It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: StallionDuck

You hypocrite!

Trump has spent more time playing golf in his first year, than Obama did in his first four.

He has been the laziest President in decades so far, already outspending Obama on non-work related trips by a massive margin.

You illiterate!!

A hypocrite would mean that I complained against obama doing the same thing.... Which I did not. I pointed out to a hypocrite that obama did the same. So, you apparently don't have a clue.

Hypocrite would also mean that everyone on this thread that complained against Trump playing golf is just that. ...a Hypocrite, you Illiterate!

As far as a lazy PoTUS... You again, have no clue. That's understandable, being british and all... You should focus more on your own politics and leave ours to the Americans.

- TrueAmerican

edit on 31-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Throes

Ah, so because you, personally benefit, you believe that things are generally better?

How utterly predictable. Unjustifiable from a logical point of view, but predictable anyway. Trump being in office does not benefit those who NEED help, it only benefits those who WANT help. If you NEEDED help, you would be left to drown, as are folk who actually need effective representation and lack it.

Such as?

It's not Throes that is the "utterly predictable" one here, Hoss.

The words "Broken Record" come to mind.

Things aren't "Generally better". They are MASSIVELY better. Orders of magnitude better. I don't know a single person who's situation hasn't improved over the last year. Actually, that's not 100% accurate, because I actually do know a couple of FLAMING liberals, and their lives pretty much suck, so all I ever hear them say is "REEEEEEEeeee".

I also don't know any rich folks, so I don't have up-to-date information on how any of them are doing.

Perhaps you should try to find a source with more accurate information, yes? You know, garbage in, garbage out, and all that.

I don't know how things are across the pond, but we're having an absolute BALL over here! (and when I say "we", I mean everyone who ISN'T a flaming liberal.)

Did you see the size of the crowd at last night's rally? And that doesn't even include the crowd outside the venue.

Cheer up, brother. What a great time to be alive!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

He has done more hideously unjustifiable crap, yes, but achieved absolutely nothing of any note for the people who actually voted him in, all the while convincing them that he has.

I mean, if you count that stuff, then sure, hes been a powerhouse. I don't count that stuff, because I do not swallow his propaganda, or any propaganda for that matter, since its all paid for with the produce of runaway capitalism that has abandoned the peoples interest in favour of its own, no matter which side of the debate it comes from.

It's "propaganda" to you because you being way over there in britannia, aren't here to see first hand what's really going on. Instead, you're drinking the kool aid that IS liberal propaganda. Literally!

What hilarity!

The irony is thick as Hillary with this one. Get it..? Hillary = thieves?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ah, so because you, personally benefit, you believe that things are generally better?

How utterly predictable. Unjustifiable from a logical point of view, but predictable anyway. Trump being in office does not benefit those who NEED help, it only benefits those who WANT help. If you NEEDED help, you would be left to drown, as are folk who actually need effective representation and lack it.

Who needs help and is not getting it?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

You hypocrite!

Trump has spent more time playing golf in his first year, than Obama did in his first four.

He has been the laziest President in decades so far, already outspending Obama on non-work related trips by a massive margin.

What propaganda-derived piffle. Trump is a notorious workaholic who likes golf, and you believe he gave up one so he could engage in the other.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January

The dembs and their families are doing a happy dance and the GOP is ++**in bricks.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The ignorant comments are absurd, most people have no clue what they are talking about. It's as if people assume if someone is a Federal worker, they are lazy, overpaid, produce horrible customer service, and don't deserve a raise, ever.. and should probably be fired and no one will notice. EVERY company has positions that could be removed. EVERY company has lazy workers, or some workers that are terrible with customer service. EVERY company could stand to review positions, workers, etc. annually. And NO large company should exclude all their workers from getting raises across the board.

What is more pathetic is there are so many more ways to save money (stop dumping it into our military, for one), but instead, Trump does this crap to make waves, and make it seem like he is making a "big difference." Like when he cut jobs that saved mere millions, while dumping billions back into the military. And his sheep bleated then.. "Great move!!" Just pathetic.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

i dont think you know what orders of magnitude means.

i also like when people say things like my family is doing better or the people i know are doing better.

there are like 299, 999, 987 other people in this country you dont know that may not be feeling the winning like you.

just sayinf

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
I have a masters degree and have been offered tripl my current GS12 salary to work in the private sector - should they fire me?

