It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone working for one of their dream companies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This past week I started the next phase of my 22 year career working for one of my dream companies of the past 15 years and so far it has turned out to be everything I expected and more because I didn't believe the culturecampus could ever be as good as videos were showing.

Anyone else gotten to that point of their career where opportunities like that present themselves and if so , has it been as good or worse then you expected?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The only dream company that exists is your own.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"If you're working for someone else, you're working for the wrong person"

Me

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Aweseome..I disagree and could care less if you want to throw some Matrix sounding quotes out there..

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah, livin the dream actually.

Lionsgate, Marvel, Warner bros, Sony, Universal all come to town. All good people...Disney, not so much.

www.bonanzacreekranch.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I work for myself.....biggest asshole I've ever worked for in my 40 year career. But yes, it's everything I ever wanted it to be...then some.
edit on 1-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You must be passionate about your occupation. Sounds like the bump is well-deserved.

I have never really wanted a job and never had one for more than six months. I've mostly been dishwasher, janitor, etc. Never made much more than minimum wage and never took promotions, even when foolishly offered. I have a terrible chip on my shoulder and don't get along well with others.

My honest reflection is that people like me either get lucky or get homeless. So far, I'm getting lucky.

I am currently finding happy self-employment on something akin to a pirate ship. (I'm not doing anything violent or illegal, so maybe the comparison is weak.) It's the happiest time of my life.
edit on 1/9/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: meh...maybe it's not luck

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
This past week I started the next phase of my 22 year career working for one of my dream companies of the past 15 years and so far it has turned out to be everything I expected and more because I didn't believe the culturecampus could ever be as good as videos were showing.

Anyone else gotten to that point of their career where opportunities like that present themselves and if so , has it been as good or worse then you expected?

I work for the largest company in our industry and I like the fact that we have the resources and ability to innovate which makes my job more fun and easier.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What, no company names allowed? I thought Lockheed-Martin would be awesome after 24 years in the Air Force. Not so much....union people suck.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My dream would be to not have to work at all, but since I have to, the place I work at right now would be one of the best option. It was by a lucky coincidence/accident that I got in about 8 months ago and so far I'm very happy with it.
Next stop: my own business or retirement.
Congratulations to you and enjoy the ride!

edit on 1-9-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yeah, livin the dream actually.

Lionsgate, Marvel, Warner bros, Sony, Universal all come to town. All good people...Disney, not so much.

www.bonanzacreekranch.com...

That's pretty cool, I wanna come visit!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good deal.. It's cool reading different perspectives even if I don't agree with them.

For me I started working for Blizzard Entertainment this week which is still hard to believe when I think of me 15 years ago going to Lan parties to play Diablo.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Only for a couple years 95-97 in Park City Utah. Fast cars, epic romances.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hell no....I hate ny job, but i’m good at it so they keep me around. Here soon I have planned my leave for something that I will actually enjoy....hopefully that is

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh geez, you got a gig with the video game version of Disney!

Grats man, all jokes aside it has to be an awesome feeling to work for them if you are a gamer.

So......what ya working on....???

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have my dream job.

I get paid to fly drones every single day

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Sweeet. Kill any terrorists today?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Oh geez, you got a gig with the video game version of Disney!

Grats man, all jokes aside it has to be an awesome feeling to work for them if you are a gamer.

So......what ya working on....???

I'm on the corporate IS side so I, in effect, get to support all games.

It's hard to describe what the campus and culture are like.. Unlike anything else I have encountered in this hard to believe amazing way.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah I have found mine. I had to go into business for myself to find it though.

Morpheus

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Hahaha, not flying a Predator drone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join