It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Grand Jury Proceedings Underway Against Andrew McCabe; Witnesses Summoned

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Zerohedge - Secret Grand Jury Proceedings Underway Against Andrew McCabe; Witnesses Summoned

Federal prosecutors have been using a grand jury over the last several months to investigate former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, reports the Washington Post, citing two people familiar with the matter.

What's more, the grand jury has summoned at least two witnesses, and the case is ongoing according to WaPo's sources.

The presence of the grand jury shows prosecutors are treating the matter seriously, locking in the accounts of witnesses who might later have to testify at a trial. But such panels are sometimes used only as investigative tools, and it remains unclear if McCabe will ultimately be charged. -Washington Post

McCabe was fired on March 16 after Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz issued a criminal referral following a months-long probe, which found that McCabe lied four times, including twice under oath, about authorizing a self-serving leak to the press. Horowitz found that McCabe "had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor - including under oath - on multiple occasions."

Specifically, McCabe was fired for lying about authorizing an F.B.I. spokesman and attorney to tell Devlin Barrett of the Wall St. Journal - just days before the 2016 election, that the FBI had not put the brakes on a separate investigation into the Clinton Foundation, at a time in which McCabe was coming under fire for his wife taking a $467,500 campaign contribution from Clinton proxy pal, Terry McAuliffe.

In order to deal with his legal woes, McCabe set up a GoFundMe "legal defense fund" which stopped accepting donations, after support for the fired bureaucrat took in over half a million dollars - roughly $100,000 more than his wife's campaign took from McAuliffe as McCabe's office was investigating Clinton and her infamous charities.

Click link for full article..

A Grand Jury was convened and is investigating Andrew McCabe for his roll in the Clinton mess, hies lies during the investigation into him by the ICIG and his unauthorized leaks to the media. Witnesses have already been issued subpoenas but their identity is not known at this time. McCabes lawyer confirmed the existence of a Grand Jury, noting it was empaneled more than a month ago. He suggested the leak of the existence of a GJ was done to distract from what he describes as a disastrous week for Trump. He says its unlikely McCabe will be charged with a crime unless the DOJ is pressured from potus (got to love the blame game the left likes to play).

There have been unconfirmed reports / conspiracy that Obama in fact issued secret pardons for key people related to the coup against Trump. If Grand jury's are being empaneled I would wager the pardons in question do not exist.

It is a start and hopefully many more will come.

Other sources -
* - NPR - Grand Jury Looking Into Case Of Ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
* - Washington Compost -Prosecutors use grand jury as investigation of Andrew McCabe intensifies
* - Fox News - Former FBI official McCabe under grand jury probe

** Legal reminder -
The convening of a Grand Jury does not mean anyone will be charged with a crime. They are often convened as an investigative tool to look into whether charges are warranted (they are in McCabes case). Grand juries have the authority to issue subpoenas for people and evidence.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Welp here is to hoping, but so much garbage is being printed across the media spectrum its hard to get my hopes up.

IF true, the guy strikes me as someone that might role over...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Rudy Giuliani even confirmed the existence of the grand jury tonight on Hannity.

Hopefully, this guy gets the book thrown at him.

I wouldn’t even give this guy immunity for implicating HRC & BHO, he doesn’t deserve it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What's so ''secret'' about it. We are talking about it and witnesses have been called. Grand juries are called to investigate evidence before proceeding to trial.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
What's so ''secret'' about it. We are talking about it and witnesses have been called. Grand juries are called to investigate evidence before proceeding to trial.

Grand jury proceedings and deliberations are secret by law. Grand juries can gather evidence and assist in the investigation by authorizing subpoenas. Grand juries can also issue indictments to prosecute a person. So it goes beyond just an investigation.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Welp here is to hoping, but so much garbage is being printed across the media spectrum its hard to get my hopes up.

IF true, the guy strikes me as someone that might role over...

Agreed.. It is why I included additional sources from around the ideological spectrum. As for rolling over you run into problems at the level McCabe is at. The only person higher than McCabe was Comey and we have already seen them try to throw each other under the bus. McCabe stated he had authorization to leak certain info to the media, that he informed Comey of his intent and that Comey approved.

Comey stated he never approved any leaks to the media.

If any of these people ever make it to the inside of a court room as a defendant it should be one hell of a cluster f*** to watch.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yes, ''deliberations'' ARE secret. Grand juries are not. The title as used makes it sound like some kind of nefarious tribunal rather than one aspect of the normal judicial system.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Several months. Only 2 witnesses. Must be a Grand Jury for investigation purposes. The OIG off-loaded his DOJ/FBI/FISA investigation. Most likely it's under Sessions/Huber now.
edit on 9/8/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Luckily, we are expected to read beyond the title.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yes, ''deliberations'' ARE secret. Grand juries are not. The title as used makes it sound like some kind of nefarious tribunal rather than one aspect of the normal judicial system.

Title III Section 6 of the Federal rules for Criminal procedures doesnt agree with you. It spells out / defines the secrecy surrounding them and under what circumstances it may be disclosed and by whom.