And you work for the government, why?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Another great recession is coming.
Not this year or next, but definitely in the next 5 years.
And the lower 80% of this country that are only now, 10 years later, are making something slightly less than they did a decade ago in wages and purchasing power. While the top 20% have benefited from 98% of the recovery wealth that disappeared in near economic collapse and then was taken from the 80% in taxpayer bailouts for banks and investors.

Go ahead. Begrudge these millions of people there paltry 2.1% pay increase on wages that are already ridiculously low.

The top 5% grow fatter each day on the division and infighting amongst the labor that feeds their coffers.

Who will speak up for you when the next crisis hits?

You are a dream citizen to those with the thumb on the scale.

"I used to have some sort of sympathy for workers but each year it grows smaller and smaller. "

See how it sounds when you remove "government"?

Hard times are coming in the next decade and we will each reap what we sow.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Their are federal employees that are skilled professionals. We have plumbers, electricians, firefighters, police officers and many others where I work as a federal employee.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Let me guess. You want an even BIGGER government. LOL.

Explain why it's necessary to have 2.6 million federal employees. Our government is over bloated and fat with lazy ass federal employees. Anyone who has ever had to work within the federal government knows this or do business with the federal government knows this.

None of them deserve a raise. They are hands down some of the laziest people in the US with a job.

Lazy and entitled.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yea go ahead. See how far agencies like like FDA, EPA and others go when people start leaving because of pay.

Teachers are already going through this, nation wide.

Rich and wealthy get more money, yes. Workers no. Folks dont care what happens as long as its good for them.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
How long until many bureaucratic/office jobs are replaced by AI entirely anyways? I find myself more concerned with that than with a bloated government that would be honestly be better off managed by computers anyways. People getting bent out of shape over a bit of salary when the jobs themselves won't even exist within ten years.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I really don't understand why some of you are upset by this. He's not cutting their pay or hours or firing anybody. He's just denying them a raise, which, as explained, Obama did as well for 3 years. Nobody is entitled to a raise, it should be something you earn by working hard and being good at your job.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: JameSimon
a reply to: Lumenari

That's all fine and dandy, and I agree, but how someone can defend a 200 billion increase in military spending but then mention pay freezes for state employees are reigning over government spending... The irony is strong.

Not really... military personnel haven't had a decent pay raise since Reagan's first term. Hell, Obama was pretty much starving them out... raises UNDER cost of living increases.

As opposed to federal workers, whose pay increases just go on and on and on...

You know very well I was talking about military spending, not military personnel salaries. Any military member should be very well paid as they are any countries line of defense.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: Fools

Another great recession is coming.
Not this year or next, but definitely in the next 5 years.
And the lower 80% of this country that are only now, 10 years later, are making something slightly less than they did a decade ago in wages and purchasing power. While the top 20% have benefited from 98% of the recovery wealth that disappeared in near economic collapse and then was taken from the 80% in taxpayer bailouts for banks and investors.

Go ahead. Begrudge these millions of people there paltry 2.1% pay increase on wages that are already ridiculously low.

The top 5% grow fatter each day on the division and infighting amongst the labor that feeds their coffers.

Who will speak up for you when the next crisis hits?

You are a dream citizen to those with the thumb on the scale.

"I used to have some sort of sympathy for workers but each year it grows smaller and smaller. "

See how it sounds when you remove "government"?

Hard times are coming in the next decade and we will each reap what we sow.

Well I have been hearing that for about 30 years now so................No fears, I am stocked up better than the average bear. I might even come out ahead during an economic downtown, who knows?

And, NO I won't leave the word government out of it because that is what this thread is explicitly about.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Its amazing how many leaps of mental gymnastics it takes, to consider his golfing time as equal to working time, but Obama's as a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Honestly - because I want to do my part for the mission of the agency I work with. That's how most people I work with feel.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join