It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious square aircraft scared me to death,’ NC man says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The lights near the bottom are reflections off the hood of the car.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Can see the clouds behind it in first pic, definitely a reflection. Plus everyone knows UFOs are either saucer shaped or triangle, who ever heard of a square one!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Can see the clouds behind it in first pic, definitely a reflection. Plus everyone knows UFOs are either saucer shaped or triangle, who ever heard of a square one!

Square ones do exist
for sure. The fact that the encounter was followed by a storm also points this to being real

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Actually, a GalaxY S7 edge , face down on the dash could possibly be responsible for this image. I have one, and yes, all sides light up depending upon what is on the screen. The orientation does not appreciably change in the other images.
edit on 4-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Bezzlel-less infinity screen, good call!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Quick edit levels increased

You can see more of the dash no reflection on hood so looks like reflection on screen.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Whats the point of even providing visual evidence of a UFO anymore? All the armchair photo-forensic experts scream HOAX immediately, without fail, every single time. We could have a photo of a flying saucer landing in the Rose Garden in broad daylight, and everyone would still scream HOAX.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Yeah, but we haven't got anything like that, have we?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Doesn't look very square. Rounded corners. Front line doesn't appear to be solid or straight. Also doesn't look very craft-like, since you can see the lighter clouds through it.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
Whats the point of even providing visual evidence of a UFO anymore? All the armchair photo-forensic experts scream HOAX immediately, without fail, every single time. We could have a photo of a flying saucer landing in the Rose Garden in broad daylight, and everyone would still scream HOAX.

Well some on here are photographers long term hobby also pro/semi pro so guess what they are used to looking at images and taking them and will have seen problems like lens flare/reflections fooling people, next year I will have been taking images for 40 yrs started of with a fully manual SLR to now a DSLR.

We want to see the real deal and if I do I will back it 100%

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Doesn't look very square. Rounded corners. Front line doesn't appear to be solid or straight. Also doesn't look very craft-like, since you can see the lighter clouds through it.

Yes, like the edges of a Galaxy S7/8 Edge.
Fits well.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In retrospect; When you see a reflection, like this one, cause such a stir;
You have to think about all of the various light sources, images and supposed objects as filmed through glass. Everything from anything in space is through glass, whether it be cockpit glass or glass outer optical seals on lenses. The instruments in space vehicles and cockpits have illumination all over the place.

There has to be a statistic for error caused by reflection in so many of these incidents.

Just good old problems with optics and reflective surfaces.

edit on 4-9-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I will be there next Thursday/Friday for a work related event. I will keep my eyes open for any huge smart phones hovering around.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Seriously though, my guess is that it is the reflection of a smart phone (on the inside of the car) on the windshield.
I have seen similar things while driving at night and it took a couple of glances to realize the object was in fact right beside me all along.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Seriously though, my guess is that it is the reflection of a smart phone (on the inside of the car) on the windshield.
I have seen similar things while driving at night and it took a couple of glances to realize the object was in fact right beside me all along.

Looks like that to me as well.
I am somewhat concerned for the witness who reported this because he was scared to death. (of a reflection of his own mobile phone?)

If he was inside the car though, you would expect a person to be able to tell the difference between a reflection and something actually moving (as seen) through the windshield..

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Unless there's video, I'd dismiss it

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I agree with this - though I’m not certain if the image is or isn’t a reflection.

If someone took a picture of a black triangle that was clear as day sitting over a field, for instance, that was 100% clear and easily identified as a craft you’d hear “it’s CGI” or “it’s a hoax because (insert reason)”.

Meanwhile if I took a picture of an oddly shaped, but clearly terrestrial aircraft under those same circumstances then the answer would be “oh that’s an airplane look at XYZ about it” and no one would ask about dash reflections.

I get the argument extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, too.

I can say that yeah, it looks like a smart phone. Which does immediately make me skeptical. Doesn’t mean however that we couldn’t have rectangular craft, they couldn’t have rounded edges, etc.

Could someone be seeing what they want to see and take it on faith/hope it’s a ufo? Sure. Are they crazy? Not really. Hundreds of millions of people pray to a god they’ve never met but have been promised they’ll meet if they live to please them. But that makes perfect sense...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I agree with this - though I’m not certain if the image is or isn’t a reflection.

If someone took a picture of a black triangle that was clear as day sitting over a field, for instance, that was 100% clear and easily identified as a craft you’d hear “it’s CGI” or “it’s a hoax because (insert reason)”.

Meanwhile if I took a picture of an oddly shaped, but clearly terrestrial aircraft under those same circumstances then the answer would be “oh that’s an airplane look at XYZ about it” and no one would ask about dash reflections.

I get the argument extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, too.

I can say that yeah, it looks like a smart phone. Which does immediately make me skeptical. Doesn’t mean however that we couldn’t have rectangular craft, they couldn’t have rounded edges, etc.

Could someone be seeing what they want to see and take it on faith/hope it’s a ufo? Sure. Are they crazy? Not really. Hundreds of millions of people pray to a god they’ve never met but have been promised they’ll meet if they live to please them. But that makes perfect sense...

All you said makes sense except for the part about praying to a God they have never met. How do you know none of them have met God? You don't. You just assume. Does that make sense?

You are reasoning most everything out with some consideration, except for matters involving God. That is a contradiction in logic and reasoning.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
I have no idea what this is, Look's like a flying smart phone to me. Have fun folks!

Another alleged UFO sighting near Charlotte has appeared on Facebook and in this case, it was posted by a husband and father who says he doesn’t necessarily believe in UFOs. Javion Hill, 35, of Kings Mountain, North Carolina, says he took several photos of the object during a storm on the night of Aug. 18, as he drove on U.S. 74 southwest of Charlotte. The images feature something square hovering above the treeline, with its edges fringed in lights. Hill told the Charlotte Observer the craft frightened him to the point that he didn’t sleep that night. “I was on my way home with my wife on the speaker phone, and it looked like there was a tornado coming, so I was trying to take a picture of the clouds for my wife,” says Hill.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Not sure what the guy saw but I don't believe it was a reflection of the nearby gas station as the light looks too pink colored and the angle is wrong. Also, I did some photo editing on the picture (may be way off compared to doing the original though) and found that (1)changing to negative image didn't really show anything other than reversed colors, (2) increasing lightness and darkness, contrast, and grain removal - each effect made the "roof" of the object look like there was an oval-shaped section kind of like a belt buckle-shaped part...

As far as the angle goes, if something were on the dash and towards the middle/passenger side, that would be about the angle of the reflection; and the guy does state that by the time he pulled over at an exit to take a video (changed angles) the object was gone.

I can't think of anything that would be bright pink around the edges like that. It is shaped like a cell phone, but I haven't ever seen one that lights up in random sections like that.

Another thing is that if the object was as big as he says it was...a lot of other people would have surely seen it too, and there would have been multiple reports coming in. If there doesn't end up being any - then I would say either reflection or hoax.

I have seen several unexplained things in the skies during my life, so I definitely believe whatever they are, they are real. Some military? some not?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As many of you have already proposed, it's just something reflected on the windshield.
Yesteday I did on Twitter this short animation comparing two pictures with the same reflection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join