D craft went down nearby and the recovery team is recovering it.

That isn't a bad take on the situation but I would think it would have been leaked.

Maybe ET is landing there soon.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was looking through the various Solar activity sources, to see if there could be a cover-up of something big coming.
The only thing I see so far is the close comet, and a G-1 magnetic storm coming on Sept. 11.

I thought perhaps they might have appropriated the facility to beef it up to monitor a potential disastrous event.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge about the science can rule out a reason like keeping the public in the dark about a solar or space disaster.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: pteridine

That isn't a bad take on the situation but I would think it would have been leaked.

Maybe ET is landing there soon.

They use the word investigation too.

"As locals I feel that we should know what's going on around us," Cloudcroft resident Roger Wiley said. A spokesman for the Otero County Sheriff's Office said they are not involved in the investigation. A post office in the area has also been shut down. "Right now, what we're told is that they've temporarily evacuated the area. We haven't been told why or when that expires," said Rod Spurgeon, a spokesman with the USPS.

www.kvia.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You realize this location is being run by New Mexico State University as of this year, right? Not "the scary government" . why would they use a "security issue" cover story, then give no additional details, instead of just saying "we are closing". The whole premise of a cover story is to detract attention, not CREATE it... Which is exactly what this story is doing. It's fun to speculate, sure... That's what we all are doing in this thread. But at least try and work in KNOWN i formation when doing so instead of just comoletely pulling BS out of left field lol doesnt really do much to help anyone IMO. The university states the chose to evacuate their facility as a "precaution" in one of the news storys, I'm not sure if the PO was forced to evacuate or also did as a precaution. The local law is at a loss for what's going on aswell as why the FBI is both involved, and got involved so quickly without notifying them. The FBI would be the only link to rhe "government" in the facts available, but using "security issue" as a cover story really doesnt make any sense

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Seek Q drops for 31st August 2018.

P
More like here
check post 2012 to 2008
Here

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
11/9/18 (9 +9) we are still here

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If the whole "town" is basically based around the observatory and it was being moved, why would you need a post office? That part makes sense to me. Relocated everyone and close it all down.
Then again, why all the secrecy, the chopper and the FBI?
I didnt miss anything from pages 6 on, right? I didnt have time to read it all before work.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've got a place about 20 miles from sunspot towards El paso, TX. Last Saturday 9-1-18 I was driving the dirt road E-001 from Sacramento canyon Rd and I saw 2 fort bliss military police heading NW towards sunspot. I've never seen this and though it was extremely odd. I usually don't see 1 person on that road, to pass 2 military cops from Texas, which is like 40 miles away, made me wonder what was going on.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Who know, just guessing.

Anyway, if New Mexico State University is in charge why don't they say something? Over riden by the government?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's also curious that MSM is quiet. I know this is just a very small obscure town, but when Feds evacuate a town for security reasons, why would that not get picked up by news? This is lasting for days. This must be news-worthy.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It's also curious that MSM is quiet. I know this is just a very small obscure town, but when Feds evacuate a town for security reasons, why would that not get picked up by news? This is lasting for days. This must be news-worthy.

Yea I mentioned that earlier. Basically it just sounds like the got their cover stories mixed up, or one is the truth and the other one isn't. Why say its closing for security reasons then back track and say its a planned move or seasonal shutdown. Which is it? Is the most basic question the media ought to be asking, instead of some of the non news stories they pump out every day.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Just climbin in to follow the story. Pretty odd, nothing special to offer that hasnt been said, just interested as to how this develops.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join