Any grand jury proceedings, including the empaneling of a grand jury, is secret. All parties involved in a Grand Jury are prohibited from discussing / confirming its existence.

The one and only exception to all grand jury disclosures, whether federal or state, belongs to a witness. A witness can discuss it w/out any repercussions.

Finally this grand jury's existence in the op was only discovered when it was leaked. McCabes own attorney addressed this by stating it was not new and they have known for over a month one was empaneled. As a lawyer for the target they are also required to be notified of its existence.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

There have been unconfirmed reports / conspiracy that Obama in fact issued secret pardons for key people related to the coup against Trump. If Grand jury's are being empaneled I would wager the pardons in question do not exist.

Secret pardons may have been issued.
The grand jury may be impaneled to look at criminal activity that took place after Obama left office, which would fall outside of a possible Obama pardon... if McCabe even was pardoned. If no pardon was issued for McCabe, it doesn’t rule out pardons being given to others, such as Hillary.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Secret pardons may have been issued.
The grand jury may be impaneled to look at criminal activity that took place after Obama left office, which would fall outside of a possible Obama pardon... if McCabe even was pardoned. If no pardon was issued for McCabe, it doesn’t rule out pardons being given to others, such as Hillary.

From the way I am understanding the legalities involved in this is if Obama issued pardons those pardons only apply to acts that were committed while he was President and before him.

Any illegal acts taken after Obama left office would not be covered. Part of me thinks this is why we havent seen much action (publicly anyways). They would need to build a criminal case against these people for the news crimes and not the old crimes. It is why we are seeing those involved blatantly flaunting the law, most likely thinking they are home free and can do whatever the want.

If that means tax fraud then so be it.

ETA
After doing some research I found that all Presidential pardons / clemancy are a matter of public record. Federal law requires the release of names of people pardoned / granted clemancy.

DOJ - Pardon / Clemancy

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You say '' All parties involved in a Grand Jury are prohibited from discussing / confirming its existence. '' which completely contradicts what you later say by stating '' McCabes own attorney addressed this by stating it was not new and they have known for over a month one was empaneled. As a lawyer for the target they are also required to be notified of its existence.''

You rightfully point out, ''The one and only exception to all grand jury disclosures, whether federal or state, belongs to a witness. A witness can discuss it w/out any repercussions. '', a witness may talk about what they have been asked and what they have told a grand jury to anyone they want but the jury itself cannot.

So this grand jury is not a ''secret grand jury'' it was a regular grand jury. Calling it a ''secret grand jury'' is like saying there is water in a waterfall. Of course there is water in a waterall, it goes without saying. Or ''John got in his car and drove away. There was an engine in his car.'' Of course there was.

My point about the grand jury not being a secret in and of itself but rather a normal judicial process holds, hence, though it's actions and deliberations must have secrecy, the existence and establishment of that grand jury need not because for one, the defendents lawyers must be informed if it's existence as is the case in this situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes we are, but do we always? The inclusion of the word ''secret'' in the title suggests, as I mentioned, something extraordinary, ouuuu, a sseeccrreett. There is no secret about it. And reading the rest of the OP as well as the article it was based upon it is clear that the term ''secret grand jury'' was never used at all EXCEPT in the headline.

And knowing that even though we may be expected to read beyond the headline, we also know that many of us do not and that a headline may be all that is needed to call to a certain bias without further study.

In this case, as I mentioned above, the headline from Zero suggests, to those who do not read further or know about the nature and conditions of grand juries, that in this case it was all a secret. Which it was not to any extraordinary degree. It was just a grand jury.

And to clarify my point further, the inclusion of the word ''secret'' in the headline can be enough to confirm in many peoples minds the notion of hidden skulduggery and nefarious intentions on the part of the prosecution, which once again there was not.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Caveat emptor.

It used to be a value taught in high school civics. Now, its ignored in lieu of a reasonable excuse.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

According to your specious and convoluted argument, the name of this whole forum is a fraud.

How can anything be above top secret, if we are here discussing it?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Remember when there were rumors of this a few months ago and some members were in complete denial?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep. But any rumor about Grand Jury proceedings from
Mueller's so called Special Counsel is seized upon as the
gospel truth; and they are all guilty even before convicted.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Certainly. What I have been attempting to suggest here is not the nature of secretiveness or un-secretiveness of grand juries.
It has been the spurious use of the word ''secret'' as an adjective to describe them. Of course grand juries need to be held under conditions of secrecy for the sake of deliberations and investigation. This however does not make them ''secret grand juries'', just grand juries as everyone involved knows that they are happening, just not the scope of their inquiries.

Therefore, Zero's headline seeks to add a flavor of mystery to this specific grand jury that it needs to be labeled ''secret''.
That headline is misleading. Furry says caveat emptor and while this is certainly true as well, I am only attempting to act as a consumer advocate for honesty in advertising.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

heard its a pacifier.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join