It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you think of the factory five kit cars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
a reply to: BigDave-AR

carol shelby didnt like factory five very much, he even sued them, but he lost.

It happens he was still a great guy and a legend...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Shelby built a few good cars in the 60s. But later spent most of his name on selling badging to mediocre street cars, a host of fwd Chryslers in the 80s and a bunch of mustang's later on.

He was no enzo Ferrari, or colin Chapman for that matter.

The fact he sued ffr should mean sick to most people.

FFR will sell me a cobra replica, with a tubular frame chassis that has 4 wheel independent suspension and modern CAD designed and tested suspension dynamics, something the original shelby cobra's just can't compete with.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Shelby built a few good cars in the 60s. But later spent most of his name on selling badging to mediocre street cars, a host of fwd Chryslers in the 80s and a bunch of mustang's later on.

He was no enzo Ferrari, or colin Chapman for that matter.

The fact he sued ffr should mean sick to most people.

FFR will sell me a cobra replica, with a tubular frame chassis that has 4 wheel independent suspension and modern CAD designed and tested suspension dynamics, something the original shelby cobra's just can't compete with.

I hadn’t realized that they started doing full rollers my mistake, still going to be $30k+ into it by the time you get it up and going, and that’s pretty conservative. I’m not saying he should have done things the way he did visa ve FFR, I’m glad that he lost on that one but that’s the only blemish on his reputation in my eyes. You also have to keep in mind the time in which the crap badges stuff, it was all when there wasn’t much performance cars thanks to the fuel crunch, he also had some obligations. I still respect the hell out of him, he was also a great guy a family friend would go out on his jet boat out on Lake Tahoe, he was a good guy. He also opened up an entire new sub section to the automotive world that spawned the rest of the performance sub brands and companies. Was he the best driver? No but he was no slouch and his racing expierence and leadership brought about some of the most desireable cars ever made.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i forgot to mention on the front page but everyone should get the free dvd and book from the Factory five website.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join